US Politics - Trump cancels summit having to do with North Korea

Our best bits.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Moggy » Thu May 18, 2017 11:54 am

Memento Mori wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hexx wrote:If he gets impeached does he still keep the "President" title for life?
Taking that off him would hurt more than anything.


The only two to be impeached (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton) were acquitted by the Senate so I am not sure if anybody knows that.

I'd imagine it would be a situation where the entire world stops calling him President, but he will refer to himself as President forever.

I think he'd probably resign if it got to that stage. He'd definitely get to keep his title in that case.


I was wondering about that the other day. Nixon resigned to avoid being thrown out of office, but would Trump’s ego allow him to? In his head he would be thinking “I am smarter than them all, the smartest, they would never rule against me. I am making America great again, it’s SAD that anybody thinks they can throw me out. I can beat them. I will show them. Hilary’s emails! Sad! I am tremendous! I will win!”

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Garth » Thu May 18, 2017 12:34 pm


User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Garth » Thu May 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Moggy wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hexx wrote:If he gets impeached does he still keep the "President" title for life?
Taking that off him would hurt more than anything.


The only two to be impeached (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton) were acquitted by the Senate so I am not sure if anybody knows that.

I'd imagine it would be a situation where the entire world stops calling him President, but he will refer to himself as President forever.

I think he'd probably resign if it got to that stage. He'd definitely get to keep his title in that case.


I was wondering about that the other day. Nixon resigned to avoid being thrown out of office, but would Trump’s ego allow him to? In his head he would be thinking “I am smarter than them all, the smartest, they would never rule against me. I am making America great again, it’s SAD that anybody thinks they can throw me out. I can beat them. I will show them. Hilary’s emails! Sad! I am tremendous! I will win!”


Saw this on CNN last night, pretty interesting look into the mind of Trump:


User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Garth » Thu May 18, 2017 12:50 pm

He's tweeting again:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Moggy » Thu May 18, 2017 12:52 pm

The one thing I don't understand is why they haven't taken his phone off of him. :lol:

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Garth » Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

He's surrounded by yes men, and people are afraid to tell him what to do. According to White House sources, it seems they try to divert his attention to other (generally more Trump-positive) things instead.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Hexx » Thu May 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Garth wrote:He's surrounded by yes men, and people are afraid to tell him what to do. According to White House sources, it seems they try to divert his attention to other (generally more Trump-positive) things instead.


Rllmuk says he's got a press conference today as well

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Garth » Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 pm


User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Alvin Flummux » Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Garth wrote:


Said the Birther. :lol:

One day, I know we'll meet again, under the Iron Sky...
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Garth » Thu May 18, 2017 1:00 pm



Typical :fp:

Fox News has a scary amount of influence over him.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Alvin Flummux » Thu May 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Republican congressman (and probable loser in next year's midterms) Darrell Issa ordered the IRS to watch conservative and liberal groups more closely, an action entirely within their remit anyway.

Not sure about F&F though, but that seems like small potatoes compared to Comrade Trumpski's Gotten To Adventureland.

One day, I know we'll meet again, under the Iron Sky...
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Drumstick » Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Garth wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Moggy » Thu May 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Garth wrote:


Said the Birther. :lol:


The other day he said no politician had ever been treated as badly as he had been. Which resulted in a hell of a lot of people pointing out the assassinated Presidents.

Now he is claiming it is the greatest witch hunt, despite (as you said) he himself being one of the main proponents of the ridiculous birther witch hunts.

:lol:

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Photek » Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Oh s*** Trump is pished as FOOK over the special counsel....excellent stuff. :D

MSNBC is also beating Fox News in ratings at the moment which is unheard of, essentially because Fox are ignoring the sh*t storm that's happening at the moment.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/17/media/fox-news-msnbc-cnn-trump-ratings/index.html?sr=twCNN051817fox-news-msnbc-cnn-trump-ratings1210AMVODtopPhoto&linkId=37708913

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Hexx » Thu May 18, 2017 1:38 pm

I liked this sum up of events from a person on rllmuk

"well beyond his capacity to understand and outside of his capability to control"

User avatar
Irene Demova
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Irene Demova » Thu May 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Roger Ailes has died

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Garth » Thu May 18, 2017 1:46 pm


User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Kanbei » Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Roger Ailes has died!!!

What the hell will happen next?!?!

User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Special Counsel Appointed for Independent Russia Investigation
by Jazzem » Thu May 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Moggy wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Garth wrote:


Said the Birther. :lol:


The other day he said no politician had ever been treated as badly as he had been. Which resulted in a hell of a lot of people pointing out the assassinated Presidents.

Now he is claiming it is the greatest witch hunt, despite (as you said) he himself being one of the main proponents of the ridiculous birther witch hunts.

:lol:


The schadenfreude this is allowing us is wonderful :'D

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The American Politics Thread - Fox News founder Roger Ailes dead
by Moggy » Thu May 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Can American liberals now start some conspiracy theories that Trump had Roger Ailes killed to avoid him spilling the beans on dodgy Trump dealings?


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests