Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Steve
Proprietor
Joined in 2008
Location: Bedfordshire

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Steve » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 am

Tragic Magic wrote:Having seen the price of this game and its ridiculous special editions, I can comfortably say I'll not be buying this one. I loved RDR and GTA V but Rockstar have been outclassed by the competition by quite a way recently and they're far from being the market leader they were 15 years ago. As far as I'm concerned they can no longer keep up with the better developers out there. And joining the £100 special edition club is just another reason not to bother with them anymore.


You can pre-order the standard version of the game from Amazon for £49.99 which is the standard price for any new game. Don’t really see the issue.

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Rubix » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:41 am

I’ll only get the standard game. Im sure like tomb raider some places like base will sell cheaper

PLAY | PS4: Kingdom Hearts 2 | PSVR Tumbler | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Stardew Valley
WATCH | Westworld S2, The Apprentice 2018
READ | Behind Closed Doors
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Moggy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:52 am

Rubix wrote:I’ll only get the standard game. Im sure like tomb raider some places like base will sell cheaper


Normally I would say wait a few weeks and buy it for half price, but if GTA:V is anything to go buy, it will continue selling for close to full price for years.

I’d imagine most places will sell it cheaper than £49.99 though.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Preezy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm happy to wait for a price drop, I've got plenty of games that I'm not getting anywhere near to playing as it is, I'm not desperate for another gargantuan openworld to explore at the moment, so if it takes a year, so be it.

Also:
Mafro wrote:Cowboys are in the same category as pirates for me wondering why the hell people fawn over them and romanticise them so much.

Because they're awesome?

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Lotus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Will probably pick this up at some point, but I'm in no rush. Also depends if they strawberry float it up with micro-transactions and such. If they put too much bullshit in there I won't buy it.

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Ad7 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Steve wrote:So do I get this on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X?


[PHOTEKING INTENSIFIES]

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by DarkRula » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:29 pm

It does look great, and I'm sure it'll be a great world to explore, but it doesn't take priority for me.
It all comes down to any lulls in games I want, and that doesn't look like it'll be happening any time soon.

Image
Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Moggy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Steve wrote:So do I get this on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X?


[PHOTEKING INTENSIFIES]


[NICKSCFC'S ERECTION RISES]

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Mafro » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Steve wrote:So do I get this on PS4 Pro or Xbox One X?


[PHOTEKING INTENSIFIES]

:lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Rubix » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Moggy wrote:
Rubix wrote:I’ll only get the standard game. Im sure like tomb raider some places like base will sell cheaper


Normally I would say wait a few weeks and buy it for half price, but if GTA:V is anything to go buy, it will continue selling for close to full price for years.

I’d imagine most places will sell it cheaper than £49.99 though.


I don’t want to wait anymore for this game. If I have to pay full price so be it

PLAY | PS4: Kingdom Hearts 2 | PSVR Tumbler | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Stardew Valley
WATCH | Westworld S2, The Apprentice 2018
READ | Behind Closed Doors
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Knoyleo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:35 pm

I look forward to picking up the PC version in a sale, or off some keysite, for about £20, in 3-4 years time, if it even ever makes it to PC in the first place.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by DarkRula » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:53 pm

It was confirmed there'd be online - and now we have Online.
Please tell me this isn't going to be wild west GTA Online. I don't need to be purchasing stables to store horses in and have loads of modes that get forgotten within a few days of release.
Releases as a beta sometime November.

Image
Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Gemini73 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Preezy wrote:I'm happy to wait for a price drop, I've got plenty of games that I'm not getting anywhere near to playing as it is, I'm not desperate for another gargantuan openworld to explore at the moment, so if it takes a year, so be it.


This is pretty much my thinking. I've no doubt RDR 2 will be awesome, but with so many games still to play adding another open world time sink to the collection isn't going to help.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Monkey Man » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Some previews of the opening 2 hours -

Easy Allies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiItWBjAOkA
IGN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE4Yyjnpcig
Gamespot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdkA-lPSpgo (Write up: https://www.gamespot.com/g00/articles/r ... i10c.dv=14 )
Game Informer: https://www.gameinformer.com/previe...f ... ds-on-demo
Kotaku: https://kotaku.com/two-hours-with-the-a ... 1829187487
Games Radar: https://www.gamesradar.com/red-dead...m ... uffer_grtw
PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-re..._ ... -pcgamertw
Jared Petty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNp1WQt ... e=youtu.be
VG247: https://www.vg247.com/2018/09/20/red-de ... 2-preview/
Geoff Keighley: https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/statu ... 8704705536

Some details -

- Has 1st person mode.
- Customisable HUD.
- Each character will have different sets of clothes to coincide with weather conditions.
- Clothing customisations go as far as allowing layering and minor adjustments, like the option to roll up your sleeves.
- You can physically see all your weapons on Arthur's character model--you can hold only hold two sidearms and two long weapons (along with a knife, lasso, and throwables).
- Like the first game you have a range of choices, and your decision affects your honor meter.
- It's possible to shoot weapons out of enemy hands
- Dead Eye now has 5 levels, Level 1 allows for slowdown, Level 2 allows you to paint targets and unleash a barrage of shots, and Level 3 allows you to manually pick your shooting points, etc.
- Gun customisation, such as engravings.
- Beard grows over time, but you can shave.
- You get hungry over time, but you can get fat if you eat too much, effecting stamina.
- Stats like stamina can be raised by doing physical activities (such as in GTA V or Bethesda RPG's).
- When hunting, you can sell the carcass or take it to the butchers for meat. If you leave it too long, it'll rot.
- Your camp will not wait for you. Members of your gang who reside at camp will come and go, and finding out where exactly they've gone from others will be the basis of a number of quests and side quests.
- You can name your horse.

Image
User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by SugarDave » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 pm

Going to start a replay of RDR1 tonight and see if that gets me excited enough about this to buy it on launch. Mind you, even if it does, I'm not paying the £50 everywhere seems to have it listed as. :dread:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Preezy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:02 pm

I like the sound of all of those details, especially the high-fidelity sleeve control mechanic.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Gemini73 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Seems like they've added similar RPG elements that led me to hating GTA SA. :dread:

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Godzilla » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:25 pm

I didn't really like the first game, felt like more of an experience than a game. But this does look exceptionally good. Spider-Man is my Christmas day game along with Tomb Raider..... But Lara may have to wait if this turns out as good as it looks.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by Death's Head » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Monkey Man wrote:- You can name your horse.


Had no interest in this game but with an innovation like this, who would want to miss out? Not me and Gary (my horse) that is for sure.

Yes?
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB1 - 26/10 - p9: dumb collector's edition info (£90 gets you tat + no game)
by BOR » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Monkey Man wrote:Some previews of the opening 2 hours -

Easy Allies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiItWBjAOkA
IGN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE4Yyjnpcig
Gamespot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdkA-lPSpgo (Write up: https://www.gamespot.com/g00/articles/r ... i10c.dv=14 )
Game Informer: https://www.gameinformer.com/previe...f ... ds-on-demo
Kotaku: https://kotaku.com/two-hours-with-the-a ... 1829187487
Games Radar: https://www.gamesradar.com/red-dead...m ... uffer_grtw
PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-re..._ ... -pcgamertw
Jared Petty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNp1WQt ... e=youtu.be
VG247: https://www.vg247.com/2018/09/20/red-de ... 2-preview/
Geoff Keighley: https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/statu ... 8704705536

Some details -

- Has 1st person mode.
- Customisable HUD.
- Each character will have different sets of clothes to coincide with weather conditions.
- Clothing customisations go as far as allowing layering and minor adjustments, like the option to roll up your sleeves.
- You can physically see all your weapons on Arthur's character model--you can hold only hold two sidearms and two long weapons (along with a knife, lasso, and throwables).
- Like the first game you have a range of choices, and your decision affects your honor meter.
- It's possible to shoot weapons out of enemy hands
- Dead Eye now has 5 levels, Level 1 allows for slowdown, Level 2 allows you to paint targets and unleash a barrage of shots, and Level 3 allows you to manually pick your shooting points, etc.
- Gun customisation, such as engravings.
- Beard grows over time, but you can shave.
- You get hungry over time, but you can get fat if you eat too much, effecting stamina.
- Stats like stamina can be raised by doing physical activities (such as in GTA V or Bethesda RPG's).
- When hunting, you can sell the carcass or take it to the butchers for meat. If you leave it too long, it'll rot.
- Your camp will not wait for you. Members of your gang who reside at camp will come and go, and finding out where exactly they've gone from others will be the basis of a number of quests and side quests.
- You can name your horse.

Added more information.

Weapons and Gunplay
- You can physically see all your weapons on Arthur's character model. You can hold only hold two sidearms and two long weapons (along with a knife, lasso, and throwables).
- Gun customisation, such as engravings.
- Dead Eye now has 5 levels, Level 1 allows for slowdown, Level 2 allows you to paint targets and unleash a barrage of shots, and Level 3 allows you to manually pick your shooting points, etc.
- It's possible to shoot weapons out of enemy hands.
- Weapons get dirty and clogged up over time, or if you get them wet, so you’ll need to clean them to get the best performance.
- If you double-tap L1 Arthur puts his gun away with a flourish.

Arthur
- Beard grows over time, but you can shave.
- Clothing customisations go as far as allowing layering and minor adjustments, like the option to roll up your sleeves.
- You get hungry over time, but you can get fat if you eat too much, effecting stamina.
- Stats like stamina can be raised by doing physical activities (such as in GTA V or Bethesda RPG's).
- Snow on Arthur’s clothing will eventually melt. Mud will harden and wipe away. Blood will dry.
- You can swim (just about).
- Putting on a bandana during a crime and then taking it off afterwards makes the Wanted meter drop faster.
- You can pay your own bounty, but townspeople will still remember any trouble you caused and comment on it when you return.
- Arthur can look at his reflection in the mirror and will comment on what he sees.

Horse
- The whistle command button can be held down and Arthur will whistle until he runs out of breath.
- Visit Stables to customise your horse, switching out its saddle, blanket, stirrups, reins and saddle horn.
- You can name your horse.
- You can clean your horse.
- Horses poop dynamically.
- If your horse dies, it’s gone forever.
- You can tell your horse to flee when it’s in a precarious situation to try to spare its life.
- Horse testicles shrink depending on the in-game weather.

The last one. :slol:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brerlappin, dfox1987, Jazzem, kerr9000, Mafro, NickSCFC, OldSoulCyborg, Preezy, Rubix, The Watching Artist, Trelliz and 41 guests