Proof that democracy does not work

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Tomous » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Poser wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote: Also, the Peep Show (my number 1) at 11


The Peepshow? :dread:


:lol: I chopped and changed that post a fair bit.



You then missed off The from The Inbetweeners.

Sort your gooseberry fool out Poser.

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Poser » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote: Also, the Peep Show (my number 1) at 11


The Peepshow? :dread:


:lol: I chopped and changed that post a fair bit.



You then missed off The from The Inbetweeners.

Sort your gooseberry fool out Poser.


:oops: I think... ah, strawberry float it.



THE LIST IS SHITE.

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Hexx » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Karl refused to rename the thread title to ""Proof Public Votes Don't Match Moggy's Opinion""

He's such a wipe gap.

User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Yulehide » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:15 pm

Peep Show is by far the best thing on that list.

The only other show on that list I'll watch as a guilty pleasure is Benidorm, its hardly the most intelligent comedy ever written but it has a certain rough working class charm akin to Rabb C Nesbitt or Bottom.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Hexx wrote:Karl refused to rename the thread title to ""Proof Public Votes Don't Match Moggy's Opinion""

He's such a wipe gap.


CONFIRMED Hexx is a Mrs Brown's Boys fan. :dread:

Image
User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Mafrozen » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 pm

I used to love Peep Show then just suddenly started to hate it for some odd reason, no idea why. I've had the misfortune of seeing Mrs Brown's Boys once and it was dreadful. The only people I ever hear talk about it are the banshees in the canteen at work in their 40s.

My favourite on that list is definitely the IT Crowd. The episode where they go to the theatre when Roy pretends he's disabled after being caught in the disabled toilet and Moss just appears as the barman is amazing and probably has one of my favourite moments of comedy timing ever.


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lastpostamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Lastpostamorph » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:25 pm

I think one of my favourite payoffs from that was the police pulling aside the guy who matched Roy's completely random description :lol:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Photek » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:26 pm

chalkitdown wrote:I would like to apologise on behalf of all Irish people for inflicting this gooseberry fool upon the rest of the world.

This.

We're proud of Father Ted, Moone Boy and the IT Crowd but Mrs' Browns boys is awful, thank yourselves lucky you only had it for the past few years, we've had adverts for DVD'S and Theatre venues about it for decades. :dread:

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Rex Kramer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:46 pm

How can a group of people who praise things like the IT crowd, Black Books, Green Wing, The Inbetweeners etc also vote Mrs Brown's Boys at no. 1 and put Car Share so far above Phoenix Nights? Car Share is continuing proof that Peter Kaye has only ever bottled lightening once (see Max and Paddy, Geraldine whatsherface)

Last edited by Rex Kramer on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Current castaway: Rax can be found here. All the previous contributors can be found here.
Tackling the pile of shame part 2 - http://grview.grcade.co.uk/articles/the-7-commandments-of-tackling-the-pile-of-shame/
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Tomous » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Looks like people voted from a shortlist picked by critics:

The shortlist, which audiences were given to choose from, was compiled by Radio Times critics and members of the British Film Institute.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Hexx » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:19 pm

Moggy wrote:
Hexx wrote:Karl refused to rename the thread title to ""Proof Public Votes Don't Match Moggy's Opinion""

He's such a wipe gap.


CONFIRMED Hexx is a Mrs Brown's Boys fan. :dread:


Mr parents like it.

I've never seen it cus I'm worried it might be genetic.

User avatar
IAmTheSantaMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by IAmTheSantaMan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Mafro wrote:I used to love Peep Show then just suddenly started to hate it for some odd reason, no idea why. I've had the misfortune of seeing Mrs Brown's Boys once and it was dreadful. The only people I ever hear talk about it are the banshees in the canteen at work in their 40s.

My favourite on that list is definitely the IT Crowd. The episode where they go to the theatre when Roy pretends he's disabled after being caught in the disabled toilet and Moss just appears as the barman is amazing and probably has one of my favourite moments of comedy timing ever.



Every time I hear people mention being disabled I automatically think of that episode and Roy proclaiming "I'm disabled" :D

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:52 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Mafro wrote:I used to love Peep Show then just suddenly started to hate it for some odd reason, no idea why. I've had the misfortune of seeing Mrs Brown's Boys once and it was dreadful. The only people I ever hear talk about it are the banshees in the canteen at work in their 40s.

My favourite on that list is definitely the IT Crowd. The episode where they go to the theatre when Roy pretends he's disabled after being caught in the disabled toilet and Moss just appears as the barman is amazing and probably has one of my favourite moments of comedy timing ever.



Every time I hear people mention being disabled I automatically think of that episode and Roy proclaiming "I'm disabled" :D


Same. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Preezy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:36 pm

That list is worse than the FHM Top 100. What a sorry state of affairs.

Image
User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Yulehide » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Never really got round to watching much of the IT Crowd for some reason but might have to do so now.

Image
User avatar
Lastpostamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Lastpostamorph » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Ironhide wrote:Never really got round to watching much of the IT Crowd for some reason but might have to do so now.

I believe 4 On Demand has all 4 series plus the one off special available.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Tomous » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Ironhide wrote:Never really got round to watching much of the IT Crowd for some reason but might have to do so now.



Do it. You need it in your life.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Photek » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:07 pm

Tomous wrote:
Ironhide wrote:Never really got round to watching much of the IT Crowd for some reason but might have to do so now.



Do it. You need it in your life.

It really is hilarious.

Image
User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Mafrozen » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:10 pm

It's just too good.


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lastpostamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Proof that democracy does not work
by Lastpostamorph » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:13 pm


Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”