Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostResident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by NickSCFC » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:46 am

Image



Resident Evil 7 biohazard Ushers in a New Era of Fear

Horror fans all have one thing in common: We live to be terrified. Capcom has heard fans’ masochistic cries for a Resident Evil game far more terrifying than anything that has come before it. Resident Evil 7 biohazard is the harrowing homecoming you’ve been waiting for, and it’s coming to PS4 (with the full gameplay experience also available via the included PlayStation VR Mode), Xbox One, and Windows PC (Steam and Windows 10 Store).

Capcom announced Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the famed Resident Evil series, today during Sony’s press conference at E3 2016 in Los Angeles, California. While Resident Evil 7 draws from the series’ roots of atmospheric survival horror, it also delivers a whole new level of terror. In the classic Resident Evil games of yesteryear, players braced for fear in the first-person via the creepy door-opening scenes, and Resident Evil 7 ramps up that tension with an immersive first-person view and a photorealistic graphical style.

Capcom is able to achieve a shocking degree of visual fidelity thanks to the new proprietary in-house RE Engine that includes VR oriented tools. Last year’s “KITCHEN” tech demo for PlayStation VR was in fact built on this new engine as well. With the RE Engine plus industry leading audio and visual technologies, you experience every abhorrent detail up close and personal in Resident Evil 7. Playing the game in the PlayStation VR Mode escalates the unsettling feeling of presence to a level that horror fans have never experienced. That’s right, the full gameplay experience is available in the included PlayStation VR Mode from beginning to end. No Resident Evil you’ve ever survived could prepare you for this.

Of course, a horror story is only as frightening as its setting, and Resident Evil 7 pays tribute to the franchise’s origins on this front as well. Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking place in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. Players must explore and survive the horrors within the mysterious, sprawling estate.

Courageous PS4 owners can get a taste of this exciting new chapter of the Resident Evil series by downloading the “Resident Evil 7 Teaser: Beginning Hour” demo. This free demo of Resident Evil 7 is available exclusively to all PlayStation Plus subscribers at this time, and offers a sense of the intense and terrifying experience awaiting you. We don’t want to spoil your time playing Beginning Hour by offering too many details, so start your download now and prepare to face your fears.

Pre-orders for North America via the PlayStation Store are available starting today and come with the exclusive Resident Evil 7 dynamic PS4 theme. True survivalists who pre-order the Standard or Digital Deluxe version of Resident Evil 7 will receive the Survival Pack, which includes an early unlock to the hardest difficulty mode as well as a special item set when the game releases. Pre-orders for Xbox One and PC will be available soon.

The Resident Evil saga started 20 years ago with the launch of the 1996 original, and this exciting new evolution makes now the perfect time to be a fan. Experiencing the exploration and immersive atmosphere in the new, unnervingly intimate first-person view of Resident Evil 7 is guaranteed to be the stuff of nightmares when the game releases for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 24, 2017.
Last edited by NickSCFC on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by ITSMILNER » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:28 am

Is the demo up in the UK yet?
Image

Image
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by NickSCFC » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:33 am

magicmilner wrote:Is the demo up in the UK yet?


Yup, I set it to download before I left the house.
Image
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Glowy69 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:05 am

OMG
Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Lagamorph » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 am

Not a reboot :toot:

Screw the haters, I love how crazy the overall Resi plot has got.
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by ITSMILNER » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:24 am

NickSCFC wrote:
magicmilner wrote:Is the demo up in the UK yet?


Yup, I set it to download before I left the house.


Awesome, i'll give it a go later
Image

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by KjGarly » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:31 am

Downloading now, I'll give it a try after the baby has watched her daily Milkshake viewing :shifty:

P-p-p-paw Patrol!!
Image Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Death's Head » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:11 am

Downloading now, although probably won't have a look until I've finished work.
Yes?
User avatar
degoose
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by degoose » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:22 am

This is amazing and i'm already gooseberry fool scared. Seriously paused the game 3 times already and said strawberry float YOU. I have no idea why i try playing these games, i love horror films but games like PT just scare the hell out of me.

I just got to the top of the stairs and there are some manequins , i was looking about and then one is now at the top of the stairs and 3 others have turned around
Image
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Hexx » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:29 am

So its "What if we made an entire game out of the door loading screens?"

Image

Or in Japan

Image

Well played Capcom, well played.
User avatar
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Eighthours » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:30 am

I presume everyone saw the wheelchair at the end of the trailer? I wonder if that's how the VR option is going to work. Moving in first person with a controller is notoriously bad for motion sickness because of the disconnect between the movement and what your brain is expecting. Hence the popularity with devs of the  'cockpit' experiences in VR. The lead character being in a wheelchair would sort out potential nausea issues. While the trailer clearly had the lead guy on his feet, I can't see a reason for the prominence of the picture of the wheelchair at the end unless it was related to VR. So maybe you walk in standard mode, but are in a wheelchair in VR mode?
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by KjGarly » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:36 am

degoose wrote:This is amazing and i'm already gooseberry fool scared. Seriously paused the game 3 times already and said strawberry float YOU. I have no idea why i try playing these games, i love horror films but games like PT just scare the hell out of me.

I just got to the top of the stairs and there are some manequins , i was looking about and then one is now at the top of the stairs and 3 others have turned around


While it's obviously inspired by PT it's not at all scary and quite short.
Image Image
User avatar
degoose
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by degoose » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:36 am

Well that was awesome, very short but really good and kept me on edge a lot. You guys have to play the demo . Thumbs up from me.
Image
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
User avatar
degoose
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by degoose » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 am

KjGarly wrote:
degoose wrote:This is amazing and i'm already gooseberry fool scared. Seriously paused the game 3 times already and said strawberry float YOU. I have no idea why i try playing these games, i love horror films but games like PT just scare the hell out of me.

I just got to the top of the stairs and there are some manequins , i was looking about and then one is now at the top of the stairs and 3 others have turned around


While it's obviously inspired by PT it's not at all scary and quite short.

nah it is scary, i'm an absolute wimp at these type of games so for anyone who doesn't like tense on edge situations and weird sounds this will catch them out.

Trust me i really am a wimp with any horror game that uses tense situations, i didn't play further than an hour two into Dead Space , i didn't even bother with Alien :Isolation as just watching it made me feel overly tense.
Image
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Hexx » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:44 am

Eighthours wrote:I presume everyone saw the wheelchair at the end of the trailer? I wonder if that's how the VR option is going to work. Moving in first person with a controller is notoriously bad for motion sickness because of the disconnect between the movement and what your brain is expecting. Hence the popularity with devs of the  'cockpit' experiences in VR. The lead character being in a wheelchair would sort out potential nausea issues. While the trailer clearly had the lead guy on his feet, I can't see a reason for the prominence of the picture of the wheelchair at the end unless it was related to VR. So maybe you walk in standard mode, but are in a wheelchair in VR mode?


No. That's stupid.

There's upstairs (attics?), basements, outside, the inevitable secret lab under the swimming pool etc.

There's no lifts, ramps etc and you wouldn't have an ultra, all-terrain off road wheel chair.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Photek » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:44 am

Is this more like Outlast/PT then? If so, ill wait for Outlast 2.
Image
User avatar
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Eighthours » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:48 am

Hexx wrote:
Eighthours wrote:I presume everyone saw the wheelchair at the end of the trailer? I wonder if that's how the VR option is going to work. Moving in first person with a controller is notoriously bad for motion sickness because of the disconnect between the movement and what your brain is expecting. Hence the popularity with devs of the  'cockpit' experiences in VR. The lead character being in a wheelchair would sort out potential nausea issues. While the trailer clearly had the lead guy on his feet, I can't see a reason for the prominence of the picture of the wheelchair at the end unless it was related to VR. So maybe you walk in standard mode, but are in a wheelchair in VR mode?


No. That's stupid.

There's upstairs (attics?), basements, outside, the inevitable secret lab under the swimming pool etc.

There's no lifts, ramps etc and you wouldn't have an ultra, all-terrain off road wheel chair.


Uh huh, I appreciate that. But then why the wheelchair picture, and how will the movement work in VR?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Death's Head » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:50 am

Eighthours wrote:Uh huh, I appreciate that. But then why the wheelchair picture, and how will the movement work in VR?


Think hovering Daleks.
Yes?
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by KjGarly » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:50 am

Photek wrote:Is this more like Outlast/PT then? If so, ill wait for Outlast 2.


Haven't checked yet but is there no Xbone demo? Give it a try.
Image Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Demo out now
by Hexx » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:51 am

Eighthours wrote:
Hexx wrote:
Eighthours wrote:I presume everyone saw the wheelchair at the end of the trailer? I wonder if that's how the VR option is going to work. Moving in first person with a controller is notoriously bad for motion sickness because of the disconnect between the movement and what your brain is expecting. Hence the popularity with devs of the  'cockpit' experiences in VR. The lead character being in a wheelchair would sort out potential nausea issues. While the trailer clearly had the lead guy on his feet, I can't see a reason for the prominence of the picture of the wheelchair at the end unless it was related to VR. So maybe you walk in standard mode, but are in a wheelchair in VR mode?


No. That's stupid.

There's upstairs (attics?), basements, outside, the inevitable secret lab under the swimming pool etc.

There's no lifts, ramps etc and you wouldn't have an ultra, all-terrain off road wheel chair.


Uh huh, I appreciate that. But then why the wheelchair picture, and how will the movement work in VR?


Atmosphere and very badly

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, BAKA, Frank, Gemini73, Green Gecko, Jam-Master Jay, jiggles, NickSCFC, OrangeRakoon, Ord, Samuel_1, Ste, Tafdolphin, Yoshimi and 34 guests