Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC)

Anything to do with games at all.
Bravewolverine
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Biohazard 7: Resident Evil (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Reviews up (Metacritic 86)
by Bravewolverine » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:24 am

This is the only VR game I've tried so far to make me feel nauseous...any others who have played on VR experienced the same? If not, what settings are you playing on...smooth camera or staggered?

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Biohazard 7: Resident Evil (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Reviews up (Metacritic 86)
by chalkitdown » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:58 pm

It also made me dizzy when I tried it in VR (so did Robinson The Journey which I had to stop playing because of). I guess I'm just not cut out for VR games where you have full movement control. My brain just can't handle it.

I'm fine when playing games where I'm strapped in to a seat or something, such as Driveclub VR or Until Dawn Rush of Blood, though.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Biohazard 7: Resident Evil (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Reviews up (Metacritic 86)
by NickSCFC » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:00 pm

chalkitdown wrote:It also made me dizzy when I tried it in VR (so did Robinson The Journey which I had to stop playing because of). I guess I'm just not cut out for VR games where you have full movement control. My brain just can't handle it.

I'm fine when playing games where I'm strapped in to a seat or something, such as Driveclub VR or Until Dawn Rush of Blood, though.


Play around with the VR settings, I'm playing with throne where you're inside a mesh.

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
Bravewolverine
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Biohazard 7: Resident Evil (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Reviews up (Metacritic 86)
by Bravewolverine » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:16 pm

NickSCFC wrote:
chalkitdown wrote:It also made me dizzy when I tried it in VR (so did Robinson The Journey which I had to stop playing because of). I guess I'm just not cut out for VR games where you have full movement control. My brain just can't handle it.

I'm fine when playing games where I'm strapped in to a seat or something, such as Driveclub VR or Until Dawn Rush of Blood, though.


Play around with the VR settings, I'm playing with throne where you're inside a mesh.


Cool - will try that out :-)

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Biohazard 7: Resident Evil (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Reviews up (Metacritic 86)
by NickSCFC » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:08 pm


Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
Jordan UK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Biohazard 7: Resident Evil (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Reviews up (Metacritic 86)
by Jordan UK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:52 pm

mic wrote:Will have to try increasing res scale...

Jordan, do you increase the res scale to output 4K?


Well I kept it at 1 and it was super smooth. I'm assuming anything greater than 1 is super sampling of a sort. If I put it at 2 then it runs like crap.

Last edited by Jordan UK on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jordan UK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Biohazard 7: Resident Evil (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Reviews up (Metacritic 86)
by Jordan UK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:54 pm

NickSCFC wrote:


I would have loved to see her reaction when Mia arrives!

User avatar
1>3>4>2
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - Reviews up (Metacritic 86)
by 1>3>4>2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Got the platinum a few days back. Cracking game.

Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by sawyerpip » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:48 am

Played this to just past the first boss last night, it's brilliant in VR. You find yourself constantly checking behind you, peering around every corner and behind every door, great stuff. I urge anyone with VR to pick it up at some point.

One thing regarding an early encounter:

Did anyone else find Jack doing doughnuts in the car in the garage to be absolutely hilarious? It was a classic campy Resident Evil moment which I didn't expect in this game.

User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Tragic Magic » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:06 am

And done. Think I'll start a second play through later to see what items and plot points I missed first time around.

Ethan is still infected by the time he gets rescued by Chris right? And how many times are they going to change the look and voice of Chris?! REmake Chris was the best Chris.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Tafdolphin » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:03 pm

I cannot play this:

a) Alone
b) For more than 5 minutes at a time.

That is all.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by chalkitdown » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Once you realize enemies won't follow you through a closed door it makes it a LOT less tense. :shifty: ALWAYS close doors behind you.

This rule doesn't apply to the Bakers, though. However their AI routes are planned and easy enough to avoid.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Dual » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:11 pm

How does this connect up to the other games then? Has it got zombies in?

Happy for spoilers.

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by chalkitdown » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Dual wrote:How does this connect up to the other games then? Has it got zombies in?

Happy for spoilers.


There are zombies that kinda have chickens & cows for heads but they don't show up until towards the end. There are some files that link them to the Ganados from Resident Evil 4 which leads you to believe that the livestock in that game somehow fused together with the villiagers with the help of the TZ virus. They got to America on a big ship captained by Wesker's brother and pretty much crashed in the backyard swamp of the Bakers' residence. Then Leon shows up at the end in a jet and helps bomb the whole area.

It's pretty amazing they managed to keep to links to older titles all hidden pre-release.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by Dual » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:25 pm

chalkitdown wrote:
Dual wrote:How does this connect up to the other games then? Has it got zombies in?

Happy for spoilers.


There are zombies that kinda have chickens & cows for heads but they don't show up until towards the end. There are some files that link them to the Ganados from Resident Evil 4 which leads you to believe that the livestock in that game somehow fused together with the villiagers with the help of the TZ virus. They got to America on a big ship captained by Wesker's brother and pretty much crashed in the backyard swamp of the Bakers' residence. Then Leon shows up at the end in a jet and helps bomb the whole area.

It's pretty amazing they managed to keep to links to older titles all hidden pre-release.


Cheers chalk

Sounds like classic resi :lol:

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by captain red dog » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:18 pm

I finally picked this up today and just had an hour or so on it and bloody hell I have motion sickness like never before! I'll persist a bit to see if I can get over it, but it will be a real shame if I have to quit as it seems a genuinely compelling game to play.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by NickSCFC » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:56 pm

captain red dog wrote:I finally picked this up today and just had an hour or so on it and bloody hell I have motion sickness like never before! I'll persist a bit to see if I can get over it, but it will be a real shame if I have to quit as it seems a genuinely compelling game to play.


Turn off Camera Wobble.

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
1>3>4>2
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by 1>3>4>2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:00 pm

Brerlappin wrote:Jesus, Madhouse mode doesn't strawberry float around :dread:


Madhouse makes the game feel so Resident Evil. Actual save and item management. Stressful in the best way.

Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation
User avatar
1>3>4>2
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by 1>3>4>2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
1>3>4>2 wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Jesus, Madhouse mode doesn't strawberry float around :dread:


Madhouse makes the game feel so Resident Evil. Actual save and item management. Stressful in the best way.


Yeah its amazing. The only thing I don't like so far is how Jack follows you almost everywhere at the start. They turned him up to 11 in madhouse. It just makes it annoying to get anything done


I like that he is more persistent. I didn't feel like he was around enough on normal. I don't like how they literally just crank his walking speed up to artificially make him more threatening though.

Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation
User avatar
1>3>4>2
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC) - PS4 DLC out now
by 1>3>4>2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
1>3>4>2 wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:
1>3>4>2 wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Jesus, Madhouse mode doesn't strawberry float around :dread:


Madhouse makes the game feel so Resident Evil. Actual save and item management. Stressful in the best way.


Yeah its amazing. The only thing I don't like so far is how Jack follows you almost everywhere at the start. They turned him up to 11 in madhouse. It just makes it annoying to get anything done


I like that he is more persistent. I didn't feel like he was around enough on normal. I don't like how they literally just crank his walking speed up to artificially make him more threatening though.


The chainsaw fight with him on madhouse can go suck an armada of cocks. And on normal too for that matter.


Guard, duck and weave bro! His swings have like dark souls level build ups. Duck under them and slice his gooseberry fool up.

Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation

Return to “Games”