PlayStation to skip E3 2019

Anything to do with games at all.
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by NickSCFC » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am

Rax wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
jezhumphrey75 wrote:Sony don't have to make much effort to sell there machines and games people will buy there stuff regardless wether they do shows or dont, look how much effort ms have changed the xbox and still they don't sell in Europe or japan, face it Sony only need to release trailers and they'll do well.


Yet, outside of Forza, they remain incapable of creating great games.

Microsoft and Phil Spencer talk and talk and talk, but continually cancel and delay games, and when games actually do come they're incomplete and buggy like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay, or they offer nothing new like Halo 5 and Gears 4.

Sony stay quiet yet release great games like God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us, Uncharted, SotC, Horizon, Bloodborne and Astrobot consistently.

Now which one do you think consumers really care about?

If youre taking a straw poll, Microsoft, cos they make the games I want to play and offer great value for money with game pass.


Doesn't matter if they make the games that YOU want to play, what matters is that going by sales figures and reviews they're not making games that EVERYBODY wants to play, at least compared to the competition anyway.

About 40m people agree with you, but 86m people dont.

User avatar
Ho-Ho-Ho-tek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:33 am

NickSCFC wrote:
jezhumphrey75 wrote:Sony don't have to make much effort to sell there machines and games people will buy there stuff regardless wether they do shows or dont, look how much effort ms have changed the xbox and still they don't sell in Europe or japan, face it Sony only need to release trailers and they'll do well.


Yet, outside of Forza, they remain incapable of creating great games.

Microsoft and Phil Spencer talk and talk and talk, but continually cancel and delay games, and when games actually do come they're incomplete and buggy like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay, or they offer nothing new like Halo 5 and Gears 4.

Sony stay quiet yet release great games like God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us, Uncharted, SotC, Horizon, Bloodborne and Astrobot consistently.

Now which one do you think consumers really care about?

Incredible.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Rax » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Rax wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
jezhumphrey75 wrote:Sony don't have to make much effort to sell there machines and games people will buy there stuff regardless wether they do shows or dont, look how much effort ms have changed the xbox and still they don't sell in Europe or japan, face it Sony only need to release trailers and they'll do well.


Yet, outside of Forza, they remain incapable of creating great games.

Microsoft and Phil Spencer talk and talk and talk, but continually cancel and delay games, and when games actually do come they're incomplete and buggy like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay, or they offer nothing new like Halo 5 and Gears 4.

Sony stay quiet yet release great games like God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us, Uncharted, SotC, Horizon, Bloodborne and Astrobot consistently.

Now which one do you think consumers really care about?

If youre taking a straw poll, Microsoft, cos they make the games I want to play and offer great value for money with game pass.


Doesn't matter if they make the games that YOU want to play, what matters is that going by sales figures and reviews they're not making games that EVERYBODY wants to play, at least compared to the competition anyway.

About 40m people agree with you, but 86m people dont.

86m people saw the Xbox reveal and said strawberry float kinect and always online bullshit, Im getting a PS4. That reveal sunk the Xbox One, doesnt matter that they have rolled all that back, the damage was done.

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by NickSCFC » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 am

Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
jezhumphrey75 wrote:Sony don't have to make much effort to sell there machines and games people will buy there stuff regardless wether they do shows or dont, look how much effort ms have changed the xbox and still they don't sell in Europe or japan, face it Sony only need to release trailers and they'll do well.


Yet, outside of Forza, they remain incapable of creating great games.

Microsoft and Phil Spencer talk and talk and talk, but continually cancel and delay games, and when games actually do come they're incomplete and buggy like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay, or they offer nothing new like Halo 5 and Gears 4.

Sony stay quiet yet release great games like God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us, Uncharted, SotC, Horizon, Bloodborne and Astrobot consistently.

Now which one do you think consumers really care about?

Incredible.


Go on then, what's your reason for PS4 selling at over twice the rate of Xbox One?

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by NickSCFC » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:38 am

Rax wrote:86m people saw the Xbox reveal and said strawberry float kinect and always online bullshit, Im getting a PS4. That reveal sunk the Xbox One, doesnt matter that they have rolled all that back, the damage was done.


The vast majority of consumers are oblivious to things like E3 and conferences so wouldn't even be aware of that announcement.

jezhumphrey75
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by jezhumphrey75 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Rax wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
jezhumphrey75 wrote:Sony don't have to make much effort to sell there machines and games people will buy there stuff regardless wether they do shows or dont, look how much effort ms have changed the xbox and still they don't sell in Europe or japan, face it Sony only need to release trailers and they'll do well.


Yet, outside of Forza, they remain incapable of creating great games.

Microsoft and Phil Spencer talk and talk and talk, but continually cancel and delay games, and when games actually do come they're incomplete and buggy like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay, or they offer nothing new like Halo 5 and Gears 4.

Sony stay quiet yet release great games like God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us, Uncharted, SotC, Horizon, Bloodborne and Astrobot consistently.

Now which one do you think consumers really care about?

If youre taking a straw poll, Microsoft, cos they make the games I want to play and offer great value for money with game pass.


Doesn't matter if they make the games that YOU want to play, what matters is that going by sales figures and reviews they're not making games that EVERYBODY wants to play, at least compared to the competition anyway.

About 40m people agree with you, but 86m people dont.

86 m havnt bought those games so it makes no sense, Sony will always sell more consoles and games because that's the way it is, Xbox could buy every rpg going and they still won't sell consoles in japan.

User avatar
Ho-Ho-Ho-tek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:43 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
jezhumphrey75 wrote:Sony don't have to make much effort to sell there machines and games people will buy there stuff regardless wether they do shows or dont, look how much effort ms have changed the xbox and still they don't sell in Europe or japan, face it Sony only need to release trailers and they'll do well.


Yet, outside of Forza, they remain incapable of creating great games.

Microsoft and Phil Spencer talk and talk and talk, but continually cancel and delay games, and when games actually do come they're incomplete and buggy like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay, or they offer nothing new like Halo 5 and Gears 4.

Sony stay quiet yet release great games like God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us, Uncharted, SotC, Horizon, Bloodborne and Astrobot consistently.

Now which one do you think consumers really care about?

Incredible.


Go on then, what's your reason for PS4 selling at over twice the rate of Xbox One?

:lol: :fp:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by NickSCFC » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 am

Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
jezhumphrey75 wrote:Sony don't have to make much effort to sell there machines and games people will buy there stuff regardless wether they do shows or dont, look how much effort ms have changed the xbox and still they don't sell in Europe or japan, face it Sony only need to release trailers and they'll do well.


Yet, outside of Forza, they remain incapable of creating great games.

Microsoft and Phil Spencer talk and talk and talk, but continually cancel and delay games, and when games actually do come they're incomplete and buggy like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay, or they offer nothing new like Halo 5 and Gears 4.

Sony stay quiet yet release great games like God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us, Uncharted, SotC, Horizon, Bloodborne and Astrobot consistently.

Now which one do you think consumers really care about?

Incredible.


Go on then, what's your reason for PS4 selling at over twice the rate of Xbox One?

:lol: :fp:


Lol facepalm, Photek for I don't have an answer as usual.

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by NickSCFC » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

jezhumphrey75 wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Rax wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
jezhumphrey75 wrote:Sony don't have to make much effort to sell there machines and games people will buy there stuff regardless wether they do shows or dont, look how much effort ms have changed the xbox and still they don't sell in Europe or japan, face it Sony only need to release trailers and they'll do well.


Yet, outside of Forza, they remain incapable of creating great games.

Microsoft and Phil Spencer talk and talk and talk, but continually cancel and delay games, and when games actually do come they're incomplete and buggy like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay, or they offer nothing new like Halo 5 and Gears 4.

Sony stay quiet yet release great games like God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us, Uncharted, SotC, Horizon, Bloodborne and Astrobot consistently.

Now which one do you think consumers really care about?

If youre taking a straw poll, Microsoft, cos they make the games I want to play and offer great value for money with game pass.


Doesn't matter if they make the games that YOU want to play, what matters is that going by sales figures and reviews they're not making games that EVERYBODY wants to play, at least compared to the competition anyway.

About 40m people agree with you, but 86m people dont.

86 m havnt bought those games so it makes no sense, Sony will always sell more consoles and games because that's the way it is, Xbox could buy every rpg going and they still won't sell consoles in japan.


Both sold 84m last gen, so it hasn't always been that way. Microsoft had a great generation last time due to having a great console and great exclusives. There's a reason this has changed this generation.

User avatar
Ho-Ho-Ho-tek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Ho-Ho-Ho-tek » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

You're too far gone to even comprehend that I don't care.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by NickSCFC » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:46 am

Photek wrote:You're too far gone to even comprehend that I don't care.


Oh but you do, you really do. Everyone's seen how wound up you get on here.

Last edited by NickSCFC on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
jezhumphrey75
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by jezhumphrey75 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:46 am

Nick, if the two company's could swap line ups i still say Sony would sell more it's obvious, this is why they don't need to do e3 or much at all.

User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Harry Ellis » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:57 am

Gutless wankers. [/Gandalf]

Last edited by Harry Ellis on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by OrangeReindeer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:57 am

These things all contribute to how well a console does:

1) Games
2) Friends
3) Price point
4) Brand perception
5) Critical reception

You have to factor all of them in when assessing why one console does better than another. Things like E3 performance might only be seen directly by enthusiasts and the industry, but that directly affects 5, influences 4, and enthusiasts make up a larger percentage of the early adopters which changes 2.

With PS4 and xbone I think exclusive games have been a major differentiator, but the perception and early adoption from launch has had an affect in Sony's favour too.

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Rax » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:00 pm

NickSCFC wrote:
Rax wrote:86m people saw the Xbox reveal and said strawberry float kinect and always online bullshit, Im getting a PS4. That reveal sunk the Xbox One, doesnt matter that they have rolled all that back, the damage was done.


The vast majority of consumers are oblivious to things like E3 and conferences so wouldn't even be aware of that announcement.

No theyre not, E3 is the one time of the year regular press report on videogame news in any depth. Also the Xbox reveal was its own event and the DRM was big news, everyone was turned off by it and everyone was telling their less informed friends not to go with Xbox this time around. If you honestly think the Xbox reveal wasnt a massive reason this generation went the way it did then you are deluded.

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by NickSCFC » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:04 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:These things all contribute to how well a console does:

1) Games
2) Friends
3) Price point
4) Brand perception
5) Critical reception

You have to factor all of them in when assessing why one console does better than another. Things like E3 performance might only be seen directly by enthusiasts and the industry, but that directly affects 5, influences 4, and enthusiasts make up a larger percentage of the early adopters which changes 2.

With PS4 and xbone I think exclusive games have been a major differentiator, but the perception and early adoption from launch has had an affect in Sony's favour too.


Spot on pretty much, though Jez seems to be implying that Brand Perception in the ONLY reason behind PS4's success.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Mafro » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Photek wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
jezhumphrey75 wrote:Sony don't have to make much effort to sell there machines and games people will buy there stuff regardless wether they do shows or dont, look how much effort ms have changed the xbox and still they don't sell in Europe or japan, face it Sony only need to release trailers and they'll do well.


Yet, outside of Forza, they remain incapable of creating great games.

Microsoft and Phil Spencer talk and talk and talk, but continually cancel and delay games, and when games actually do come they're incomplete and buggy like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay, or they offer nothing new like Halo 5 and Gears 4.

Sony stay quiet yet release great games like God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us, Uncharted, SotC, Horizon, Bloodborne and Astrobot consistently.

Now which one do you think consumers really care about?

Incredible.


Go on then, what's your reason for PS4 selling at over twice the rate of Xbox One?

:lol: :fp:

I don't think Nick has taken this news too well :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Peter Crisp » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:21 pm

I'm not bothered by this news. I expect a Sony event at the end of next year to announce the PS5 so I'd rather developers have an extra few months of time hopefully knowing what the final hardware is so we don't have those strawberry floating rubbish "Target render" type video's which just tell you nothing.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:22 pm

I see the thread is going well.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation to skip E3 2019
by Preezy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Girls wish their man loved them like Nick loves Sony.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, Crimson, HSH28, Kanbei, Mafro, mic, PaperMacheMario, Peter Crisp, Red 5 stella, Ste, Trelliz, Wedgie, Yubel and 53 guests