Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:That strawberry floating chainsaw and the arm :lol:


:lol: I saw it, burst out laughing and soon after wondered if that was what your spoiler related to.

I was surprised by how early they introduced Odin's meat packing factory storyline, but there's no doubt it caused pacing issues in the comic and this could be better use of that element from the arc...
Last edited by Saint of Killers on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Ironhide » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Two episodes in and I love it already.

Can't believe the guy playing Cassidy was in Emerdale (of all things).
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Ironhide wrote:Two episodes in and I love it already.

Can't believe the guy playing Cassidy was in Emerdale (of all things).


:lol: Whaaa?! Wow. That's brilliant.
Didn't like him in first ep, but his face when he's propped up against the pew (after *that* scene) brought to mind Fabry's cover art for issue 3. :wub:
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:56 am

Ep 3:

Once again something at start of the show (but probably not super relevant to the ep itself :x) has me SUPER EXCITED.

:toot: :toot: :toot:

edit: People asking for OM: Just search rarbg and you'll find the ep.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:15 pm

Every week this has something that makes me howl with laughter (this week Fly and Squeal like a bunny).
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Ironhide » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:17 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Ep 3:
People asking for OM: Just search rarbg and you'll find the ep.


also try searching preachers01e03 mega reddit.
Image
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by satriales » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:04 pm

I'm really loving this show. Best new thing on TV since Fargo.

Rex Kramer wrote:Every week this has something that makes me howl with laughter (this week Fly and Squeal like a bunny).


For me it was the two guys who spent half the episode preparing to attack the preacher with a huge arsenal of weapons and armour, only to be run over by Jesse in his van as soon as they got there.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:07 pm

satriales wrote:I'm really loving this show. Best new thing on TV since Fargo.

Rex Kramer wrote:Every week this has something that makes me howl with laughter (this week Fly and Squeal like a bunny).


For me it was the two guys who spent half the episode preparing to attack the preacher with a huge arsenal of weapons and armour, only to be run over by Jesse in his van as soon as they got there.

Yep, that was strawberry floating hilarious (think it was Cassidy though).
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by satriales » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:12 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
satriales wrote:I'm really loving this show. Best new thing on TV since Fargo.

Rex Kramer wrote:Every week this has something that makes me howl with laughter (this week Fly and Squeal like a bunny).


For me it was the two guys who spent half the episode preparing to attack the preacher with a huge arsenal of weapons and armour, only to be run over by Jesse in his van as soon as they got there.

Yep, that was strawberry floating hilarious (think it was Cassidy though).


Oops, yeah that's who I meant :oops:
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:03 pm

:mrgreen: I should have carried on watching the opening to ep 3! Starr! :toot: :x

Ironhide wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Ep 3:
People asking for OM: Just search rarbg and you'll find the ep.


also try searching preachers01e03 mega reddit.


Bookmarked for future reference. Cheers.

What made me guffaw out loud: The mangeled corpses of the two tooled up guys Cass runs over :slol:
Did not expect that story arc to play out like it has! I wonder what BS Cass is going to feed Jesse about what the two "agents" want, because there's no way he's gonna talk him out of giving up his power... unless he plans on taking it for himself.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Weakest ep yet. By quite a margin, too.

Did not expect Quincannon to be used in that manner. Interesting.

Hopefully the story will move along at a fair clip next week.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by lex-man » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:10 am

Ironhide wrote:Two episodes in and I love it already.

Can't believe the guy playing Cassidy was in Emerdale (of all things).


He was in misfits and this is England wasn't he. He's a good actor.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:23 am

lex-man wrote:
Ironhide wrote:Two episodes in and I love it already.

Can't believe the guy playing Cassidy was in Emerdale (of all things).


He was in misfits and this is England wasn't he. He's a good actor.

Yeah, he was great in This is England. Cassidy is definitely the best thing in this, his face on the way to the hospital had me in stitches.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Brerlappin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:22 pm

Myself and the wife are of identical minds regarding this show, neither of us can tell wether we like it or not currently. Im drifting more towards the "meh" end of the spectrum myself. Reading alot of impressions from fans of the comic on Gaf too and seems like even theyre really down on the show
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Grumpy David » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm struggling to get into this because I find the pacing too slow. It's been years since I read all of Preacher and I font remembering most of it but I feel that the graphic novel pacing was better.
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by satriales » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm still enjoying it a lot.

The pacing is slower than the comics, but as it's not following them directly I don't mind that so much.
I think if it gets renewed then season 2 will be excellent, they have got a good base to work from now.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Every scene with Arse Face is pretty uncomfortable viewing for me. I keep thinking, "That poor guy, couldn't they have built him a proper gob, or at least given him a mask or something?"

Then he talks, and I cringe a bit.
Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by NBK » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:58 pm

They're maybe keeping it slow with the comic being a limited series (rather than a never ending source of material like Superman or something). Some *very* interesting things popping up already that I thought they might have left until later though.

I like it. It's fun. 8/10.
Image
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by NBK » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:59 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Watching first scene of ep 2. No one has said a thing. Yet here I am, giddy as strawberry float at what I am seeing. :toot: :nod:

They better not strawberry floating cancel this show!


Thought you'd like that :) Giddy as strawberry float is a pretty good way of describing it!
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:31 am

NBK wrote:They're maybe keeping it slow with the comic being a limited series (rather than a never ending source of material like Superman or something). Some *very* interesting things popping up already that I thought they might have left until later though.

I like it. It's fun. 8/10.


Good point that.

Still not seen ep 5. (Will get around to it now that I've calmed down a bit after eps 9 and 10 of GoT!)

NBK wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Watching first scene of ep 2. No one has said a thing. Yet here I am, giddy as strawberry float at what I am seeing. :toot: :nod:

They better not strawberry floating cancel this show!


Thought you'd like that :) Giddy as strawberry float is a pretty good way of describing it!


d(^-^)b
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Benzin, Bing [Bot], darksideby182, Garth, Glowy69, Heskimo, Jam-Master Jay, Kanbei, Memento Mori, OLIN, Peter Crisp, Photek, PuppetBoy, Rightey, Saint of Killers, That's not a growth, wensleydale, Wrathy, Yahoo [Bot] and 46 guests