Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:31 pm

I wonder how they're gonna explain away the Word not working on Odin. Really hope they don't strawberry float that up. (By either limiting its power for the show, or by giving a fudged explanation.)

Oh and Cass's critique of the Coen brothers... do you think the writer was cognisant of the criticisms that would eventually be coming their way? :slol:
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:36 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Ep 7 pre-opening credits: :lol: :x Oh those teasing strawberry floaters! Anyone else think we were gonna see a quick glimpse of Hell?

I thought that was brilliantly done. The trick is going to be how long they'll keep Eugene out of the story without it getting tedious.


Oh I completely agree. :lol: :oops: I was just slightly peeved at the show managing to wrong foot my expectations *again* and in such a quick manner, too.
:( The scene just before the end with Jesse.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Memento Mori » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:26 pm

chalkitdown wrote:Might just start The Leftovers instead, then.

Yes you should.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:13 pm

I wonder which part of the story ep 8's pre-credit opening relates to...

Rex Kramer wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Ep 7 pre-opening credits: :lol: :x Oh those teasing strawberry floaters! Anyone else think we were gonna see a quick glimpse of Hell?

I thought that was brilliantly done. The trick is going to be how long they'll keep Eugene out of the story without it getting tedious.


:P Welp we didn't have to wait long for that.

My guess is his being brought back was God's doing after Jesse pleads with him and promises not to use the Word again.

Ep is on pause (Jesse getting drink from kitchen), no idea how this will play out, but my guess is Jesse breaks promise and Arseface is sent back there.

LEGIT EDIT: :slol: Nope.
Last edited by Saint of Killers on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Holy mother of god. "Food court, food court, food court", "Aw look at that little guy, just resting there", "The asians? Anyone know who the hell he's talking about" "Oh, here's your penis". Quality.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Rhubarb
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rhubarb » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:39 pm

What the hell was going on with Tulip this week :dread:
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Rhubarb wrote:What the hell was going on with Tulip this week :dread:

My guess was Cassidy in the room
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Rhubarb
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rhubarb » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
Rhubarb wrote:What the hell was going on with Tulip this week :dread:

My guess was Cassidy in the room


Yeah but surely there's a better way of helping him recover than feeding him rescue dogs :dread:

Any idea what the last scene was about?
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Rhubarb wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
Rhubarb wrote:What the hell was going on with Tulip this week :dread:

My guess was Cassidy in the room


Yeah but surely there's a better way of helping him recover than feeding him rescue dogs :dread:

Any idea what the last scene was about?

Not a strawberry floating clue, but I liked it.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Ah. Just realised who the people at the start were. :fp: (Watched it again and this time I actually heard what the guy taking the photo said.)
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:29 pm

Just started on ep 9. Only seen recap. Time to play How Wrong Can SoK Get It?!! Today's guess: The Saint finally gets round to giving the present day a visit.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:22 pm

If The Saint got condemned to Hell and has yet to take over Death's duties, then... he isn't a Saint of Killers, is he?
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Ironhide » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:01 pm

Glad things are actually beginning to happen now, I don't mind a slow build up to set the tone and flesh out characters but it was getting a bit tedious.

Was really surprised that Emily let Cassidy kill Miles like that, I'm guessing there's a reason why she did that though
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:50 am

Ironhide wrote:Glad things are actually beginning to happen now, I don't mind a slow build up to set the tone and flesh out characters but it was getting a bit tedious.

Was really surprised that Emily let Cassidy kill Miles like that, I'm guessing there's a reason why she did that though


She calls him soon after watching the scene below from Psycho, where Bates and Marion are talking about being trapped in life.



So she does it because, apparently, it was her way of not setting herself in a trap with Miles.

Harsh.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Ironhide » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Ironhide wrote:Glad things are actually beginning to happen now, I don't mind a slow build up to set the tone and flesh out characters but it was getting a bit tedious.

Was really surprised that Emily let Cassidy kill Miles like that, I'm guessing there's a reason why she did that though


She calls him soon after watching the scene below from Psycho, where Bates and Marion are talking about being trapped in life.



So she does it because, apparently, it was her way of not setting herself in a trap with Miles.

Harsh.


That wasn't very Christian of her.
Image
User avatar
Rhubarb
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rhubarb » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:02 am

Superb episode this week. Finally feel like my patience with the slow pace is being rewarded!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Saint of Killers » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:26 pm

So the series ends and leaves me both happy and sad. Happy because we've finally got Preacher on screen :toot: :toot: :toot: Sad because not only have they altered much, but I feel in the vast majority of cases they failed to equal or improve on the source material they did change. Worst of it being it means we won't get to see many of those scenes, some of which were my favourites, as they were in the comics.

Bring on series 2.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by NBK » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:10 am

Saint of Killers wrote:So the series ends and leaves me both happy and sad. Happy because we've finally got Preacher on screen :toot: :toot: :toot: Sad because not only have they altered much, but I feel in the vast majority of cases they failed to equal or improve on the source material they did change. Worst of it being it means we won't get to see many of those scenes, some of which were my favourites, as they were in the comics.

Bring on series 2.


I know exactly what you mean. Just finished the last episode and thought it was brilliant though. I'm happy treating it all as a new(ish) story with characters that I love...but who have maybe changed a wee bit since we last met.

As you say, bring on series 2 :datass:
Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Quote of the week

"Should we save a seat for Miles?"
"Miles isn't coming"
"He doesn't want to meet God?"
"He's meeting him somewhere else"


Stone cold.
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Preacher | AMC | Amazon Prime UK Exclusive :3
by Rex Kramer » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Finished the final one in the series and overall I really liked it. And that soundtrack in the last episode was stunning.
PSN: Harmon_Smith

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Benzin, Finish.Last, Frank, Garth, Glowy69, Godzilla, Grumpy David, Preezy, Ste, Yoshimi and 33 guests