Squinty wrote:Bannon has been totally gagged by the Whitehouse. The net is closing.
He's agreed to talk to Mueller's team in exchange for not appearing in front of a Grand Jury (yet), so it doesn't really matter what he does or doesn't say to the congressional or senate investigations.
Can't wait for this to drop. I half expect Trump to launch political pocket sand at the world to distract us all from it.
KK wrote:It was the Highly-Anticipated Fake News Awards 2017 last night!
GOP wrote:2017 was a year of unrelenting bias, unfair news coverage, and even downright fake news. Studies have shown that over 90% of the media’s coverage of President Trump is negative.
Below are the winners of the 2017 Fake News Awards.
1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.
2. ABC News' Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report.
3. CNN FALSELY reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.
4. TIME FALSELY reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.
5. Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.
6. CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.
7. CNN FALSELY reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”
8. Newsweek FALSELY reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.
9. CNN FALSELY reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation.
10. The New York Times FALSELY claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.
11. And last, but not least: "RUSSIA COLLUSION!" Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!
Pinching analysis from elsewhere - because why re-write what someone's done well - but to the surprise of no one. It's a gooseberry fool list.
#1 is an editorial. He was wrong. In an editorial. Where he tried to predict the future. This is not fake news, this is being wrong.
#2 has a hilariously misleading graph, it shows a graph of the stock market over a 4 hour period, with the perimeters of the graph set so the top of the graph is the highest it was in that period, and the bottom is the lowest. It also doesn't show the subsequent recovery, which occurred a few hours later. This is like chart manipulation kindergarten. Also, look at the context of this, the stock market dropped because the market believed the President sold out our country to the Russians, that isn't a good thing to even be in the discussion in the first place.
#3 is true, but it isn't fake news, it is a mistake. CNN issued a retraction and an apology, they didn't run it as fact after they knew otherwise, this is actually media ethics, not fake news. Media holding itself accountable is not evidence of a media conspiracy.
#4 same as #3
#5 is actually just a lie. Washington Post never reported anything of the sort. It was posted on the personal twitter feed of an employee, as a satire on the President's actual fake news on the inauguration crowd.
#6 is a complete lie as well, CNN never edited the video, they showed a clip. Arguably it presented the situation out of context, but then the context wasn't very important until right wing trolls jumped on it, because the tone of the article wasn't negative.
And so on.
I think what's interesting is what's not on there. Not the size of his inauguration? Not his lazy work ethic? Not his TV habits? Not his sexual assault habits? Not his horrific interactions with other world leaders? Not his staff calling him moronic etc (or most of Fire and Fury)? etc
Still shows the base level he needs to use to pander to his core supporters..
Seems Trump isn't too happy about this new stance from the White House Chief of Staff:
Kelly calls some of Trump’s campaign pledges on immigration, wall ‘uninformed,’ meeting attendees say
White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly told Democratic lawmakers Wednesday that the United States will never construct a physical wall along the entire stretch of the U.S.-Mexico border and that some of President Trump’s campaign promises on immigration were “uninformed.”
The comments put Kelly at odds with Trump, who repeatedly said during his presidential campaign that he would build a border wall that Mexico would pay for, not U.S. taxpayers. Kelly’s statements also reinforce the chaos and indecision over immigration policy that has plagued the White House for several months since Trump announced the end of an Obama-era program protecting young immigrant “dreamers” in September.