Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - 26/10 - Brexit ✅ Trump ✅ RDR2 Pre-order
by NickSCFC » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:02 am

Denster wrote:Nice feature on this in the latest EDGE. They had six hours with it from the start. Sounds very promising.


Skimmed through yesterday, I think there is 8 pages worth.

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Rubix » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:06 am

Is anyone picking up anything other than the standard edition? £25 extra seems like a lot for a map and extra missions that should already be in the game or an extra £40 for a few more extra “story” missions

PLAY | PS4: Kingdom Hearts 2 | PSVR Astro Bot Rescue Mission | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Stardew Valley
WATCH | Westworld S2, The Apprentice 2018
READ | Behind Closed Doors
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by KingK » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am

I think there's more than enough content in the Vanilla version for me so that's all I'm getting. Can't wait for the 26th though

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - 26/10 - Brexit ✅ Trump ✅ RDR2 Pre-order
by Gemini73 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:41 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Can't remember the last time I pre-ordered a game and mostly because, well, unless you're after a limited edition set of one type or another pre-ordering is a bit pointless this day and age.


Sure, if you have a bricks and mortar store near you. How do supermarket/specialist store game prices compare to online?


Our last existing "specialist" store closed its doors only recently. The local supermarkets tend to be more expensive these days so I don't use them. Same with Smyth Toys.

Come to think if it, I don't recall the last time I bought a AAA game at launch. Probably CoD Ghosts for the 360 when I stumbled, half cut, into one of GAME's midnight openings. The last time I preorder anything was before that, so quite some years ago.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Manwell Pablo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:22 pm

My Pre-order with Tesco is incredible.

Went through the process paid £5 at which point they told me pre-ordering with them doesn't guarantee a copy on release day :fp:

What exactly is the point in pre ordering with you then Tesco? And please explain to me why I would pre-order anything with you ever again.

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Tafdolphin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Manwell Pablo wrote:My Pre-order with Tesco is incredible.

Went through the process paid £5 at which point they told me pre-ordering with them doesn't guarantee a copy on release day :fp:

What exactly is the point in pre ordering with you then Tesco? And please explain to me why I would pre-order anything with you ever again.


See?

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Gemini73 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:My Pre-order with Tesco is incredible.

Went through the process paid £5 at which point they told me pre-ordering with them doesn't guarantee a copy on release day :fp:

What exactly is the point in pre ordering with you then Tesco? And please explain to me why I would pre-order anything with you ever again.


See?


A pre-order that doesn't guarantee a copy on release day. :lol:

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by OrangeRKN » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:00 pm

That's actually hilarious, what an amazing move by Tesco

@Taf, how do you feel about the trend of offering discounts on pre-orders? This seems to happen an awful lot in the switch e-shop with things like 10% off if you pre-order before release. The game is otherwise unchanged in most cases, so no content butchering, and the advantage for the consumer is obvious (money saved).

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Gemini73 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Just found out ASDA, (my friends mother works there), also doesnt guarantee a copy either if you preorder a game with them. They have no system in place that sorts out the pre-orders in store so anyone can just walk up and buy a copy whether it's been pre-ordered or not.

I don't think these supermarkets understand the whole point of pre-ordering. I wonder what they think its actual purpose is? :lol:

Last edited by Gemini73 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by NickSCFC » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Is anyone pre-ordering this game and, if so, where from?

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by jawafour » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm

This sounds completely ridiculous :lol: . You can pay to pre-order a game... but you might not get it? Tesco and Asda :fp: :lol: .

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by IAmTheSaladMan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Apologies for going off topic but I think this is relevant here. I pre-ordered Wind Waker on GameCube at my local branch of Game and when I arrived to collect it they had sold out. I had to wait around the town centre until more stock arrived. As a gesture of good will they threw in a free copy of the official strategy guide.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Moggy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:44 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:@Taf, how do you feel about the trend of offering discounts on pre-orders? This seems to happen an awful lot in the switch e-shop with things like 10% off if you pre-order before release. The game is otherwise unchanged in most cases, so no content butchering, and the advantage for the consumer is obvious (money saved).


Now that sort of pre-ordering makes sense to me. Offering people the chance of a discount before release is a great idea.

As things stand, for most games you are far better offer waiting a couple of months and picking it up much cheaper.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Peter Crisp » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Just found out ASDA, (my friends mother works there), also doesnt guarantee a copy either if you preorder a game with them. They have no system in place that sorts out the pre-orders in store so anyone can just walk up and buy a copy whether it's been pre-ordered or not.

I don't think these supermarkets understand the whole point of pre-ordering. I wonder what they think its actual purpose is? :lol:


I'm quite surprised by this as as shitty as Woolworths were we managed to work out how to do pre-orders by just holding copies back for people who'd pre-ordered. It was all sorted by store staff not a official thing but worked perfectly and wasn't hard to do.

How are they screwing this simple process up?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Manwell Pablo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Just found out ASDA, (my friends mother works there), also doesnt guarantee a copy either if you preorder a game with them. They have no system in place that sorts out the pre-orders in store so anyone can just walk up and buy a copy whether it's been pre-ordered or not.

I don't think these supermarkets understand the whole point of pre-ordering. I wonder what they think its actual purpose is? :lol:


I have no clue at all, wont be doing it again. It's completely pointless and if they do run out I'm committed to buying from them so if I go elsewhere I've lost a fiver.

I seldom, and I mean seldom, Pre Order anything but I do have concerns about how hard it'll be to get hold of this, even though Tesco seem to think they will have more copies than they can sell.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Tomous » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Moggy wrote:As things stand, for most games you are far better offer waiting a couple of months and picking it up much cheaper.



This. I just got a PS4 and have a list of games to work through. I got it for Spiderman and Red Dead 2 mainly, but they are currently £50. Everything else on my list that has been out awhile is pretty much £15-£20 so I'm going to work my way through that and wait for the other games to come down in price.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Ad7 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:35 pm

jawafour wrote:This sounds completely ridiculous :lol: . You can pay to pre-order a game... but you might not get it? Tesco and Asda :fp: :lol: .


Order the top whack version that doesn't include the game, then have no guarantee if getting that anyway :datass:

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by Tafdolphin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:41 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:That's actually hilarious, what an amazing move by Tesco

@Taf, how do you feel about the trend of offering discounts on pre-orders? This seems to happen an awful lot in the switch e-shop with things like 10% off if you pre-order before release. The game is otherwise unchanged in most cases, so no content butchering, and the advantage for the consumer is obvious (money saved).


This falls under pre-order incentives and the problems they present: namely that they transfer the impetus from making a good game to marketing a game well. But yes, at least the consumer is gaining something I suppose.

Again, I really don't have too strong an opinion on all this. I just find the idea mildly baffling these days.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by BOR » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Preorder sucks.

I always get it on the day. :)

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4, XB - 26/10
by KingK » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:43 pm

I love preordering on Amazon months ahead. No commitment as easily cancelled up until a couple of days before release, plus I usually get a few quid off due to their price promise or whatever it’s called. If the price ever drops after ordering, I’m locked in at the lower price even if it goes back up.

Currently got RDR2 on preorder at £43.49 from order placed Sept 2017, saving me over £6 compared to current listed price

Image

Return to “Games”