Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rhubarb
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rhubarb » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:55 am

Currently watching this without having read the comic. I don't really know what to make of it, I've literally got strawberry float all idea what is going on (or what the various intro clips are about) but for some reason I find myself tuning back in every week! I'd label it as strangely watchable.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:07 am

Rhubarb wrote:Currently watching this without having read the comic. I don't really know what to make of it, I've literally got strawberry float all idea what is going on (or what the various intro clips are about) but for some reason I find myself tuning back in every week! I'd label it as strangely watchable.


If they stick close to the source, then they're early glimpses of very important, cool af/bat gooseberry fool crazy people. And they're not even done showing all them yet! *gets giddy*
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:08 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
NBK wrote:They're maybe keeping it slow with the comic being a limited series (rather than a never ending source of material like Superman or something). Some *very* interesting things popping up already that I thought they might have left until later though.

I like it. It's fun. 8/10.


Good point that.

Still not seen ep 5. (Will get around to it now that I've calmed down a bit after eps 9 and 10 of GoT!)

Given your previous comments, I'll be interested to know what you think of it.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Monkey Man » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:17 pm

Preacher renewed for 13 episode 2nd season - http://deadline.com/2016/06/preacher-re ... 201781308/
ImageImage
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:11 pm

:toot: ^Excellent news!

Rex Kramer wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
NBK wrote:They're maybe keeping it slow with the comic being a limited series (rather than a never ending source of material like Superman or something). Some *very* interesting things popping up already that I thought they might have left until later though.

I like it. It's fun. 8/10.


Good point that.

Still not seen ep 5. (Will get around to it now that I've calmed down a bit after eps 9 and 10 of GoT!)

Given your previous comments, I'll be interested to know what you think of it.


I didn't like the alteration to what delayed the Saint. I don't mind that they changed it, more that the change came off a bit too close to comedy bordering farce. The horse getting shot remained the same, but Saint turning back to help the family, only for them to turn out to be a family of scalpers and not in any danger? Harsh.

I was expecting Starr to be the guy Odin's bathroom at the end, but then he just goes off reservation again and *bam* Cannot get a handle on how that's going to end, but that's no bad thing.

Why have Tulip shag Cass but not enjoy it? Felt for her seeing her like that.

On the whole I found it more entertaining than ep 4.

What did you think?
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Saint of Killers wrote::toot: ^Excellent news!

Rex Kramer wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
NBK wrote:They're maybe keeping it slow with the comic being a limited series (rather than a never ending source of material like Superman or something). Some *very* interesting things popping up already that I thought they might have left until later though.

I like it. It's fun. 8/10.


Good point that.

Still not seen ep 5. (Will get around to it now that I've calmed down a bit after eps 9 and 10 of GoT!)

Given your previous comments, I'll be interested to know what you think of it.


I didn't like the alteration to what delayed the Saint. I don't mind that they changed it, more that the change came off a bit too close to comedy bordering farce. The horse getting shot remained the same, but Saint turning back to help the family, only for them to turn out to be a family of scalpers and not in any danger? Harsh.

I was expecting Starr to be the guy Odin's bathroom at the end, but then he just goes off reservation again and *bam* Cannot get a handle on how that's going to end, but that's no bad thing.

Why have Tulip shag Cass but not enjoy it? Felt for her seeing her like that.

On the whole I found it more entertaining than ep 4.

What did you think?

I was actually starting to get a bit bored by it, episode 4 and 5 weren't great. Just watching episode 6 now, that beginning is back on form.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Yeah, just started on ep 6 and the start is really good :lol: Cassidy :fp: :lol:
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Holy strawberry float what did he do?! :(

I love that anything can happen to characters. (In the sense they aren't tied to the the source material.) I wonder if that's the case for all of them, or just the ones who were on the fringes in the comic. But then who knows how small/big their roles will be in the series. strawberry floating hell.
Last edited by Saint of Killers on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by chalkitdown » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Is this worth watching then? Need a new Monday show now that Game of Thrones has ended.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Brerlappin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:13 pm

chalkitdown wrote:Is this worth watching then? Need a new Monday show now that Game of Thrones has ended.


As a non comic reader, so far I've found it really really boring. Absolutely nothing about it grabbed me. But that's just me
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by chalkitdown » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Might just start The Leftovers instead, then.
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by satriales » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:47 pm

What an episode! That opening scene :lol:

I can't believe that they did that to Arseface! I wasn't expecting that at all, but I think Preacher will bring him back somehow.

chalkitdown wrote:Might just start The Leftovers instead, then.


Nah, give it a shot. It's sort of like a cross between Fargo and Pulp Fiction. Just a really fun crazy show right from the start.

The Leftovers is excellent too, but that is much more of a slow burn, particularly in season 1.
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Ironhide » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:52 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
chalkitdown wrote:Is this worth watching then? Need a new Monday show now that Game of Thrones has ended.


As a non comic reader, so far I've found it really really boring. Absolutely nothing about it grabbed me. But that's just me


I felt the same at first but it picks up around episode 5, episode 6 was really good as stuff is actually happening now.

Eugene go to hell! :shock: :lol:
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:53 pm

satriales wrote:What an episode! That opening scene :lol:

I can't believe that they did that to Arseface! I wasn't expecting that at all, but I think Preacher will bring him back somehow.


I am still in shock at that gooseberry fool. I don't even like the character all that much, but he didn't deserve that. :(

Didn't like Fiore and DeBlanc at first, I now wish they stick around for second series.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:11 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
satriales wrote:What an episode! That opening scene :lol:

I can't believe that they did that to Arseface! I wasn't expecting that at all, but I think Preacher will bring him back somehow.


I am still in shock at that gooseberry fool. I don't even like the character all that much, but he didn't deserve that. :(

Didn't like Fiore and DeBlanc at first, I now wish they stick around for second series.

Yeah, I thought they were dreadful in the first few episodes but they've really grown on me in most recent one. Cassidy is still brilliant though. The one person I was really struggling with was Jesse, aside from the bunny bit early on, he was a bit dull. Not now though. :shock:
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:45 am

They should have lingered on his opening phase from the comics. This keeping a promise gooseberry fool as to why he's sticking around is *boring*.

Oh regarding Cass... I like how, at least for now, he's the victim of the love triangle.

Another plus for the ep, though probably only for me :lol: : they referred to his grandmother again. (Comparing tattoos scene.) I wonder how they're gonna go about covering that side of things...
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by satriales » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 pm

The grandmother stuff will be.. interesting :dread:
I expect that'll be a big part of season 2.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:39 pm

"Shimmery shank of shite". Cassidy :wub:
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Ep 7 pre-opening credits: :lol: :x Oh those teasing strawberry floaters! Anyone else think we were gonna see a quick glimpse of Hell?
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:07 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Ep 7 pre-opening credits: :lol: :x Oh those teasing strawberry floaters! Anyone else think we were gonna see a quick glimpse of Hell?

I thought that was brilliantly done. The trick is going to be how long they'll keep Eugene out of the story without it getting tedious.
PSN: Harmon_Smith

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, bigcheez2k3, Blue Eyes, darksideby182, Dowbocop, Errkal, Garth, Green Gecko, Grumpy David, Kanbei, Karl, Memento Mori, PuppetBoy, PurplePenguin, Rich, Starbreaker, Tafdolphin, Yahoo [Bot] and 56 guests