Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Photek wrote:My first Goal. CL, Sadio Mane v Sevilla at Anfield, Kop End. :wub:

Great goal, Phote!

Poser wrote:gooseberry fool, gonna be hard to resist PSG with those stats. Shame everyone else will be using them.

I'd trust most other devs to nerf that, but Konami kinda play by their own rules.

i can see that nearly everyone will choose PSG once they realise :dread: .

Back to winning ways with a 4-2 victory for Lazio v Besiktas :toot: . Oh, and that bug is confirmed - only three goalscorers are displayed at the end of the match, even if a team scores more than that. There seem to be far more goals in than last year... I just can't imagine there being any 0-0 draws. In my four Online matches the scores have been 4-1, 1-0, 1-6 and 4-2. Lobbed goals, nerfed lst season, are back... I scored a lovely one against Besiktas :) .

That's playtime over for me today - I really enjoyed it!

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Winckle » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Some of the PES World option files are now available on PS4 (and PC using the guide I posted earlier)

As of writing there's:
Premier League
Ligue 1
Ligue 2
La Liga
Eredivisie

https://www.pesworld.co.uk/ps4-downloads

Fill your boots!

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by NickSCFC » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Winckle wrote:Some of the PES World option files are now available on PS4 (and PC using the guide I posted earlier)

As of writing there's:
Premier League
Ligue 1
Ligue 2
La Liga
Eredivisie

https://www.pesworld.co.uk/ps4-downloads

Fill your boots!


Excellent, can this be added to the OP and thread title? People really need to know about it.

Image Image
User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Winckle » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm sure Jawa will once he's back from crushing noobs in online divisions.

User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by shadow202 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Is there any easy way of editing kits etc on Xbox?

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Winckle » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:27 pm

shadow202 wrote:Is there any easy way of editing kits etc on Xbox?

Unfortunately, no. Microsoft don't allow the loading of custom files via USB.

User avatar
Aha
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Aha » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:03 pm

So is this any good? Haven't enjoyed pes since the one with Adriano and Terry on the cover. I think that was PES 6?

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Winckle » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Aha wrote:So is this any good? Haven't enjoyed pes since the one with Adriano and Terry on the cover. I think that was PES 6?

I'm really enjoying it, but I'm a casual. Hopefully some of the more hardcore players can fill you in.

Also PES World has competition logos live on the PS4 downloads page.

:datass:

Image

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:50 am

Yeah, it's great.

As it has been for the past five years :datass: .

Yours tika-takingly
jawa
(#PESfan)

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 pm

I’m getting into Online Divisions... man, there are some ups and downs!

Played 11, Won 4, Drawn 1 and Lost 6. One game I feel that I’m getting used to the new style and the next my players seem so slow. The top players such as Neymar seem to have greater abilities at getting past players than ever before and they can be hard to stop.

It’s still good fun but I’m gonna have to put some work in to adapt to the updated gameplay.

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by HSH28 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:04 pm

Personally I still think the game looks absolutely terrible when you are playing it.

Also not sure about the AI, not sure if they've done any patches yet but in a couple of the games I was playing against the AI over the weekend I got to the point where it was stupidly easy to break through and score. Can't put my finger on exactly what was wrong, but something seemed off.

Despite those two things though, it has been fun to play.

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Winckle » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:05 am

Championship OF now available for PS4/PC on PES World.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:14 am

Winckle wrote:Championship OF now available for PS4/PC on PES World.

I want to use an Option File for my PS4 version but it all seems rather convoluted. The PES Universe site always seems to be broken and the PES World site doesn’t have any step-by-step guidance.

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Winckle » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 am

jawafour wrote:
Winckle wrote:Championship OF now available for PS4/PC on PES World.

I want to use an Option File for my PS4 version but it all seems rather convoluted. The PES Universe site always seems to be broken and the PES World site doesn’t have any step-by-step guidance.

I'll happily write something up if it's anything like doing it on PC.

There is a bug right now where you have to import stadia images first (or leave them out) or the import process will bug. PES World have informed Konami but who knows if it will be fixed.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 am

Winckle wrote:I'll happily write something up if it's anything like doing it on PC.

There is a bug right now where you have to import stadia images first (or leave them out) or the import process will bug. PES World have informed Konami but who knows if it will be fixed.

Thanks, Winckle - I will give it a go this afternoon, using PES World data. I’ll be using a Mac to get the data and I have downloaded a RAR converter file so that I can (hopefully) access the data for loading into my PS4.

I feel like I’m gonna be entering the matrix :datass: .

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Winckle » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:32 am

jawafour wrote:
Winckle wrote:I'll happily write something up if it's anything like doing it on PC.

There is a bug right now where you have to import stadia images first (or leave them out) or the import process will bug. PES World have informed Konami but who knows if it will be fixed.

Thanks, Winckle - I will give it a go this afternoon, using PES World data. I’ll be using a Mac to get the data and I have downloaded a RAR converter file so that I can (hopefully) access the data for loading into my PS4.

I feel like I’m gonna be entering the matrix :datass: .

On my mac I used a program called https://theunarchiver.com/ which these days is available via the mac app store.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Preezy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Have you looked on youtube, Jawa? Normally always a guide on there for doing it.

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by BID0 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Hopefully jawa doesn't leave any lines of code open and accidentally hack the entire world wide web.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Preezy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:19 pm

Played the demo of this and FIFA earlier in the week and it wasn't immediately obvious which one I preferred. I doubt I'll buy either until there's a price drop but I was fully expecting to prefer PES a lot more but it seems FIFA is starting to ape PES in many respects.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:58 pm

> Premier League fully updated
> La Liga fully updated

Not gonna lie, I feel like Neo right now. Gonna hack some other leagues this evening 8-) .


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andretmzt, bear, Gemini73, GlassjAw, Google [Bot], Hound, ignition, Jenuall, Miguel007, Monkey Man, Peter Crisp, Somebody Else's Problem, The Watching Artist, Tineash, Yoshimi, zXe and 46 guests