NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:04 pm

captain red dog wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Tomous wrote:
captain red dog wrote:
Tomous wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Well it's hardly surprising because FIFA Switch was utterly gimped. If there is an example of "lazy devs" then FIFA 18 on Switch is the very definition of it.


It's not utterly gimped, it's absolutely fine. It's lacking a mode or two but it's still a very complete package with the added bonus of portability.

The lack of the friend invite was poor though.

When it misses entire major game modes and costs the same as the other platforms, it's gimped in my opinion!


Well sacrifices have to be made somewhere because simply put, the Switch isn't as powerful as the other consoles. On the flip side, you have the advantage of portability.

Hate to say it but I'm on Red Dog's side this time.

Why do you hate to say it, I'm not that bad! :lol:

As a Derby fan, red dogs are my sworn enemy...

Image
User avatar
1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: New Zealand

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by 1cmanny1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:39 am

I had no idea about the NeoGaf thing until seeing this thread. What a delight.
I strawberry floating hated Evillore, the narcissist virgin shithead.

I once told him the forum was gooseberry fool, as the user count was broken and the site couldn't cope with demand. Why was he strawberry floating parading around like a rich git, with a site 10x shittier than this one? I got some snarky reply back, so screw him.



Errkal wrote:
Karl wrote:Our community's pretty good when you think about it. We all know each other and nine times out of ten we can chat and have a laugh without anyone getting upset. We don't have any complete idiots or wankers (apart from Moggy :x ). And I've defo made one or two dodgy calls as an admin but at least I'm not Evilore. ;)

Sincere welcome to anyone from GAF looking to come here to retire from all the drama. It's certainly more relaxed and chill. I think this is true even in the politics thread.


I think our simple rule set helps, it allows for enterpritation and our mods can interprit they also need to do thei modding publicing rather than via an annonymiser so tends to be more human and thought out as there is recourse for actions if they were ott and hamfisted.



Albear wrote:Errkal's our communications Officer in case anybody was wondering.


:lol:

Image
User avatar
1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: New Zealand

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by 1cmanny1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:41 am

Brerlappin wrote:Some of the threads over there are so hyper liberal at times it's almost parody. Like they had a thread stating that the German version of Wolf 2 "ignores the Holocaust", like as if the devs are Holocaust deniers rather than you know, it just being censored in Germany like every single game that references Nazism is over there. Like I'm liberal but god damn resetera is almost too left leaning.


It's like that with most of the internet. I spend an awful lot of time reading/arguing with ultra leftist no brains in the New Zealand subreddit. It seems to be the current hip thing.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Errkal » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 am

1cmanny1 wrote:I had no idea about the NeoGaf thing until seeing this thread. What a delight.
I strawberry floating hated Evillore, the narcissist virgin shithead.

I once told him the forum was gooseberry fool, as the user count was broken and the site couldn't cope with demand. Why was he strawberry floating parading around like a rich git, with a site 10x shittier than this one? I got some snarky reply back, so screw him.



Errkal wrote:
Karl wrote:Our community's pretty good when you think about it. We all know each other and nine times out of ten we can chat and have a laugh without anyone getting upset. We don't have any complete idiots or wankers (apart from Moggy :x ). And I've defo made one or two dodgy calls as an admin but at least I'm not Evilore. ;)

Sincere welcome to anyone from GAF looking to come here to retire from all the drama. It's certainly more relaxed and chill. I think this is true even in the politics thread.


I think our simple rule set helps, it allows for enterpritation and our mods can interprit they also need to do thei modding publicing rather than via an annonymiser so tends to be more human and thought out as there is recourse for actions if they were ott and hamfisted.



Albear wrote:Errkal's our communications Officer in case anybody was wondering.


:lol:


Equal opportunities init.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by lex-man » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:19 am

darksideby182 wrote:
lex-man wrote:I don't know have you tried the PC version?

The pc version seems fine (only done the 10 hour free trial but thats plenty to say its fine)


I played a bunch of Fifa 17 and had tons of problems with the game. Manly it kept randomly swapping the controls round so you'd suddenly be playing as the other team. Also I had a bunch of problems with the frame rate and getting it to run at 60 fps was annoying.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by lex-man » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 am

1cmanny1 wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Some of the threads over there are so hyper liberal at times it's almost parody. Like they had a thread stating that the German version of Wolf 2 "ignores the Holocaust", like as if the devs are Holocaust deniers rather than you know, it just being censored in Germany like every single game that references Nazism is over there. Like I'm liberal but god damn resetera is almost too left leaning.


It's like that with most of the internet. I spend an awful lot of time reading/arguing with ultra leftist no brains in the New Zealand subreddit. It seems to be the current hip thing.


What thread is that in, kind of interested to read what they said.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Saint of Killers » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:53 am

lex-man wrote:
1cmanny1 wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Some of the threads over there are so hyper liberal at times it's almost parody. Like they had a thread stating that the German version of Wolf 2 "ignores the Holocaust", like as if the devs are Holocaust deniers rather than you know, it just being censored in Germany like every single game that references Nazism is over there. Like I'm liberal but god damn resetera is almost too left leaning.


It's like that with most of the internet. I spend an awful lot of time reading/arguing with ultra leftist no brains in the New Zealand subreddit. It seems to be the current hip thing.


What thread is that in, kind of interested to read what they said.


https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-d ... in-2.5118/

Worth noting that even in the uncensored version of Wolf 2 there's hardly any mention of the Holocaust.

I really cba reading all of it, but some of the complaints at least seemed to be that the dev/pub made changes which are not required by German law.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by KK » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 am

It's probably that the developers/publishers of the game couldn't be bothered to go through every intricacy of German law and rather than risk accidently getting banned, played it safe.

At least it got a release due to these changes; in the 90s/early 00s it would have just been banned outright.

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by ITSMILNER » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:12 am

https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-else-have-issues-with-their-stuff-dipping-in-the-toilet.5688/

Laughing way too much at this thread :slol:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:38 am

ITSMILNER wrote:https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-anyone-else-have-issues-with-their-stuff-dipping-in-the-toilet.5688/

Laughing way too much at this thread :slol:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is so true though, America toilets are so strange. The opening is strawberry floating massive, presumably for ample America arse, so anyone slim nearly falls in anyway. Then you have the bowl part which is really shallow and long, so your gooseberry fool ends up sitting about 5cm below your arsehole and just slowly moving around. Then there seems to be no pressure on the flush, the water just drops out and then fills from the bottom again so there's no water rolling down the sides to move anything away.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Saint of Killers » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:50 am

Their bogs sound gooseberry fool.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by KK » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 am

Make their bogs great again.

Image
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Venom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Their bogs sound gooseberry fool.


When I went on holiday to the LA the hotel toilets were really shallow and the water really high. You had to hold your member and gently easy out your deposit. God help anyone who has diarrhoea!

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Nothing quite like being on a yank toilet and having a turd appear right in the middle of your legs mid gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Tomous » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Also, their cubicles don't exactly offer a lot of privacy with huge gaps in the door.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Alvin Flummux » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Ad7 wrote:Nothing quite like being on a yank toilet and having a turd appear right in the middle of your legs mid gooseberry fool.


WTF happened there? :lol: Sounds like an experience!

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Venom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm

Darting from the end-of-an-era to neo-beginnings to gooseberry fools in the bog. This is becoming quite the random thread!

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Ad7 wrote:Nothing quite like being on a yank toilet and having a turd appear right in the middle of your legs mid gooseberry fool.


WTF happened there? :lol: Sounds like an experience!


Their toilets are so strawberry floating strange. Imagine a big rounded rectangle with high walls as the main part of the bowl, and this is filled nearly to the top with water, with the hole for the waste to go down quite high too. So rather than a turd coming out and dropping about a foot down to a little pool of water like on a regular normal person toilet, you start to gooseberry fool and it's already dipping in to water before it's even a quarter of the way out of your ass. Then the thing just floats on top or near it anyway because the water is so shallow so if you have a multi stage dump, the chances are a huge gooseberry fool will come and say hello in your vision between your legs at some point, dangerously close to whence it came. If you piss during the process, expect fast moving turds right there enjoying a yellow lazy river.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Alvin Flummux » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Ad7 wrote:Nothing quite like being on a yank toilet and having a turd appear right in the middle of your legs mid gooseberry fool.


WTF happened there? :lol: Sounds like an experience!


Their toilets are so strawberry floating strange. Imagine a big rounded rectangle with high walls as the main part of the bowl, and this is filled nearly to the top with water, with the hole for the waste to go down quite high too. So rather than a turd coming out and dropping about a foot down to a little pool of water like on a regular normal person toilet, you start to gooseberry fool and it's already dipping in to water before it's even a quarter of the way out of your ass. Then the thing just floats on top or near it anyway because the water is so shallow so if you have a multi stage dump, the chances are a huge gooseberry fool will come and say hello in your vision between your legs at some point, dangerously close to whence it came. If you piss during the process, expect fast moving turds right there enjoying a yellow lazy river.


:slol: Jesus strawberry floating Christ. I've lived in the US for nearly 6 years now and not one toilet has been like that, thank god.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 pm

I lot of the hotel toilets are like it unfortunately. In fact on this last trip I did one that just sat there like some swimming brown snake, I wanted to take a photo of it and put it here because it was just strawberry floating hilarious.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BAKA, Garth, Grumpy David, kerr9000, lex-man, Minty14, Ord, Pedz, satriales, shy guy 64, Trelliz, Tsunade, Zaichik and 69 guests