Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Curls » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:07 am

RichardUK wrote:When I first started dating I used a site called chat avenue and got loads of dates from that, I’d imagine now with these apps it’s even easier



All my female friends find Bumble and tinder etc very good and get many dates, for the males it isn't quite as successful. Of course if you're good at it and know what you're doing then it seems to work well for the guys too, I'm just not in that quartile unfortunately. Still it boosts the confidence to get a match and have a chit chat with a pretty girl.

I hear Grindr is the easiest app in the world to get success on though...depending what your idea of success is of course.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Errkal » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:33 am

Staydead will be the new falsely in no time with the power of the web.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Moggy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:03 am

Qikz wrote:Got 5 matches today on Bumble. :cool:


Now you can email them.

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by RichardUK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:12 am

Curls wrote:I hear Grindr is the easiest app in the world to get success on though...depending what your idea of success is of course.


I downloaded Grindr to be noisy and see who’s around and it’s not so much a dating app and more of a sex app, I’m sure that there is the odd person looking for a relationship but it’s 99% just people wanting a quick hook up, I know that’s what you were getting at by success, I personally if I were single would avoid Grindr

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Ad7 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:15 am

I've heard it's a pain in the ass to use.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Moggy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:16 am

Ad7 wrote:I've heard it's a pain in the ass to use.


Depends if you keep on top of it.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Jenuall » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:19 am

Moggy wrote:
Ad7 wrote:I've heard it's a pain in the ass to use.


Depends if you keep on top of it.


Of all the apps available I've heard it's pretty much the best, give or take.

ImageImage
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Moggy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:46 am

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Ad7 wrote:I've heard it's a pain in the ass to use.


Depends if you keep on top of it.


Of all the apps available I've heard it's pretty much the best, give or take.


It’s definitely the most famous app, but I am not sure if it is the best or if it will just leave you feeling bummed out.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Jenuall » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:51 am

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Ad7 wrote:I've heard it's a pain in the ass to use.


Depends if you keep on top of it.


Of all the apps available I've heard it's pretty much the best, give or take.


It’s definitely the most famous app, but I am not sure if it is the best or if it will just leave you feeling bummed out.


True, I've heard a few people who were really let down by it. They wouldn't go into details as I think they were still feeling raw.

ImageImage
User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by False » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:25 am

Trust me, there are many many very available sites and apps to get your wick wet. Most are free if you want to invest a little time and if you have a few quid a month then there are some that dont even require the time.

Image
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Skarjo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:12 pm

So I met this girl while backpacking through Berlin, and I think I’ve fallen for her hard. Seems to be mutual too. She’s gone back to Ireland to finish uni (er... yea there’s a bit of an age gap there), but we’re talking every day, and late into the night. Falling asleep on the phone, the full works. Now I’m signed in to HK for at least another two years and I don’t really want to leave anytime soon, but I’ve arranged to take her to Madrid in October so we’ll see what happens there.

Probably gonna all end in tears but she’s gorgeous and Irish and woohoo here we go again.

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Ad7 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:13 pm

..... aren't you in a relationship? Again.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Dual » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:15 pm

:toot: :toot: :toot:

User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by False » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:16 pm

Dont want to be a pessimist, and Ill say up front that you should definitely just get your hole

but

you know you appear to just reset your life and go on these trips around and bin off the former 'best girl ever' for some fresh exciting new snatch? Theres nothing wrong with a puss in every port, but, you know, adjust expectations accordingly. I think you are probably committed to either a life of boom and bust or settling at some point, lest you die alone.

Image
User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by False » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Maybe just dont move in with this one eh

Image
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Skarjo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:20 pm

False wrote:Dont want to be a pessimist, and Ill say up front that you should definitely just get your hole

but

you know you appear to just reset your life and go on these trips around and bin off the former 'best girl ever' for some fresh exciting new snatch? Theres nothing wrong with a puss in every port, but, you know, adjust expectations accordingly. I think you are probably committed to either a life of boom and bust or settling at some point, lest you die alone.


Yea, I can see how it’s been like that. I suppose the only thing I can say about this one is that I love my life in HK, and I’ve got no intention of flipping that table over anytime soon. Love my job, love the city, love the payslip, so I’m pretty damn reluctant to strawberry float with that (again).

The deck is definitely stacked against, won’t lie, but strawberry float it just gonna see what happens.

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Moggy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:21 pm

Skarjo wrote:So I met this girl while backpacking through Berlin, and I think I’ve fallen for her hard. Seems to be mutual too. She’s gone back to Ireland to finish uni (er... yea there’s a bit of an age gap there), but we’re talking every day, and late into the night. Falling asleep on the phone, the full works. Now I’m signed in to HK for at least another two years and I don’t really want to leave anytime soon, but I’ve arranged to take her to Madrid in October so we’ll see what happens there.

Probably gonna all end in tears but she’s gorgeous and Irish and woohoo here we go again.


A lot of that sounds very familiar..... :lol:

User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by False » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Just smash and then weigh up options

Image
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Skarjo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:29 pm

False wrote:Just smash and then weigh up options



Deal.

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade's Tortoise
by Ad7 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Jilt this one at the alter too for the bants, it's what stool bloke would do.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Errkal, lex-man, more heat than light, NickSCFC, PuppetBoy, Rightey, Tragic Magic and 49 guests