Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Photek » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:01 am

Samuel_1 wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Photek wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Where do you get the circular saw??

Finish it in under 4hrs I think

Aye. For my second run-through the game I did a sub 4 hour, no more than three heals, no more than three item box uses run on easy mode.

Sub 4 hour completion gets you the circular saw and X-Ray specs.

4 hours!!? How long did it take on your first play through?

Took me over 13 hours. :shifty:
Image
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Samuel_1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:14 am

Photek wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Photek wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Where do you get the circular saw??

Finish it in under 4hrs I think

Aye. For my second run-through the game I did a sub 4 hour, no more than three heals, no more than three item box uses run on easy mode.

Sub 4 hour completion gets you the circular saw and X-Ray specs.

4 hours!!? How long did it take on your first play through?

Took me over 13 hours. :shifty:

That's more like it, still short compared to Resi 4 though :(
Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Albear » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Gandalf wrote:
Albear wrote:This is great, but im finding it really tough!
Im looking for 3 dog heads to open a door, and when i go downstairs i keep running into those moulded fellas who seem to take a load of bullets to take down. i seem to always run out of bullets and get eaten.

any tips?


With Molded, try to block (LB) when they lunge and dodge where you can. Should you need to fire your gun, headshots are key. Or try to take out their limbs to slow them down. Shooting at the torso is a bullet sponge, so don't waste your ammo.


cheers. I did try blocking but they do seem to take a lot of health off. I think maybe I need to just run away a bit more rather than fighting them all. Especially the one in the mortuary with the big arm. He kicked my ass.

enjoying this though. Has proper made me jump a few times now.
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Memento Mori » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Photek wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Where do you get the circular saw??

Finish it in under 4hrs I think

Aye. For my second run-through the game I did a sub 4 hour, no more than three heals, no more than three item box uses run on easy mode.

Sub 4 hour completion gets you the circular saw and X-Ray specs.

4 hours!!? How long did it take on your first play through?

The speedrun was actually like 2 hours 45 or something. :datass: That was easy mode though with post game unlocks. My first completion on normal was like 9 hours twenty IIRC.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Hexx » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:28 am

Anyone (PS4) played Banned Footage 2? Any more substainial than 1 (or less cut out of main game)

Still wavering on the pass...
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Albear » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:07 am

OK someone's going to need to help me out here.

I'm currently at the part where you are looking for 3 dogs heads in order to open a door. (I have 2 already)

My save point is a small room at the top of some stairs. When you do down the stairs you meet the Moulded (maybe the first time you meet them)

So far, there are

1 Moulded in the mouldy corridor
1 Moulded in the Crematorium
1 Moulded in the room with the scorpion key
1 Moulded that comes out the wall in the mouldy corridor
2 moulded in the bath room
4 moulded in the Boiler room

Once I get past all of that, I then end up in a boss fight, die then repeat.

I really don't get why I am struggling so much with this game so early on, whilst others seem to just progress with no issues. At least 10 of those mouldy strawberry floaters, and even if you shoot them perfectly that's at least 30 bullets.

2 questions

1) am I supposed to have a shotgun at this point? I seem to find a load of ammo but no gun (I had to put the shotgun back as the door locks when I pick it up)
2) How do you beat the boss? I kicked a hanging body at him and he stumbled. That's about it.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Brerlappin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:15 am

You dont need the shotgun for the boss. It does help tho. I cant remember where, but there is a broken shotgun in the house that you can swop for the working one. For the boss, he has 2 stages. When you drop in just blat blat him with pistol/shotgun rounds for a bit, and hell collapse, before going and grabbing himself a super weapon. There is a chainsaw you can pick up in the same room he gets his super weapon. Use this to kill him. Anung pointed out a very useful strategy is yo can actually crouch to avoid his big attacks and then you get free chainsaw attacks on his feet. Its not a very good boss fight and doesn't give you much feedback that you're actually pursuing the correct strategy, but rest assured as long as you are hitting him with the chainsaw/gun, he will die. Theres no trick to beating him, but it does feel that way at first.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Brerlappin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:17 am

Hexx wrote:Anyone (PS4) played Banned Footage 2? Any more substainial than 1 (or less cut out of main game)

Still wavering on the pass...


Reports on Gaf seemed to be negative, said banned footage 1 was much better.
User avatar
Gandalf
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Gandalf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:30 am

Albear wrote:OK someone's going to need to help me out here.

I'm currently at the part where you are looking for 3 dogs heads in order to open a door. (I have 2 already)

My save point is a small room at the top of some stairs. When you do down the stairs you meet the Moulded (maybe the first time you meet them)

So far, there are

1 Moulded in the mouldy corridor
1 Moulded in the Crematorium
1 Moulded in the room with the scorpion key
1 Moulded that comes out the wall in the mouldy corridor
2 moulded in the bath room
4 moulded in the Boiler room

Once I get past all of that, I then end up in a boss fight, die then repeat.

I really don't get why I am struggling so much with this game so early on, whilst others seem to just progress with no issues. At least 10 of those mouldy strawberry floaters, and even if you shoot them perfectly that's at least 30 bullets.

2 questions

1) am I supposed to have a shotgun at this point? I seem to find a load of ammo but no gun (I had to put the shotgun back as the door locks when I pick it up)
2) How do you beat the boss? I kicked a hanging body at him and he stumbled. That's about it.


Have you got the Scorpion key yet? If so head to second floor and go to granny's room. A broken shotgun is in the spare room along with ammo I think?
User avatar
Gandalf
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Gandalf » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:32 am

Brerlappin wrote:You dont need the shotgun for the boss. It does help tho. I cant remember where, but there is a broken shotgun in the house that you can swop for the working one. For the boss, he has 2 stages. When you drop in just blat blat him with pistol/shotgun rounds for a bit, and hell collapse, before going and grabbing himself a super weapon. There is a chainsaw you can pick up in the same room he gets his super weapon. Use this to kill him. Anung pointed out a very useful strategy is yo can actually crouch to avoid his big attacks and then you get free chainsaw attacks on his feet. Its not a very good boss fight and doesn't give you much feedback that you're actually pursuing the correct strategy, but rest assured as long as you are hitting him with the chainsaw/gun, he will die. Theres no trick to beating him, but it does feel that way at first.


Also use the meat sacks to knock him off balance.
User avatar
mic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by mic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:48 am

I don't get the hate for jack - I think it was one of the game's high points. Do we have the right to demand feedback in 2017? Okay, it might not be INSTANTLY obvious what to do, but with instant restart it really shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 tries to work it out.

The bit where he gets it in the head? I haven't felt that way for a long, long time.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Hexx » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:49 am

You have a key to Granny's room now - you can get the Broken Shotgun from there.
Take the working Shotgun and replace with Broken one so the door doesn't shut.

Yeah you've met Moulded now - headshots are quickest way.

With the boss - dodge personally. You can knock with bags, but I found that more of a hassle. His attack pattern is very basic/limited and quick dashs to the side/past him work.
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Memento Mori » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:27 am

I wouldn't even fight the moulded. Run past all the ones you can.
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Albear » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:14 am

Brill, thank you all, that's actually all very useful info. I have just got the Scorpion key so will go grab the broken shotgun, do a switcheroo and then see if I fair better with the bigger gun.

When people mention dodging, is there actually a dodge mechanic that I am unaware of, or are we just referring to running around them etc?

Despite being stuck in the same bit for the past few days I have been really enjoying this. It feels like they have taken the Farmhouse bit from RE4 and really expanded on them. It just all feels very dynamic if that makes sense.
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Memento Mori » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:24 am

You can sometimes dodge high attacks by crouching but there's not an actual dodge button. Just run around them. You shouldn't be killing anything in the generator room for example, it's big enough you can avoid the enemies and unlock the dissection room.

Close all doors behind you to stop enemies following.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Tafdolphin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:27 pm

I honestly cannot play this for more than 10 minutes at a time. Urgh.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Memento Mori » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:I honestly cannot play this for more than 10 minutes at a time. Urgh.

Motion sickness? Turn off head bob.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Mafro » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:12 pm

NickSCFC wrote:Chris Redfield DLC coming

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/23/147216 ... s-redfield

Image

Someone hold glowy.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Photek » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Erm... When you finish the game you're told about it so Glowy knows as does most of this forum.
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brerlappin, Frank, NickSCFC, popgunrobber, Trelliz, Zellery and 32 guests