Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Dick Thornburg
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Dick Thornburg » Tue May 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Moggy wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:Yeah I get on really well with them both. It'll be strange at first I'm sure. Not set a date or even really had a proper discussion about it, so it might not happen for a while yet. She wants to speak to them about it first (Obviously). For my part I've said I'm ready whenever she is, but that I'm not in any rush so she doesn't have any pressure on her.


If it happens and if they play up, just remember you can win any argument at all by just telling them that you have strawberry floated their mother.

Win.

:lol: :lol:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Advent7 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:04 pm

And streamed it.

Image
User avatar
Gently-Hung Holly Wreath
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Gently-Hung Holly Wreath » Tue May 16, 2017 7:07 pm

GFs mum dropped a bomb on us an hour ago that she is coming on Thursday to stay for a week to see Mia's communion.

My parents were supposed to come on Saturday for an hour or two and now they are coming to the communion as well.

:dread: :dread: :dread:

Image
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Advent7 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Communion :dread:

I don't know how you put up with that, it'd drive me insane being with someone who believed in God.

Image
User avatar
Gently-Hung Holly Wreath
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Gently-Hung Holly Wreath » Tue May 16, 2017 7:18 pm

Mrs is extremely light on it. I think we've been in a church once when she was showing me a traditional Polish one which has a massive wooden ship inside.

Mia goes to a catholic school so I think its basically required?

She knows Im not religious at all and I dont like any of the church people from the dealings Ive had with them. I find them rude, impolite, closed, power hungry busybodies.

Im viewing it as a christening basically. Im gonna go and be supportive for Mia's sake because she has asked me to go, but I have no love lost for the people running the show. I think thats reasonable enough.

I was actually very unhappy when she said we'd have to bow, I asked if the priest has to and she said no, so I said we are bowing to the priest then? She said its a sign of respect to god etc in his house, so why doesnt the priest have to bow? This was about to cause a big argument so I dropped it and said Ill play the part but Im in no way bending the knee to any 'officials' who come over to me.

Image
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Advent7 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Ah that's fair enough. At least it sounds like she tolerates you being sane and not believing in magic sky imaginary friends. My first proper girlfriend was a right God nut, and would constantly go on about how I was stupid for not believing in God :fp:

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Preezy » Wed May 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Ad7 wrote:I don't know how you put up with that, it'd drive me insane being with someone who believed in God.

This. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from constantly pointing out all of the flaws in their beliefs, it would probably end up bordering on bullying.

Image
User avatar
Tell Karl his brother is dead
Daiakuma
Daiakuma
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Tell Karl his brother is dead » Wed May 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Preezy wrote:
Ad7 wrote:I don't know how you put up with that, it'd drive me insane being with someone who believed in God.

This. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from constantly pointing out all of the flaws in their beliefs, it would probably end up bordering on bullying.

:lol: Yeah, this, basically.

User avatar
Gently-Hung Holly Wreath
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Gently-Hung Holly Wreath » Wed May 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Im not sheepish about it. I tell her when things are stupid or wrong and we talk about it, like adults. Its good.

Image
User avatar
bigcheez2k3
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by bigcheez2k3 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Don't make a joke about Jesus/God fingering someone in a threesome, apparently that is offensive :roll:

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:


I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Preezy » Wed May 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Gently-Parted Ringpiece wrote:Im not sheepish about it. I tell her when things are stupid or wrong and we talk about it, like adults. Its good.

Do you ever go into the deep stuff like the problem of infinite regression and the various paradoxes of having an omnipotent and omniscient god? I would :P

Image
User avatar
Gently-Hung Holly Wreath
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Gently-Hung Holly Wreath » Wed May 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Yeah, not every day, but yeah.

Image
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Rudolphin » Sun May 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Gently-Parted Ringpiece wrote:
Bunni wrote:The issue is that you're having to be told. Or doing exactly only what she asks which roughly translates to bare strawberry floating minimum. She's expecting you to notice jobs need done and be proactive in doing them, rather than running about oblivious until it's pointed out to you.

Go to the kitchen, is it clean? No? Well clean it. Don't wait to be asked. If she tells you to put the dishwasher on, don't leave the sides a mess under the plates because she explicitly says 'the dishwasher', notice that there's a mess left behind from doing the job she asked and finish it.

When you want milk for your coffee do you pop to the shop and buy milk? Yeah? Wrong. You should be checking what supplies are needed and coming home with what's about to run out as well as milk for yourself, since you're going anyway.

Is she working late tonight? Only got one day off to spend time with you? Use you extra time to catch up on house duties to lessen her load if she's short on time. You probably think you're being helpful but it gets strawberry floating annoying when you expect everyone to be as efficient as yourself but chromosomes.


Being single and starting my life again sounds easier


Here's what Bunni said, but illustrated and expanded upon:

https://english.emmaclit.com/2017/05/20 ... dve-asked/

Pretty sure this is what she was getting at.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
*<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by *<]:^D » Sun May 21, 2017 11:50 pm

goddamn that's a pretty good comic

User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by smurphy » Mon May 22, 2017 2:17 am

I find it oddly sexist.

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Advent7 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:11 am

It's is pretty sexist.

Image
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Rudolphin » Mon May 22, 2017 8:11 am

Ad7 wrote:It's is pretty sexist.


How so? It spends a whole section explaining why the situation exists, it offers a preemptive rebuttal to your argument and, based on the anecdote I posted it in reply to, it is true in at least some situations. It certainly is true in mine too.

Last edited by Rudolphin on Mon May 22, 2017 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon May 22, 2017 8:45 am

Tafdolphin wrote:
Ad7 wrote:It's is pretty sexist.


How so? It spend a whole section explaining why the situation exists, it offers a preemptive rebuttal to your arguement and, based on the anecdote I posted it in reply to, it is true in at least some situations. It certainly is true in mine too.


Yep, bitches be crazy y'all.

Image
User avatar
Gently-Hung Holly Wreath
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Gently-Hung Holly Wreath » Mon May 22, 2017 10:32 am

I didnt read it because it looks super lame

Image
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V.2 - Canyonero! :x
by Rudolphin » Mon May 22, 2017 11:52 am

Tbf, that's better than saying it's sexist

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!

Return to “Stuff”