NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Mafro » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Green Gecko wrote:I think Mythbusters prooved that fecal matter ends up on everything, somehow, whatever you do - including your toothbrush. So really it doesn't matter, it's all the same gooseberry fool, hydrogen and carbon. Just wash your wash things thoroughly. If you're washing your face with a shitty cloth I imagine that would be pretty obvious. Also who's to say your beautiful anus isn't offended by being washed with all the grease, oils, saliva and mucus from your disgusting face.

I remember watching How Clean Is Your House and one guy had tons of fecal bacteria in his armpits.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Lagamorph » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Venom wrote:The reasons for people being banned on ResetEra are so absurd and don't allow any room for free speech but also funny!

User banned (2 days): trolling in a serious thread by equating vegetarianism with mental illness.

I got a warning for sexism because I called the Queen a banana split.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Venom » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Lagamorph wrote:I got a warning for sexism because I called the Queen a banana split.


Crazy! If there had to be a warning I would have thought for aggressive language. So are they going to warn people who use the word dick? I miss NeoGaf - and I didn't even really like it!

Edit:
Let me just add I did like it when there was a big breaking story, or E3 time.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Lagamorph » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Venom wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:I got a warning for sexism because I called the Queen a banana split.


Crazy! If there had to be a warning I would have thought for aggressive language. So are they going to warn people who use the word dick? I miss NeoGaf - and I didn't even really like it!

Edit:
Let me just add I did like it when there was a big breaking story, or E3 time.

The best part was that there were multiple people complaining about the warning and another mod removed it shortly after :lol:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Karl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:15 am

'banana split' has different connotations in the States. Many of them (particularly in liberal demographics) view it as a gendered slur, kind of like the woman version of the n-word. They reverted Laga's warning when they realised he was British and using it in a British way.

It's not that ridiculous in context.

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Green Gecko » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 am

Yeah I can understand it can understand rapey and hateful like whore etc plus they love the royals more than we do. And tbh it wasn't long before now most women felt the same about the word here in my view, maybe that was just as child around middle class prudes. Now it pretty much means "deplorable git".

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Lagamorph » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:35 am

And yet if someone calls Donald Trump a banana split they can't agree enough.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:37 am

STAY SAFE

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by KK » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:47 am

11 pages on Chick Fil A (a fast food outlet): https://www.resetera.com/threads/chick- ... 020.33830/

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Moggy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:57 am

Karl wrote:'banana split' has different connotations in the States. Many of them (particularly in liberal demographics) view it as a gendered slur, kind of like the woman version of the n-word. They reverted Laga's warning when they realised he was British and using it in a British way.

It's not that ridiculous in context.


Maybe in the past, but they are using banana split a lot more nowadays, probably thanks to picking it up online from the Brits. In fact a lot of British swear words seem to be catching on over there, it’s weird to hear an American call somebody a wanker but it’s happening more and more.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by KK » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 am

I saw an American use "Mum" the other day (their Mother's Day is coming up).

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Errkal » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:08 am

Moggy wrote:
Karl wrote:'banana split' has different connotations in the States. Many of them (particularly in liberal demographics) view it as a gendered slur, kind of like the woman version of the n-word. They reverted Laga's warning when they realised he was British and using it in a British way.

It's not that ridiculous in context.


Maybe in the past, but they are using banana split a lot more nowadays, probably thanks to picking it up online from the Brits. In fact a lot of British swear words seem to be catching on over there, it’s weird to hear an American call somebody a wanker but it’s happening more and more.


A lot of our language in general is, I saw a thing a while ago with someone bitching about the "Anglification" or something like that of the American language.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Preezy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:09 am

Slowly reclaiming our colonies for the glory of the Empire :toot:

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Lagamorph » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:28 am

The way Americans pronounce Twat really annoys me. They tend to say "Twhat"
If they're going to steal our insults at least pronounce them right.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by KK » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:21 am

'It's twot, because that's how you say SWAT' was one of the arguments I was told a number of years ago.

Image
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by <]:^D » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:57 pm

:lol:

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:10 pm

It rhymes with one

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Green Gecko » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm

That just sounds like a really bad attempt at an English accent, as I've heard the idea several times that for some reason an English accent sounds classy - on Hell's Kitchen Ramsay's kid gets told she sounds "educated" because she has an English accent. Of course she strawberry floating does, she's the daughter of an English multimillionaire, that doesn't make her a genius.

British people generally are better educated though.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Preezy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Green Gecko wrote:British people generally are better educated though.

*more betterer

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by KK » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:00 pm

Microsoft buy advertising rights to some 3rd party games. 39 pages.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor- ... ate.34034/

:fp:

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, Blue Eyes, Bunni, Errkal, Miguel007, more heat than light, Photek, pjbetman, poshrule_uk, Preezy, Qikz, Tsunade and 70 guests