Terrorist incident outside Parliament

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am

Mini E wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:Made the mistake of looking at the BBC News homepage today

"[Video] Woman filmed falling off bridge"

Sensitive and tactful as always. Hey you know that tragic attack that happened yesterday? Why not watch a video of one of the victims as it happened! Won't that be entertaining.

It's not news, it's not informative, it's just morbid curiosity and rubber necking. People should be above seeking out content like that and the media should be above promoting it for clicks.


Can't believe BBC posted that video. First time I've seen anything like that from them.


Not sure what's happened to the BBC in the past 12 months but the website has completely fallen to bits. It's full of click-bait and scare stories now alongside the occasional link such as the above which really should not be there. It's vile. BBC has traditionally been my main source of news but have started migrating to others recently.


Yeah I noticed this with the sports section first. It was always just factual and opinion articles but is often now full of rumours and speculation.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:59 am

Mini E wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:Made the mistake of looking at the BBC News homepage today

"[Video] Woman filmed falling off bridge"

Sensitive and tactful as always. Hey you know that tragic attack that happened yesterday? Why not watch a video of one of the victims as it happened! Won't that be entertaining.

It's not news, it's not informative, it's just morbid curiosity and rubber necking. People should be above seeking out content like that and the media should be above promoting it for clicks.


Can't believe BBC posted that video. First time I've seen anything like that from them.


Not sure what's happened to the BBC in the past 12 months but the website has completely fallen to bits. It's full of click-bait and scare stories now alongside the occasional link such as the above which really should not be there. It's vile. BBC has traditionally been my main source of news but have started migrating to others recently.


It's all the video centric gooseberry fool that's pissing me off. The click-bait stuff I can spot easily and avoid, so while I wish it wasn't there, I don't really mind it, but posting this video is on a whole other level behaviour I didn't expect from the BBC. I understand why they're doing it (to compete), but they are *really* slumming it. So sad to see.
Last edited by Saint of Killers on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Mini E » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:00 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Mini E wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:Made the mistake of looking at the BBC News homepage today

"[Video] Woman filmed falling off bridge"

Sensitive and tactful as always. Hey you know that tragic attack that happened yesterday? Why not watch a video of one of the victims as it happened! Won't that be entertaining.

It's not news, it's not informative, it's just morbid curiosity and rubber necking. People should be above seeking out content like that and the media should be above promoting it for clicks.


Can't believe BBC posted that video. First time I've seen anything like that from them.


Not sure what's happened to the BBC in the past 12 months but the website has completely fallen to bits. It's full of click-bait and scare stories now alongside the occasional link such as the above which really should not be there. It's vile. BBC has traditionally been my main source of news but have started migrating to others recently.


Yeah I noticed this with the sports section first. It was always just factual and opinion articles but is often now full of rumours and speculation.


The news headlines now are just so frequently "Have you heard of the rare and undetectable heart condition that kills 50 people every week?" etc. They've clearly brought in an editor with no knowledge of how scientific research works and pulls one sentence of one poorly powered study and writes a entire scare-story on it to intimidate uneducated readers. I hate it.
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Mini E » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:01 am

Also:

Have put this in a spoiler box as contains an image containing someone on the floor being attended to yesterday.

Image


What is wrong with people on Facebook?
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Rocsteady » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:33 am

There are loads of different takes of that photo doing the rounds on Facebook sadly.
Image
User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by TigaSefi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 am

Avoiding all news related output for the moment as it just stupid. Gary Lineker and Piers Morgan have just been retweeting a fake TFL underground notice board :x
Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by captain red dog » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 am

Yes I have seen that picture and my first thought was that it's been horribly taken out of context and that lady was most likely on the phone to the emergency services.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:36 am

Now imagine how the text would read if the person with hands in pockets, and the other blowing her nose were also brown :lol:
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 am

captain red dog wrote:Yes I have seen that picture and my first thought was that it's been horribly taken out of context and that lady was most likely on the phone to the emergency services.


I think she's noticed and for whatever reason didn't want any part of it. To imply that that's the case because she's Muslim is typical of the type of people who have made these images.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by captain red dog » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:49 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Yes I have seen that picture and my first thought was that it's been horribly taken out of context and that lady was most likely on the phone to the emergency services.


I think she's noticed and for whatever reason didn't want any part of it. To imply that that's the case because she's Muslim is typical of the type of people who have made these images.

Yep agree there, I don't think it's worth analysing the actions of anyone caught up in this incident yesterday as it would have been a massive shock to all involved. That particular lady did nothing wrong and we wouldn't criticise those that ran either.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Moggy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:52 am

Nothing about that picture proves the woman is just walking by not caring. Even if she was, that doesn’t suddenly change her nationality.

The far right fuckwits that share that sort of bollocks are just helping the terrorists cause. They want to create division and the dumb banana splits on Facebook help them out every single time.
User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by TigaSefi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:17 am

Jeremy Corbyn hasn't once used teh word terrorism. Limp wristed strawberry floatin' banana split.

EDIT: Katie Hopkins also needs to strawberry float off and die too.
Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
Gandalf
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Gandalf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:23 am

So, the terrorist was known and investigated by MI5 over extremist fears. :fp:
User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by TigaSefi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 am

Gandalf wrote:So, the terrorist was known and investigated by MI5 over extremist fears. :fp:


You want everyone banged up though in case it may happen?
Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Moggy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:30 am

TigaSefi wrote:
Gandalf wrote:So, the terrorist was known and investigated by MI5 over extremist fears. :fp:


You want everyone banged up though in case it may happen?


Exactly. Until somebody commits a crime or there is some hard evidence of planning an attack, what are the police/MI5 supposed to do?

What's scary is previously the police could raid a suspect and arrest them if they found bomb making equipment etc. Now what can they do? Arrest somebody for having car keys?
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:35 am

The only way they can do anything is if the government increases intelligence services and police budgets (my thinking being they'd then be able to keep more people of interest under surveillance), but even that isn't a guaranteed way of stopping known people from doing this kind of gooseberry fool.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Lotus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:35 am

Just on the reporting side of this, I know if I was a victim of anything like this, injured or otherwise, I wouldn't want my photo circulated around the internet, or videos of me being injured or killed doing the rounds on the media outlets. Not sure why this is deemed acceptable, or even of interest. The Met sent out a tweet telling people to use common sense and not circulate videos or pictures of people being injured, getting treatment, etc, but people still do it anyway. Sky still seem to be the worst for unprofessionalism and embarrassing journalism, but sadly the BBC have definitely gone down the clickbait/twitter post/sensationalist/rumour route in the last couple of years. Sad to see.
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Preezy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:41 am

Which channel had the reporter that was going through the belongings of victims of that aeroplane that got shot down in the Ukraine? That was a line in the sand for me, hard to have much respect for modern news outlets after that.
Image
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Memento Mori » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:43 am

Preezy wrote:Which channel had the reporter that was going through the belongings of victims of that aeroplane that got shot down in the Ukraine? That was a line in the sand for me, hard to have much respect for modern news outlets after that.

Sky News I believe.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Terrorist incident outside Parliament
by Preezy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 am

Quelle surprise.
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bunni, Cuttooth, Denster, DrPepperMan, Garth, Google [Bot], Jam-Master Jay, Jenuall, Joer, Lotus, Memento Mori, Return_of_the_STAR, Shug5891, Wrathy, Yahoo [Bot] and 50 guests