Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: gameplay info video
by Gemini73 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:19 pm

jawafour wrote:Image

So, yeah, the game will have this "collectors" version available for £90. I took a look at the contents and kinda thought "Hmmn.... the extra stuff doesn't look great; it doesn't appear to be worth splashing out the additional money for this version".

And then I realised that this version doesn't include the game :shock: :lol: :fp: .

Ninety quid for that box of junk?! :lol: .


Looks like a load of crap you would normally find in The Works next to the gel pen sets. :lol:

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Lotus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:37 pm

The state of these different versions. :lol: :fp:

I see people online complaining about the standard version being more expensive than usual..."why's the normal version cost more? i mean i'll still buy it, but why?". You've just answered your own question. :fp:

Sadly people will lap this up regardless of the price and the shitty stuff it comes with. Shame to see people defending it because it's Rockstar as well, when if it was EA the same people would probably be up in arms.

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: gameplay info video
by Hime » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:46 pm

jawafour wrote:Image

So, yeah, the game will have this "collectors" version available for £90. I took a look at the contents and kinda thought "Hmmn.... the extra stuff doesn't look great; it doesn't appear to be worth splashing out the additional money for this version".

And then I realised that this version doesn't include the game :shock: :lol: :fp: .

Ninety quid for that box of junk?! :lol: .

They've got you covered, you get to spend money without the hassle of getting a game you won't play ;)

Lotus wrote:The state of these different versions. :lol: :fp:

I see people online complaining about the standard version being more expensive than usual..."why's the normal version cost more? i mean i'll still buy it, but why?". You've just answered your own question. :fp:

Sadly people will lap this up regardless of the price and the shitty stuff it comes with. Shame to see people defending it because it's Rockstar as well, when if it was EA the same people would probably be up in arms.

The standard version is £49.99 on Amazon?

Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Lotus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:58 pm

It's £55 in most places I've seen, if not £60 on digital stores.

Image
User avatar
souljahsstory
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: gameplay info video
by souljahsstory » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Hime wrote:
jawafour wrote:Image

So, yeah, the game will have this "collectors" version available for £90. I took a look at the contents and kinda thought "Hmmn.... the extra stuff doesn't look great; it doesn't appear to be worth splashing out the additional money for this version".

And then I realised that this version doesn't include the game :shock: :lol: :fp: .

Ninety quid for that box of junk?! :lol: .

They've got you covered, you get to spend money without the hassle of getting a game you won't play ;)

Lotus wrote:The state of these different versions. :lol: :fp:

I see people online complaining about the standard version being more expensive than usual..."why's the normal version cost more? i mean i'll still buy it, but why?". You've just answered your own question. :fp:

Sadly people will lap this up regardless of the price and the shitty stuff it comes with. Shame to see people defending it because it's Rockstar as well, when if it was EA the same people would probably be up in arms.

The standard version is £49.99 on Amazon?


47.99 if you pre-order and have a prime account.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Hime » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Lotus wrote:It's £55 in most places I've seen, if not £60 on digital stores.

£60 is becoming the norm for digital, Nintendo games are often more expensive.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by jawafour » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Hime wrote:
Lotus wrote:It's £55 in most places I've seen, if not £60 on digital stores.

£60 is becoming the norm for digital, Nintendo games are often more expensive.

Most Nintendo games are £49.99.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by lex-man » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:47 pm

The xbox download code is £60 on Amazon. Why the hell does it cost more to not get the disk.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by jawafour » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:58 pm

lex-man wrote:The xbox download code is £60 on Amazon. Why the hell does it cost more to not get the disk.

Unfortunately digital store pricing is fixed by the publisher; retailers can sell the disc version at a lower price due to the volume that they purchase from the manufacturers.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Hime » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:00 pm

jawafour wrote:
Hime wrote:
Lotus wrote:It's £55 in most places I've seen, if not £60 on digital stores.

£60 is becoming the norm for digital, Nintendo games are often more expensive.

Most Nintendo games are £49.99.

On the e-shop?

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by jawafour » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Hime wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Hime wrote:
Lotus wrote:It's £55 in most places I've seen, if not £60 on digital stores.

£60 is becoming the norm for digital, Nintendo games are often more expensive.

Most Nintendo games are £49.99.

On the e-shop?

Yeah. One game - Zelda BotW - has been £59.99.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Hime » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:13 pm

jawafour wrote:
Hime wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Hime wrote:
Lotus wrote:It's £55 in most places I've seen, if not £60 on digital stores.

£60 is becoming the norm for digital, Nintendo games are often more expensive.

Most Nintendo games are £49.99.

On the e-shop?

Yeah. One game - Zelda BotW - has been £59.99.

Not sure why I thought they were more. Still, game prices have been static for a long time so I'm not too fussed, they end up on sale so quickly anyway that it's not necessary to pay full price unless your desperate to play at launch.

Image
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Samuel_1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 am

The pre-order elements in this seem like absolute bull gooseberry fool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAg80DsURyU

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Steve
Proprietor
Joined in 2008
Location: Bedfordshire

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Steve » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:51 pm

The pricing and versioning of this game has killed it for me. Disappointed.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Moggy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Steve wrote:The pricing and versioning of this game has killed it for me. Disappointed.


I’d say wait for until a “Game of the Year” edition is on sale, but if GTA:V is anything to go by it will be years until a decent sale price comes up.

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by imbusydoctorwho » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:59 pm

All these editions have kinda put me off getting it, probably gonna wait a while till after launch, can't see the price going down much in any sale though.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm

SimplyGames have it going for £44.85. I think that's the *just the game* version, though. I pre-ordered Yakuza 6 from them after Maf posted that they'd dispatched his copy a few days before release. I got mine in the post a day later. Still before release date.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Monkey Man » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Image

4pm BST.

Image
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by NickSCFC » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Image

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Knoyleo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:59 pm

NickSCFC wrote:Image

But they didn't do anything yet.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BID0, DarkRula, Heskimo, Kriken, Lagamorph, Mafro, Manwell Pablo, masofdas, Met, mic, Monkey Man, NickSCFC, OrangeRKN, Pedz, Poser, Preezy, Sandy, Tafdolphin and 50 guests