'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' --->
by DML » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:32 am

Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Moggy wrote:But will half of the country be watching? ;)

Congrats!


Only 21 million.


But that’s not half the country. :?


I'd take it though! Its definitely superb news. Known for a while but these things have to be official.

Image
User avatar
Diabolito
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: pro

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Diabolito » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 pm

:toot:

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Return_of_the_STAR » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Great news DML. Really loved the first series.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Garth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 pm

50 episodes! Holy gooseberry fool! Congrats! :toot:

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by DML » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Got the fun of trying to bring new games to the party ATM. It's a long process!

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by DML » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 am

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/home/net ... 83.article

We've been nominated for a Broadcast award!

This is a slightly different experience from Benchmark. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:39 am

DML wrote:https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/home/netflix-in-running-for-three-broadcast-awards/5124383.article

We've been nominated for a Broadcast award!

This is a slightly different experience from Benchmark. :lol:


Great stuff! Good luck, hope HoG smashes the opposition. Do you know who you are up against?

Also which production company is it you're with - Endemol?

EDIT: just saw the link, sorry! Reckon there'll be tough competition with Pointless, but you've definitely got a chance!

Image Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by DML » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
DML wrote:https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/home/netflix-in-running-for-three-broadcast-awards/5124383.article

We've been nominated for a Broadcast award!

This is a slightly different experience from Benchmark. :lol:


Great stuff! Good luck, hope HoG smashes the opposition. Do you know who you are up against?

Also which production company is it you're with - Endemol?

EDIT: just saw the link, sorry! Reckon there'll be tough competition with Pointless, but you've definitely got a chance!


Well we also make Pointless so the company would still be happy! (but still, go ROHoG!)

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 pm

DML wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
DML wrote:https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/home/netflix-in-running-for-three-broadcast-awards/5124383.article

We've been nominated for a Broadcast award!

This is a slightly different experience from Benchmark. :lol:


Great stuff! Good luck, hope HoG smashes the opposition. Do you know who you are up against?

Also which production company is it you're with - Endemol?

EDIT: just saw the link, sorry! Reckon there'll be tough competition with Pointless, but you've definitely got a chance!


Well we also make Pointless so the company would still be happy! (but still, go ROHoG!)


Is that Endemol then?

I only ask because I've to phone a researcher at 12 yards later for a bit of a phone interview. :slol:

Image Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by DML » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
DML wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
DML wrote:https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/home/netflix-in-running-for-three-broadcast-awards/5124383.article

We've been nominated for a Broadcast award!

This is a slightly different experience from Benchmark. :lol:


Great stuff! Good luck, hope HoG smashes the opposition. Do you know who you are up against?

Also which production company is it you're with - Endemol?

EDIT: just saw the link, sorry! Reckon there'll be tough competition with Pointless, but you've definitely got a chance!


Well we also make Pointless so the company would still be happy! (but still, go ROHoG!)


Is that Endemol then?

I only ask because I've to phone a researcher at 12 yards later for a bit of a phone interview. :slol:


We're a company within Endemol. Endemol has quite a few different companies within it.

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by DML » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:31 pm

We came second in Bothers Bar Gameshow of the Year behind !mpossible which I can't begrudge.

Would have been lovely to win, but will have to try win with another show!

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Moggy » Tue May 22, 2018 7:04 pm

As DML does a piss poor job of promoting his shows, I thought I’d help him out.


User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by DML » Tue May 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Thanks Moggy. Really good line ups all throughout as well.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by more heat than light » Tue May 22, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes! :mrgreen:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Frank » Thu May 31, 2018 6:21 pm

This round where people invent believable answers to the questions is pretty much the Fibbage game from Jackbox Party Pack, isn't it?

Image
User avatar
Slimgrady
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Cork

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Slimgrady » Thu May 31, 2018 6:30 pm

Love this show! Didn’t realize there was a thread on it until now! A board game is surely in the works?!

ImageImage
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Rax » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 am

Slimgrady wrote:Love this show! Didn’t realize there was a thread on it until now! A board game is surely in the works?!

Ask DML, he created it and comes up with all the questions. At least thats my understanding of it.

DML wrote:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by Moggy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:31 am

I really enjoy this show, it's good fun.

I would stop having the final round always being "Answer Smash" though, the show works well with different games always being introduced. Having the final round always being the same game is a little dull, plus it's not the best game in the show (that would be the karaoke one!).

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by more heat than light » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:31 pm

I love the karaoke one and am awesome at it, but it does require a more specialist knowledge than Answer Smash which is probably why they picked that one. I agree though, keeping it random would be better.

Enjoying the second series so far, the Elephant In The Room round was absolutely hilarious. :lol:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'Richard Osman's House Of Games' - Series 2 Commissioned - 50 episodes
by DML » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Glad people like the new rounds!

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Chocolate-Milk, Google [Bot], Met and 45 guests