US Politics - Trump cancels summit having to do with North Korea

Our best bits.
User avatar
Harry Ola
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics
by Harry Ola » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:24 pm

I sure hope this is true:



And if you ever need to cheer yourself up, read this article by Rick Wilson. He's a conservative, but I think's fair to say not one of the Trump ones!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-cracks-the-seal-on-talk-of-treason?source=twitter&via=mobile

As a conservative, I see him as a statist abomination, a plump, be-wattled authoritarian-wannabe man-baby with the intellectual horsepower of a toaster oven.

One thing we've learned in the last two years is that no legal, moral or cultural strictures bind Trump and that he is immune to the better angels of human nature. The moral event horizon around him consumes the good in anyone who becomes one of his vassals. There is no better version of Trump, ever. He can only degrade and destroy everything he touches, but today was remarkable, even for him.

Image
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics
by lex-man » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Harry Ola wrote:I sure hope this is true:



And if you ever need to cheer yourself up, read this article by Rick Wilson. He's a conservative, but I think's fair to say not one of the Trump ones!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-cracks-the-seal-on-talk-of-treason?source=twitter&via=mobile

As a conservative, I see him as a statist abomination, a plump, be-wattled authoritarian-wannabe man-baby with the intellectual horsepower of a toaster oven.

One thing we've learned in the last two years is that no legal, moral or cultural strictures bind Trump and that he is immune to the better angels of human nature. The moral event horizon around him consumes the good in anyone who becomes one of his vassals. There is no better version of Trump, ever. He can only degrade and destroy everything he touches, but today was remarkable, even for him.


I actually think that article might be the harshest thing I've ever read about Trump.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics
by KK » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:31 pm

Justin Trudeau interrupts a woman to mansplain 'mankind'

'Justin Trudeau knows how to virtue-signal and mansplain at the same time'

Justin Trudeau, the Canadian leader who has declared himself a feminist and oversees a cabinet half-filled with women, has found himself in hot water after he interrupted a young woman to tell her to use the word “peoplekind” rather than mankind.

The Canadian Prime Minister was hosting a Q&A session at MacEwan University in Edmonton, when a young woman from the World Mission Society Church of God, a feminist church founded in South Korea, stood to ask a question about volunteering.

The unidentified woman asked Mr Trudeau whether the Canadian government could ease regulations that limit volunteering with religious organisations.

“So, that’s why we came here today to ask you, to also look into the policies that religious charitable organisations have in our legislation so that it can also be changed because maternal love is the love that’s going to change the future of mankind,” she said, according to the Toronto Sun.

Mr Trudeau stopped her and said: “We like to say peoplekind, not necessarily mankind because it’s more inclusive.”

Continued: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 97776.html


Justin Trudeau is being ridiculed after video emerged of the Canadian leader telling a young woman she should say "peoplekind" instead of "mankind."

The exchange came about during a town hall discussion in Edmonton on Friday when a woman said to the prime minister, "So, that's why we came here today to ask you, to also look into the policies that religious charitable organizations have in our legislation so that it can also be changed because maternal love is the love that's going to change the future of mankind ..."

Many people on social media have been critical of Trudeau for his comment.

"I would say Trudeau is as dumb as a mop but at least you can use the mop to clean up messes," wrote author and political commentator Ben Shapiro.

California economic researcher Erielle Davidson wrote: "Trudeau mansplaining to a young girl not to use the word 'mankind' is peak Leftism."

Trudeau and the Canadian government have been advocating the use of more inclusive language. The Canadian national anthem was modified to include gender-neutral language earlier this year.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/t ... -1.3803087

Someone should have mansplained what a monumental BELL END he looked.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: US Politics
by Return_of_the_STAR » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:58 pm

KK wrote:
Justin Trudeau interrupts a woman to mansplain 'mankind'

'Justin Trudeau knows how to virtue-signal and mansplain at the same time'

Justin Trudeau, the Canadian leader who has declared himself a feminist and oversees a cabinet half-filled with women, has found himself in hot water after he interrupted a young woman to tell her to use the word “peoplekind” rather than mankind.

The Canadian Prime Minister was hosting a Q&A session at MacEwan University in Edmonton, when a young woman from the World Mission Society Church of God, a feminist church founded in South Korea, stood to ask a question about volunteering.

The unidentified woman asked Mr Trudeau whether the Canadian government could ease regulations that limit volunteering with religious organisations.

“So, that’s why we came here today to ask you, to also look into the policies that religious charitable organisations have in our legislation so that it can also be changed because maternal love is the love that’s going to change the future of mankind,” she said, according to the Toronto Sun.

Mr Trudeau stopped her and said: “We like to say peoplekind, not necessarily mankind because it’s more inclusive.”

Continued: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 97776.html


Justin Trudeau is being ridiculed after video emerged of the Canadian leader telling a young woman she should say "peoplekind" instead of "mankind."

The exchange came about during a town hall discussion in Edmonton on Friday when a woman said to the prime minister, "So, that's why we came here today to ask you, to also look into the policies that religious charitable organizations have in our legislation so that it can also be changed because maternal love is the love that's going to change the future of mankind ..."

Many people on social media have been critical of Trudeau for his comment.

"I would say Trudeau is as dumb as a mop but at least you can use the mop to clean up messes," wrote author and political commentator Ben Shapiro.

California economic researcher Erielle Davidson wrote: "Trudeau mansplaining to a young girl not to use the word 'mankind' is peak Leftism."

Trudeau and the Canadian government have been advocating the use of more inclusive language. The Canadian national anthem was modified to include gender-neutral language earlier this year.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/t ... -1.3803087

Someone should have mansplained what a monumental BELL END he looked.


A couple of years ago my supervisor was on a conference calls and was given a dressing down my a female superintendent for using manpower. She said she found it sexist and asked him to apologise and made him use people power instead. Don’t some of these people own a dictionary? Manpower, mankind etc refers to everyone. Are we no longer allowed to use the word woman as that has man in it as well? When he told me the story and how he felt she was right I lost all respect for him.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: US Politics
by Garth » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Peoplekind? :lol:

If 'mankind' is wrong, what about 'humanity'?

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics
by KK » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:20 pm

“That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.” - sexist pig, Neil Armstrong.

From the Mail Comments ...

Must have had a botched circumcision at birth, they took his balls off as well.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics
by Peter Crisp » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 pm

If Trump does end up in prison Fox News is going to go into a meltdown of truly epic proportions and Hannity may just start openly crying on air.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics
by Squinty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 am

That mankind thing is a bit silly.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: US Politics
by Preezy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:31 am

KK wrote:the World Mission Society Church of God, a feminist church founded in South Korea

Yes, because religion is well known for pushing equality of the sexes :lol:

I'd love to read their manifesto/mission statement.

Image
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: US Politics
by captain red dog » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:37 am

Justin Trudeau just reminds me of Blair too much. He knows exactly what to say or do to appeal to a certain demographic, but occasionally the veil slips and you can see the slimy politician he really is.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics
by Hexx » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:43 am

Trudeau has a much better bum

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics
by Rocsteady » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:43 am

Good boxer though. I love some of the alt-right comments saying what a pussy he is when he'd probably kick strawberry float out of most of them.

Not that that makes him a good PM.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics
by KK » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 am

Saw this in the comments on Breitbart:

Oh cmon, men from no other country in the world can compare to the manly men from the southern USA! They even fack their moms and sisters for God's sake!! The call the Pope a muslim!! They believe in "alternative facts"!! They think that a thrice married known womanizer with a history of lying and ripping people off is the reincarnation of Jesus!! There are men, and then there are SOUTHERN MEN!!

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics
by Moggy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:12 am

KK wrote:Saw this in the comments on Breitbart:

Oh cmon, people from no other country in the world can compare to the peoplely people from the southern USA! They even fack their parents and siblings for God's sake!! The call the Pope a muslim!! They believe in "alternative facts"!! They think that a thrice married known peopleizer with a history of lying and ripping people off is the reincarnation of Jesus!! There are people, and then there are SOUTHERN PEOPLE!!


FTFY

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics
by Squinty » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:14 am

Moggy wrote:
KK wrote:Saw this in the comments on Breitbart:

Oh cmon, people from no other country in the world can compare to the peoplely people from the southern USA! They even fack their parents and siblings for God's sake!! The call the Pope a muslim!! They believe in "alternative facts"!! They think that a thrice married known peopleizer with a history of lying and ripping people off is the reincarnation of Jesus!! There are people, and then there are SOUTHERN PEOPLE!!


FTFY


Image

User avatar
Harry Ola
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics
by Harry Ola » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:48 am


Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics
by Hexx » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:41 pm

What the hell is Trump's hair? A combaround?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/ ... _hair_day/

From the comments there's also this - top 100 descriptions of Trump's hair

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

:lol:

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics
by Rex Kramer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Hexx wrote:What the hell is Trump's hair? A combaround?

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/ ... _hair_day/

From the comments there's also this - top 100 descriptions of Trump's hair

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

:lol:

10. The furrowed wake that a speedboat would leave on a lake of orange sherbet

:lol:

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics
by KK » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:54 pm


Image
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics
by Cuttooth » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:05 pm



I do wonder whether it’s just known in intelligence circles that the 2016 result is illegitimate but the consequences of admitting so are just too dire.


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests