US Politics - Trump cancels summit having to do with North Korea

Our best bits.
User avatar
Tineash
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Tineash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Hexx wrote:He's just the week started down the "white's are the truly discriminated against" route. In America.


White grievance has been the implicit platform of the Republicans since Goldwater. Trump has made it more explicit, that is all.

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by lex-man » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:54 pm

Hexx wrote:He's just the week started down the "white's are the truly discriminated against" route. In America.


What did he say?

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Memento Mori » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Mueller's called up a grand jury.


A special counsel investigating claims of Russian meddling in the US election has reportedly impanelled a grand jury.

The reports by Wall Street Journal and Reuters news agency suggest Robert Mueller's inquiry is stepping up.

Reuters reports the jury has issued subpoenas over a June 2016 meeting between President Donald Trump's son and a Russian lawyer.


And so it begins. :datass:

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Cuttooth » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 pm

The Senate is preparing a bipartisan bill to stop Trump from being able to directly fire Mueller. :o

Between this and the embarrassing climbdown on the wall with Mexico are we finally heading toward the end times of this strawberry floating disaster?

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:47 am

Cuttooth wrote:The Senate is preparing a bipartisan bill to stop Trump from being able to directly fire Mueller. :o

Between this and the embarrassing climbdown on the wall with Mexico are we finally heading toward the end times of this strawberry floating disaster?


The end of the Trump Train-Wreck is just the beginning of Pence's Pernicious Perambulation.

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Rightey » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:25 am

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:The Senate is preparing a bipartisan bill to stop Trump from being able to directly fire Mueller. :o

Between this and the embarrassing climbdown on the wall with Mexico are we finally heading toward the end times of this strawberry floating disaster?


The end of the Trump Train-Wreck is just the beginning of Pence's Pernicious Perambulation.


I personally prefer, Pence's Pretty Poor Presidency.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Garth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:39 am


User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by captain red dog » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:59 am

It's literally everyday we get a new revelation. Surely this can't go on much longer despite how entertaining it all is!

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Cuttooth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:09 pm

If anyone's interested in just how unsuitable the US Constitution is to a president like Trump I'd suggest listening to the What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law podcast, by Roman Mars (99% Invisible).

It's a really good look at just how tenuous the system is, dependant so much on voters approving actually competent people instead of the likes of Trump.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Preezy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:12 pm

I just imagine Trump's face whilst reading that Newsweek article

Image

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Garth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Donald Trump 'to take 17-day golf trip' despite saying he rarely takes holidays
The President has previously claimed that 'most of the people I know that are successful really don't take vacations'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 75316.html



User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Trump wouldn't read that article, he'd have an underling summarize its most Trump-friendly bits.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Moggy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Garth wrote:
Donald Trump 'to take 17-day golf trip' despite saying he rarely takes holidays
The President has previously claimed that 'most of the people I know that are successful really don't take vacations'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 75316.html




There must be one issue, policy or statement that Trump can say without there being an old Tweet of his that contradicts it. :slol:

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by captain red dog » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Cuttooth wrote:If anyone's interested in just how unsuitable the US Constitution is to a president like Trump I'd suggest listening to the What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law podcast, by Roman Mars (99% Invisible).

It's a really good look at just how tenuous the system is, dependant so much on voters approving actually competent people instead of the likes of Trump.

Well actually so far I think the US government system has worked almost perfectly. His executive orders that broke the law have been blocked and he has been able to get through almost nothing aside from minor executive orders. Even the US military Trans ban hasn't been put in place (it was literally just some meaningless tweets, despite ether idiocy of the move).

If all he can get through are some minor executive orders, I'd say that's largely a successful job for the Dems and Reps that oppose him.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Cuttooth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:05 pm

captain red dog wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:If anyone's interested in just how unsuitable the US Constitution is to a president like Trump I'd suggest listening to the What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law podcast, by Roman Mars (99% Invisible).

It's a really good look at just how tenuous the system is, dependant so much on voters approving actually competent people instead of the likes of Trump.

Well actually so far I think the US government system has worked almost perfectly. His executive orders that broke the law have been blocked and he has been able to get through almost nothing aside from minor executive orders. Even the US military Trans ban hasn't been put in place (it was literally just some meaningless tweets, despite ether idiocy of the move).

If all he can get through are some minor executive orders, I'd say that's largely a successful job for the Dems and Reps that oppose him.

The Presidency is about much more than that. Just the statements he makes alone on all kinds of subjects have more legal weight to them because he's the president. He's going around with the mentality that because he's President of the United States he can do what he likes, in many cases that being true is a legal grey area where unwritten assumptions about what the character of the president is supposed to be have held true for so long.

How much can he threaten to withhold federal funding to sanctuary cities for instance? How exactly can he use his presidential pardon powers that he's hinted at using? Is he using his hiring and firing powers in a constitutional way?

It highlights how atypical a president he truly is and how his presidency should never ever be normalised.

EDIT - Anyway here's the link for anyone interested.

https://trumpconlaw.com/

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Garth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 pm

DOJ warns the media could be targeted in crackdown on leaks

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Friday announced a government-wide crackdown on leakers, which will include a review of the Justice Department’s policies on subpoenas for media outlets that publish sensitive information.



At a press conference with Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, Sessions announced that the Justice Department, FBI and government intelligence agencies will direct more resources into the investigations of government leaks and would prioritize prosecuting those that pass sensitive information along to the press or foreign officials.



Sessions said he had empowered his deputy director Rod Rosenstein and incoming FBI director Christopher Wray to oversee the classified leaks investigations and to monitor the progress of each case.

The national security division of the Justice Department will prioritize cases involving unauthorized disclosures, Sessions said, and the departments “will not hesitate to bring lawful and appropriate criminal charges against those who abuse the public trust.”



Sessions said his Justice Department has already tripled the number of active leak investigations over the previous administration, and that the FBI would create a new counterintelligence unit to manage the cases.



In addition, Sessions said that after meeting with FBI and intelligence investigators, the Justice Department would review its policies affecting media subpoenas.



“We respect the important role the press plays and we’ll give them respect, but it’s not unlimited,” Sessions said. “They cannot place lives at risk with impunity. We must balance the press’ role with protecting our national security and the lives of those who serve in the intelligence community, the Armed Forces and all law-abiding Americans.”


President Trump has been pushing Sessions to be more aggressive in prosecuting illegal government leaks, which have bedeviled the administration from the start.



http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... n-on-leaks

I wonder if they'd be mad enough to start locking up journalists over leaks...

Republican donor sues GOP for fraud over ObamaCare repeal failure:
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... are-repeal

:lol:

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by lex-man » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Cuttooth wrote:
captain red dog wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:If anyone's interested in just how unsuitable the US Constitution is to a president like Trump I'd suggest listening to the What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law podcast, by Roman Mars (99% Invisible).

It's a really good look at just how tenuous the system is, dependant so much on voters approving actually competent people instead of the likes of Trump.

Well actually so far I think the US government system has worked almost perfectly. His executive orders that broke the law have been blocked and he has been able to get through almost nothing aside from minor executive orders. Even the US military Trans ban hasn't been put in place (it was literally just some meaningless tweets, despite ether idiocy of the move).

If all he can get through are some minor executive orders, I'd say that's largely a successful job for the Dems and Reps that oppose him.

The Presidency is about much more than that. Just the statements he makes alone on all kinds of subjects have more legal weight to them because he's the president. He's going around with the mentality that because he's President of the United States he can do what he likes, in many cases that being true is a legal grey area where unwritten assumptions about what the character of the president is supposed to be have held true for so long.

How much can he threaten to withhold federal funding to sanctuary cities for instance? How exactly can he use his presidential pardon powers that he's hinted at using? Is he using his hiring and firing powers in a constitutional way?

It highlights how atypical a president he truly is and how his presidency should never ever be normalised.

EDIT - Anyway here's the link for anyone interested.

https://trumpconlaw.com/


The main problem is that the president seems to be largely above the law. The US system has held up remarkably well all things considered, though. I have been listening to trumpconlaw.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Saint of Killers » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Mix Master McMaster treading on thin ice.
'A good man, very pro-Israel': Trump defends McMaster from far-right snipers
- Terse statement follows attacks from bloggers and Breitbart and firings of three White House officials known to be allies of senior adviser Steve Bannon

The president put out a short statement on Friday night which described McMaster as a “good man”, and said they were “working very well together”. But by Trump’s standards it was a terse statement, unlikely to stem the flow of invective from the president’s own hardline supporters or resolve the factional conflict inside the White House.

...

Many of the attacks have come through the Breitbart News website, which was run until last August by Trump’s in-house ideologue, Stephen Bannon. Breitbart stories described McMaster as “increasingly volatile” and said he “frequent blows his top”. Another headline said he was “deeply hostile to Israel and to Trump”.

Breitbart’s report on Trump’s statement said the president had “defied his base” in defending his national security adviser, who it described as “globalist”, an insult from the point of view of the “alt-right”.

...

The three sackings were Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the national security council (NSC) senior director for intelligence programmes; Derek Harvey, the NSC senior director for the Middle East; and Rich Higgins, the director for strategic planning.

Higgins was fired after circulating a memo, published by the Atlantic, that argued the Trump presidency was under attack from subversive forces including “globalists” and Islamists allied to “cultural Marxists” employing “Maoist tactics”.

McMaster also enraged the right by his assent to the renewal of a security clearance for Obama administration’s national security adviser, Susan Rice.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -breitbart


Please, sack Bannon before you're booted. If you can't sack him sock him. Right in his jowly, unshaven, mush.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Preezy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:06 pm

Bannon always looks like he's either just woken up or just got off a 10 hour flight. Very unkempt and scruffy individual.

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: US Politics - Trump's calls with foreign leaders leaked + Trump launches 'Real News' propaganda vids
by Garth » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:10 pm

He looks like a raging alcoholic.


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests