Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by sawyerpip » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Poser wrote:
jawafour wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:I'm free the evenings of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week if any of those are good for everyone?..

I’m free on Weds night if you guys are up for a game. It’s gonna be great to try it out!


Ok, hook me up. What sort of time? I struggle before 8pm but should be good after that.

Excited :toot:


Shall we say half 8 on Wednesday?

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Poser wrote:
jawafour wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:I'm free the evenings of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week if any of those are good for everyone?..

I’m free on Weds night if you guys are up for a game. It’s gonna be great to try it out!


Ok, hook me up. What sort of time? I struggle before 8pm but should be good after that.

Excited :toot:

Yeah, that sounds good - I'd be up for games during the 20:00 to 22:30 window on Wednesday :toot: .

I have no idea how the co-op mode works; do we play as a fixed player or can we switch around the players?

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Poser » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:40 pm

jawafour wrote:
Poser wrote:
jawafour wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:I'm free the evenings of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week if any of those are good for everyone?..

I’m free on Weds night if you guys are up for a game. It’s gonna be great to try it out!


Ok, hook me up. What sort of time? I struggle before 8pm but should be good after that.

Excited :toot:

Yeah, that sounds good - I'd be up for games during the 20:00 to 22:30 window on Wednesday :toot: .

I have no idea how the co-op mode works; do we play as a fixed player or can we switch around the players?


I'm pretty sure you switch.

I tend to struggle as I press L1 a LOT during games when on my own. When the computer is assigning two other players' roles, though, you don't always end up controlling the player you anticipate :lol:

Image
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by sawyerpip » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Yes you switch between the players, and you never pass to yourself so it can get quite confusing sometimes! It's good fun though making runs off the ball, and it's great when you spot a teammates run and play the ball in for them to score.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:48 am

Man, the online co-operative mode is such great fun! Played for a couple of hours with sawyerpip and Poser last night and it was a blast. The play takes a little while to get used to as, although the player-switching is done quite well, it feels so different to single player mode.

I found myself feeling great when I managed to play a decent through-ball to one of the guys and, equally, pretty bad when I fluffed a shooting opportunity :lol: . The “in a team” feeling brings so much responsibility to the play... it’s amazing! Playing in this way also requires you to adjust your runs (stay onside!) and be ready to jockey opponents whilst you wait for back-up.

Thanks for the matches, guys - it was ace and I’d be up for more of that :toot: .

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Poser » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 am

sawyerpip wrote:.


jawafour wrote:Man, the online co-operative mode is such great fun! Played for a couple of hours with sawyerpip and Poser last night and it was a blast. The play takes a little while to get used to as, although the player-switching is done quite well, it feels so different to single player mode.

I found myself feeling great when I managed to play a decent through-ball to one of the guys and, equally, pretty bad when I fluffed a shooting opportunity :lol: . The “in a team” feeling brings so much responsibility to the play... it’s amazing! Playing in this way also requires you to adjust your runs (stay onside!) and be ready to jockey opponents whilst you wait for back-up.

Thanks for the matches, guys - it was ace and I’d be up for more of that :toot: .


That was genuinely the most fun I've had gaming for quite a long time. :wub:

As you said, the player switching and positioning is the hardest thing. Not screaming forward to tackle someone with a centre half just because that's the guy you happen to be in control of :oops:

100% up for playing that again.

Image
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by sawyerpip » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:53 am

Poser wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:.


jawafour wrote:Man, the online co-operative mode is such great fun! Played for a couple of hours with sawyerpip and Poser last night and it was a blast. The play takes a little while to get used to as, although the player-switching is done quite well, it feels so different to single player mode.

I found myself feeling great when I managed to play a decent through-ball to one of the guys and, equally, pretty bad when I fluffed a shooting opportunity :lol: . The “in a team” feeling brings so much responsibility to the play... it’s amazing! Playing in this way also requires you to adjust your runs (stay onside!) and be ready to jockey opponents whilst you wait for back-up.

Thanks for the matches, guys - it was ace and I’d be up for more of that :toot: .


That was genuinely the most fun I've had gaming for quite a long time. :wub:

As you said, the player switching and positioning is the hardest thing. Not screaming forward to tackle someone with a centre half just because that's the guy you happen to be in control of :oops:

100% up for playing that again.


Like you both said that was a lot of fun. It makes you appreciate certain aspects of the game more like defensive positioning, as if your teammates are pressuring the player you need to try and get in space for an interception. Playing as part of a team just makes sense too, it is football after all, and it just adds that little something extra to the game.

We should definitely try and make it a regular thing, maybe once a week or something.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Yeah, I like the idea of a regular PES co-op gaming session. Is Wednesday night best for you guys? Would a starting time of 20:30 allow you to get the “kid bedtime” stuff outta the way first?

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Poser » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Yeah, 8.30 is good for me. Kid is usually asleep by 7.30, gives me time for a quick meal then on with the games. :D

Image
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by sawyerpip » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Wednesday evening will normally be good for me too.

User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by sawyerpip » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Got a bit frustrated playing against better teams all the time online so played as PSG for a game, they really are ridiculous. There's some weird things going on with the points too, somehow they get 400 for a win! In comparison Arsenal only get 357 (which is actually lower than Man City and only 2 above Man Utd).

I'm finding the defending a lot more difficult in this version, often players are able to just run straight past me and I completely miss the tackle.

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Poser » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 pm

I just beat PSG 2-1 in division 11... Controlling West Ham!

I didn't realise they were picking up so many points though. That's ridiculous.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:09 pm

sawyerpip wrote:...
Poser wrote:...

Guys, if you're about tonight then we could play some more PES co-op if you want to?

I'm gonna be playing PES from about 20:00 so give me a shout. If I don't reply immediately it'll be 'cos I'm in the midst of an online match! I got promoted to Online Division 7 using Lazio and I've decided to use Guangzhou Evergrande for this whole season. Yeah, it's not going well :lol: .

PS It's not an exclusive invite... anyone is welcome to join in :) .

EDIT: Only just realised that the motto on Guangzhou Evergrande's crest states "Be the best forever". Brilliant :lol: .

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:27 pm

...only just seen your message in PSN, Poser - no worries - another time, dude!

User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by sawyerpip » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:43 pm

jawafour wrote:...only just seen your message in PSN, Poser - no worries - another time, dude!


I'm having a quick game or two now, and then I may be back online later once I've had food. If so I'll send you a message for a match or a co-op game.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 pm

sawyerpip wrote:I'm having a quick game or two now, and then I may be back online later once I've had food. If so I'll send you a message for a match or a co-op game.

Sure thing, sawyer. I've just played a couple more matches as Evergrande... 2-1 v Barca (epic!) and 0-1 v Man Utd (they sneaked an 89th minute winner - gutted!).

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:34 pm

I decided to give Saint Etienne a try in Online Divisions for a season. Managed to stay up in Division 7 :toot: .

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Hime » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:31 am

Clicked on this thread but mistake andI can't believe that as a massive Pro Evo fan you've never played coop before Jawa! It's the best way to play.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by jawafour » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:04 am

Hime wrote:Clicked on this thread but mistake andI can't believe that as a massive Pro Evo fan you've never played coop before Jawa! It's the best way to play.

Yeah, I played it for the first time with SawyerPip and Poser - it was superb fun although it does take some getting used to in terms of what player you’re controlling and staying onside :) .

For the past few years I have pretty much exclusively played the Online Divisions part of PES. I find it *so* addictive!

User avatar
Diceman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pro Evolution Soccer PES 2018 | The beautiful game
by Diceman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 pm

I’ve been playing co-op FIFA for the past six or seven years. Every Thursday with my mate coming over my house. It’s tremendous.
Bit gutted still as I can’t seem to be able to find a meaningful competition in this that allows purely 2 vs 2 online. We’ve played against the CPU but it wants to match us up with a third random player if we try to play MyClub co-op.
A shame as we loved Ultimate Team co-op, progressing up the league and discussing who to buy and how we can improve the team.
If i’m missing something in this, please point it out to me.


Return to “Games”