NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Garth of Christmas Future » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Mafro wrote:What did you change the OP to?

Just removed all the content and left a couple of messages to say the 40K community had moved to resetera, and invited anyone reading to join.

User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Sleighamorph » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
Errkal wrote:That's a bloody stupid rule to have, what's wrong with saying you would want it on a certain platform.

And so begins resetera becoming a place of retarded warnings and bans.


Honestly it did get irritating as strawberry float when a thread would just be flooded with "Switch version when?"

For 3DS games it was a necessity really. Since it was confirmed exactly what the Switch was going to be literally every thread about a new game announcement for 3DS was filled with posts like "Should've been on Switch", "Would've bought this if it was on Switch" and "Nintendo should ban new games being released on 3DS"

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
*<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by *<]:^D » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:21 pm

its a shame that people are so retarded

User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Sleighamorph » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:59 pm

With the place being run by ex-Neogaf mods it was always going to be moderated in exactly the same way as Neogaf.

I just saw a thread about the Switch version of Doom having a system level friend invite system after EA said there was no such thing and that was why they didn't include it in the switch version of Fifa 18, and someone got a warning for calling out EA as being too lazy to make use of the feature due to using the "old lazy-dev rhetoric". Thing is the thread proves that EA were exactly that in this case, lazy. There was a feature available within the console, they just didn't bother to use it for no explainable reason. What else is that other than lazy?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
All I want for xmas is the box
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: New York

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by All I want for xmas is the box » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:20 pm

So much for ‘reset’era then

User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Garth of Christmas Future » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:00 pm

None of the GAF mods made it over to Reset Era as mods, saw some around as regular members though.

Edit: the 'lazy devs' thing and port begging issue were both already in Resetera's rules too:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/faq.315/

User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Garth wrote:None of the GAF mods made it over to Reset Era as mods, saw some around as regular members though.

The mods might not but if you have been in a place run in a certain way for yonks and you quickly move you are going to a load of the same values and methods with you as that's what you know as normal.

User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Garth of Christmas Future » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Lagamorph wrote:I just saw a thread about the Switch version of Doom having a system level friend invite system after EA said there was no such thing and that was why they didn't include it in the switch version of Fifa 18, and someone got a warning for calling out EA as being too lazy to make use of the feature due to using the "old lazy-dev rhetoric". Thing is the thread proves that EA were exactly that in this case, lazy. There was a feature available within the console, they just didn't bother to use it for no explainable reason. What else is that other than lazy?

Is that lazy devs or is it bad decision making from people calling the shots and shitty PR...to me it seems like most game developers are insanely overworked and it's like a small miracle every time a game is successfully released.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by lex-man » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:22 pm

Garth wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:I just saw a thread about the Switch version of Doom having a system level friend invite system after EA said there was no such thing and that was why they didn't include it in the switch version of Fifa 18, and someone got a warning for calling out EA as being too lazy to make use of the feature due to using the "old lazy-dev rhetoric". Thing is the thread proves that EA were exactly that in this case, lazy. There was a feature available within the console, they just didn't bother to use it for no explainable reason. What else is that other than lazy?

Is that lazy devs or is it bad decision making from people calling the shots and shitty PR...to me it seems like most game developers are insanely overworked and it's like a small miracle every time a game is successfully released.


Yeah, they were probably on a deadline and didn't have time to implement the feature. It was probably also partly budgetary reasons, I doubt the Switch version of Fifa 18 was the teams top propriety.

According to Metro only 1% of Fifa sales were for the Switch version.

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by captain red dog » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Well it's hardly surprising because FIFA Switch was utterly gimped. If there is an example of "lazy devs" then FIFA 18 on Switch is the very definition of it.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Tomous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:28 pm

captain red dog wrote:Well it's hardly surprising because FIFA Switch was utterly gimped. If there is an example of "lazy devs" then FIFA 18 on Switch is the very definition of it.


It's not utterly gimped, it's absolutely fine. It's lacking a mode or two but it's still a very complete package with the added bonus of portability.

The lack of the friend invite was poor though.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by lex-man » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:29 pm

I don't know have you tried the PC version?

User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by darksideby182 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:30 pm

lex-man wrote:I don't know have you tried the PC version?

The pc version seems fine (only done the 10 hour free trial but thats plenty to say its fine)

Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Venom’s Christmas Carol
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Venom’s Christmas Carol » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Garth wrote:They had to do it on GAF because with so many thousands of users you ended up with pages of people dropping in to post about wanting a game on a different platform rather than discussing the game itself, which made for shitty reading. Not such of an issue on a smaller forum like GRcade.


Garth wrote:None of the GAF mods made it over to Reset Era as mods, saw some around as regular members though.

Edit: the 'lazy devs' thing and port begging issue were both already in Resetera's rules too:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/faq.315/


I was never on GAF regularly enough to notice but I get your point. Looking at ResetEra's rules they do allow you to make a well-reasoned case for a port. As for the mods, I was under the impression that many were from GAF? That they resigned, got together to form this new company - along with Shinobi.

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by captain red dog » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Tomous wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Well it's hardly surprising because FIFA Switch was utterly gimped. If there is an example of "lazy devs" then FIFA 18 on Switch is the very definition of it.


It's not utterly gimped, it's absolutely fine. It's lacking a mode or two but it's still a very complete package with the added bonus of portability.

The lack of the friend invite was poor though.

When it misses entire major game modes and costs the same as the other platforms, it's gimped in my opinion!

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Tomous » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:14 pm

captain red dog wrote:
Tomous wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Well it's hardly surprising because FIFA Switch was utterly gimped. If there is an example of "lazy devs" then FIFA 18 on Switch is the very definition of it.


It's not utterly gimped, it's absolutely fine. It's lacking a mode or two but it's still a very complete package with the added bonus of portability.

The lack of the friend invite was poor though.

When it misses entire major game modes and costs the same as the other platforms, it's gimped in my opinion!


Well sacrifices have to be made somewhere because simply put, the Switch isn't as powerful as the other consoles. On the flip side, you have the advantage of portability.

User avatar
I Believe In Stool Bloke
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by I Believe In Stool Bloke » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Tomous wrote:
captain red dog wrote:
Tomous wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Well it's hardly surprising because FIFA Switch was utterly gimped. If there is an example of "lazy devs" then FIFA 18 on Switch is the very definition of it.


It's not utterly gimped, it's absolutely fine. It's lacking a mode or two but it's still a very complete package with the added bonus of portability.

The lack of the friend invite was poor though.

When it misses entire major game modes and costs the same as the other platforms, it's gimped in my opinion!


Well sacrifices have to be made somewhere because simply put, the Switch isn't as powerful as the other consoles. On the flip side, you have the advantage of portability.

Hate to say it but I'm on Red Dog's side this time.

Image
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Karl » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:11 pm

At the risk of turning this into a Switch thread -- I still don't really think the market is even there for your CODs and FIFAs on Switch. The people who make FIFA a year-in-year-out success will already have their PS4 set up, y'know? (That's a bit tangential to whether the release was gimped, but might explain why it was gimped, if that makes sense.)

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Karl » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:16 pm

More on-topic with ResetEra, I'm not sure I could really venture into the serious discussion threads, they seem a bit intense for me. I've been keeping up with a few communities (or 'hangouts'!) though.

As a whole forum it's IMO far worse than here because your posts just fade into the noise and no-one knows anyone else, but the niche interest threads are good because you can actually talk about anime/programming/etc and find a fair few others who are interested.

User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Sleighamorph » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 pm

Karl wrote:More on-topic with ResetEra, I'm not sure I could really venture into the serious discussion threads, they seem a bit intense for me. I've been keeping up with a few communities (or 'hangouts'!) though.

Much like Neogaf the serious threads can still tend to be very much in their American bubble.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bethlehemster and 64 guests