US Politics - Trump cancels summit having to do with North Korea

Our best bits.
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by lex-man » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Has anyone seen this?


Scientists say they have discovered why people voted for Donald Trump and Brexit.
Psychologists and political scientists at the universities of Kent, Warsaw and Maryland say voters are more likely to opt fro populist ideologies when they feel disadvantaged.
These could be ideas that speak to the average person, such as those promised by the US president and campaigners who want the UK to leave the European Union.


https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scientists-th ... 52090.html

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Ironhide » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Moggy wrote:

:lol:


Brilliant :lol:

Image
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by lex-man » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:16 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Moggy wrote:

:lol:


Brilliant :lol:


When we see others as the enemy, we risk becoming what we hate. When we oppress others, we end up oppressing ourselves. All of our humanity is dependent upon recognizing the humanity in others.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Squinty » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:19 am

That tweet is proof that someone should shut the strawberry float up because they don't have a clue what specific words mean.

I'm starting to hate terminology like this. It just becomes a bunch of words and I heavily doubt that the person using them has a full understanding of them.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Moggy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:32 am

lex-man wrote:
When we see others as the enemy, we risk becoming what we hate. When we oppress others, we end up oppressing ourselves. All of our humanity is dependent upon recognizing the humanity in others.


Image

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Squinty » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:39 am

:lol:

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:12 am

lex-man wrote:Has anyone seen this?


Scientists say they have discovered why people voted for Donald Trump and Brexit.
Psychologists and political scientists at the universities of Kent, Warsaw and Maryland say voters are more likely to opt fro populist ideologies when they feel disadvantaged.
These could be ideas that speak to the average person, such as those promised by the US president and campaigners who want the UK to leave the European Union.


https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scientists-th ... 52090.html


That's not exactly rocket science. Same thing happens time and time again.

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Moggy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:20 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
lex-man wrote:Has anyone seen this?


Scientists say they have discovered why people voted for Donald Trump and Brexit.
Psychologists and political scientists at the universities of Kent, Warsaw and Maryland say voters are more likely to opt fro populist ideologies when they feel disadvantaged.
These could be ideas that speak to the average person, such as those promised by the US president and campaigners who want the UK to leave the European Union.


https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scientists-th ... 52090.html


That's not exactly rocket science. Same thing happens time and time again.


It’s a very easy thing to do. There’s no need to actually spend time and money on sorting out the underlying problems, just blame the newcomers.

Schrödinger’s Immigrant = simultaneously stealing your job while being too lazy to work.

User avatar
Irene Demova
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Irene Demova » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:10 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
lex-man wrote:Has anyone seen this?


Scientists say they have discovered why people voted for Donald Trump and Brexit.
Psychologists and political scientists at the universities of Kent, Warsaw and Maryland say voters are more likely to opt fro populist ideologies when they feel disadvantaged.
These could be ideas that speak to the average person, such as those promised by the US president and campaigners who want the UK to leave the European Union.


https://uk.news.yahoo.com/scientists-th ... 52090.html


That's not exactly rocket science. Same thing happens time and time again.

It's also a super loose definition of populist, which the journal defines as pretty much any platform that promises major change.

Like no gooseberry fool stuff is popular if the only political stance you don't consider populism is upholding the status quo

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $10 million reward for info on Trump
by Moggy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:40 am

Moggy wrote:

What are the odds that the documents he releases show Hillary on the grassy knoll? :slol:


So after boasting that he was going to release them, even though they were due for release anyway, he ended up blocking the full release.

Is there anything this man doesn’t lie about? :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41771923

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Squinty » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:22 am

He's a total moron for leading people on. They were never going to be able to release everything to the public.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by KK » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:13 pm

In this video Donald Trump tells some kids in Halloween garb 'at least you don't have a weight problem' as he hands out sweets and then starts talking about the media and the press...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-c ... r-treaters

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 pm

:lol: Typical old man.

Hardcore History & Common Sense's Dan Carlin on Trump, from close to the start of the year:



Full interview:


User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: US Politics - Trump in Twitter fight with Senator Bob Corker
by Garth » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:16 am

Guys! :shock:

First charges filed in Mueller investigation

A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

A spokesman for the special counsel's office declined to comment.

Mueller was appointed in May to lead the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Under the regulations governing special counsel investigations, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who has oversight over the Russia investigation, would have been made aware of any charges before they were taken before the grand jury for approval, according to people familiar with the matter.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/27/polit ... index.html

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - First charges filed in FBI's Russia investigation!
by Monkey Man » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:48 am

Flynn or Manafort? I'm going with Manafort.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: US Politics - First charges filed in FBI's Russia investigation!
by Photek » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:25 am

Flynn or both I reckon.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - First charges filed in FBI's Russia investigation!
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:25 am

I'm sure Trump will hand out pardons, unless the crimes are state, not federal.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - First charges filed in FBI's Russia investigation!
by lex-man » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:13 am

Alvin Flummux wrote:I'm sure Trump will hand out pardons, unless the crimes are state, not federal.


He can't pardon crimes at state level. Presumably that's why they are prosecuting at state level.

User avatar
Harry Ola
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - First charges filed in FBI's Russia investigation!
by Harry Ola » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:15 am

Please let the first indictment by Donny Jr. :toot:

With this news I wonder if we are going to get a weekend of twitter meltdowns or better yet, Donny is going to do something utterly outlandish and start firing people. :shock:

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - First charges filed in FBI's Russia investigation!
by Moggy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:18 am

Harry Ola wrote:Please let the first indictment by Donny Jr. :toot:

With this news I wonder if we are going to get a weekend of twitter meltdowns or better yet, Donny is going to do something utterly outlandish and start firing people. :shock:


I think he’s expecting Hillary to be the person indicted. ;)



Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests