US Politics - Comey memos released to press

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Squinty » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks Obama Trump.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Saint of Killers » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:50 pm

Christmas Name Change wrote:
Tell Karl his brother is dead wrote:
$ilva $hadow wrote:hand on heart, which suicide bomber and mass shooter is turning out any other religion than islam when religious motivations are at hand? None.

The highest rate of LGBT killings per capita is arguably in Brazil. The Protestant terrorist group Army of God conducted a shooting in Colorado Springs in 2015. Sri Lanka's Buddhist terrorist organisation Bodu Bala Sena incited anti-Muslim riots in 2014. A Hindu 'paramilitary' organisation Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh bombed a Sufi shrine in 2007. The Christian cult Lord's Resistance Army killed thousands and trafficked children for sex in the late 2000s. The East Asian mystical sect Aum Shinrikyo was behind the sarin gas attack in Tokyo in 1995. Fundamentalist Orthodox Jewish terror organisation Revolt was behind anti-Palestinian arson attacks in 2015. The Sikh radical group Khalistan Commando Force assassinated Indian politician Beant Singh in 1995. I could go on...?


I enjoyed this post.
Knowledge beats ignorance every day of the week.


+1: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... st-secrets (Racist murders long overlooked which only came to light because surviving members revealed themselves to the police.) It's a long read. Audio version of article here: https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/ ... ts-podcast

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by lex-man » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Trump is the diplomatic equivalent of walking into a pub and deliberately finding the biggest bloke in the room and throwing his pint in his face.
Then saying it's fake news and and complaining when he gets beaten senseless.


This is the best description of Trump I've ever heard.

User avatar
$ilva $hadow
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by $ilva $hadow » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:16 am

Christmas Name Change wrote:
Tell Karl his brother is dead wrote:
$ilva $hadow wrote:hand on heart, which suicide bomber and mass shooter is turning out any other religion than islam when religious motivations are at hand? None.

The highest rate of LGBT killings per capita is arguably in Brazil. The Protestant terrorist group Army of God conducted a shooting in Colorado Springs in 2015. Sri Lanka's Buddhist terrorist organisation Bodu Bala Sena incited anti-Muslim riots in 2014. A Hindu 'paramilitary' organisation Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh bombed a Sufi shrine in 2007. The Christian cult Lord's Resistance Army killed thousands and trafficked children for sex in the late 2000s. The East Asian mystical sect Aum Shinrikyo was behind the sarin gas attack in Tokyo in 1995. Fundamentalist Orthodox Jewish terror organisation Revolt was behind anti-Palestinian arson attacks in 2015. The Sikh radical group Khalistan Commando Force assassinated Indian politician Beant Singh in 1995. I could go on...?


I enjoyed this post.
Knowledge beats ignorance every day of the week.



Islam doing that gooseberry fool do non muslims all day every day in muslim countries. What you just pointed out is exactly the problem, religion. Islam is still worse.

Knowledge indeed does beat ignorance every day of the week. Thanks for pointing out religion is a shitstain cancer.

Shall we move on to islamic acts of terror and violence while we talk about current issues, or shall we go look for witch trials by christians for every 9/11 event?

:lol: Knowledge over ignorance, what shitty subtle attempt at a jab.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by KK » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:29 am

WASHINGTON — An Obama administration proposal that would have required airlines disclose checked and carry-on bag fees at the start of a ticket purchase rather than later is being dropped by the Department of Transportation.

The department said in a notice posted online Thursday that it is withdrawing the proposed rule, along with a second, early-stage rulemaking to force airlines to disclose more information about their revenue from fees charged for extra services, because the rules would have been “of limited public benefit.”

Work on the proposals was frozen shortly after President Donald Trump took office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... a58ab63406

No thing too small.

Image
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Karl » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:18 am

$ilva $hadow wrote:Islam is still worse.

Maybe we see a higher prevalence of Islamic terrorism because huge numbers of its adherents live in the Middle-East and North Africa, which are by many metrics really shitty places to live? And on top of that because it's the world's second most popular religion, so there is bound to be a higher volume of nutters by sheer numbers? This seems to be a more likely explanation than "because they're Muslim lol".

You think you're making some kind of edgy tough-truth point but it doesn't seem to be well supported by data or even cursory analysis. Strongly holding beliefs based on your gut feelings and 'common sense' even when people you presumably otherwise like or respect are calling you ridiculous... sounds pretty religious to me. Maybe you should up your own rationalism game before you have a go at Muslims.

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Green Gecko » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:31 am

Karl is sciencing the gooseberry fool out of this thread about Our President.

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by The Watching Artist » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:28 am

Karl :wub:
Science :wub:

Image
User avatar
After Christmas Name Change
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by After Christmas Name Change » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:32 pm

$ilva $hadow wrote::lol: Knowledge over ignorance, what shitty subtle attempt at a jab.

I wasn't attempting subtlety. Your behaviour is ignorant.

You were presented with evidence that contradicts your own opinion and chose to disregard it. Which suggests that the views you hold are beliefs rather than opinions.

Ironically, I'm sure you and I would agree that this is a problem among some religious groups.

Where behaviour is abhorrent, criticise, but treating an entire group so despicably because of the actions of a tiny minority is a disgusting, ignorant thing to do.

Jab jab.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by KK » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:54 pm

One of the lead...erm, well I don't know what you call them (snaps?) from Esquire on Snapchat. Some interesting stats:

Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Peter Crisp » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 pm

I have no faith that the US will ever see common sense gun legislation as the 2nd amendment fans will always cry foul at new gun regulations no matter how many are killed each year.
Just a casual google search shows 13,268 people died in 2015 because of guns and if that number doesn't give them pause to think letting everyone have guns is maybe not a good idea then I don't think any number will.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Lagamorph » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:I have no faith that the US will ever see common sense gun legislation as the 2nd amendment fans will always cry foul at new gun regulations no matter how many are killed each year.
Just a casual google search shows 13,268 people died in 2015 because of guns and if that number doesn't give them pause to think letting everyone have guns is maybe not a good idea then I don't think any number will.

What's telling is the response that the proposed answer to gun crime is for more people to have guns.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Alvin Flummux » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:09 am

Lastpostamorph wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:I have no faith that the US will ever see common sense gun legislation as the 2nd amendment fans will always cry foul at new gun regulations no matter how many are killed each year.
Just a casual google search shows 13,268 people died in 2015 because of guns and if that number doesn't give them pause to think letting everyone have guns is maybe not a good idea then I don't think any number will.

What's telling is the response that the proposed answer to gun crime is for more people to have guns.


That's what you get when you have decades of NRA propaganda, with very little in the way of research and studies to act as a viable counter, from the scientific community. That's mainly due to the study of gun crime/ownership being banned at the NRA's behest in the mid-1990s, and only recently was that ban lifted by the Obama administration. I mean, yeah, we have statistics on death counts and such, but much more meaningful research was stifled or prevented entirely. It'll be a long time before balance is restored - if it ever is. It would not surprise me at all if Trump reinstates the prohibition.

Send me a postcard when you get to where you're going...
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Moggy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:01 pm



:lol:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Preezy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Who is she again?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Moggy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Preezy wrote:Who is she again?


A Poundshop Katie Hopkins.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by KK » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:50 pm

Better looking though.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by KK » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 am


Image
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by lex-man » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:

:lol:



How much do they spend on flags. You can buy them off Amazon for a couple of quid each.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: US Politics - Mueller subpoenas Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts
by Garth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:19 pm





Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcd, Brerlappin, Cuttooth, Denster, Lime, Mafro, OrangeRakoon, Parksey, Pedz, Preezy, Rax, Return_of_the_STAR, Robbo-92, shy guy 64, Yoshimi and 53 guests