Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Ad7 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:10 am

Skippy wrote:The two best scenes in the whole prequel trilogy are the podrace and duel of the fates, nothing else comes close imo. I think Phantom Menace is the best of the prequels because of this, plus I'd rather rewatch a film with at least some physical filmmaking. The amount of green screen involved when compared to Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith is minimal


This is not true, the prequels all had a surprising amount of real sets, they just looked so clean and sterile that it looked like CGI.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/prac ... .50017310/

I like revenge of the sith the most, but the phantom menace is definitely the most star warsy in feel and look.
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by FatDaz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 am

Dowbocop wrote:
Preferring one film to another isn't trolling.


No, but pissing over someone's opinion without giving any reason other than an "I'm right you're wrong" attitude is trolling.

You have raised some valid points, HSH28 didn't address any of why he thought I was wrong.

I know this is who he is so I shouldn't rise to it.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Moggy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:23 am

Dowbocop wrote:Preferring one film to another isn't trolling.


True, but this is.

No it isn't, because when people say that they are clearly insane/massively forgetful about the entire film except the Pod Racing (which isn't as good as you think it is anyway) and Darth Maul.
User avatar
Avon
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Avon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Does anyone know if there will be a Bluray plus Digital HD version released in the U.K. Googled a few sites (Amazon, HMV, Zavvi) but can only find Bluray or Digital HD versions only.
User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Brighton

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by PatSharpsMullet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Avon wrote:Does anyone know if there will be a Bluray plus Digital HD version released in the U.K. Googled a few sites (Amazon, HMV, Zavvi) but can only find Bluray or Digital HD versions only.

Disney don't do them which is annoying. Presumably to make more money. :roll:

They're taking the mickey really. :shifty:
Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Denster » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 am

I loved the duel at the end of TPM until Chalky ruined it for me.
The bastard!
Love list


Super Dragon 64
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by HSH28 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:15 am

FatDaz wrote:You have raised some valid points, HSH28 didn't address any of why he thought I was wrong.


FatDaz wrote:Without wanting to feed the troll but... go on which bits are plain wrong? And which do YOU consider to be only minor?


I thought it had pretty much been covered. But clearly the following points are wrong

FatDaz wrote:+ Actual sets and props
+ Only prequel with actual space battle
+ Less terrible dialogue (not great but no "sand" lines or "in my opinion the Jedi are evil")


FatDaz wrote:+ nice multiple action / location ending similar to ROTJ


I disagree with that and even if you liked the ending the fact you think it might be similar to ROTJ is a very minor point which I'm not even sure is a plus.

FatDaz wrote:+ Pod race was great


And that you can probably tell I don't think was great. Sure its much better than the surrounding parts of the film, but taken on its own its not as good a set piece as people seem to give it credit for.

Actually thinking about it these two points I have issues with too...

FatDaz wrote:+ great soundtrack duel of the fates is superb
+ best light sabre battle the 2 v 1 maul fight


All the music is great, so pointing out that the music in this film is great is irrelevant. And that light sabre fight...well although it was good at the time, its very easy to pick it apart.
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by HSH28 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:17 am

Moggy wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:Preferring one film to another isn't trolling.


True, but this is.

No it isn't, because when people say that they are clearly insane/massively forgetful about the entire film except the Pod Racing (which isn't as good as you think it is anyway) and Darth Maul.


That's legitimately what I think. I'm not trolling anyone, I honestly can't understand anyone defending TPM over any of the other films.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Moggy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:25 am

HSH28 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:Preferring one film to another isn't trolling.


True, but this is.

No it isn't, because when people say that they are clearly insane/massively forgetful about the entire film except the Pod Racing (which isn't as good as you think it is anyway) and Darth Maul.


That's legitimately what I think. I'm not trolling anyone, I honestly can't understand anyone defending TPM over any of the other films.


You legitimately think that other people are "clearly insane", "massively forgetful" and think things are "not as good as they think it is" but you don't think that calling them those things is trolling? A non trolling opinion would not assume other people are insane or forgetful for having a different opinion to yourself.

Has it ever occurred to you that it might be you who is wrong?
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by HSH28 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Moggy wrote:You legitimately think that other people are "clearly insane", "massively forgetful" and think things are "not as good as they think it is" but you don't think that calling them those things is trolling? A non trolling opinion would not assume other people are insane or forgetful for having a different opinion to yourself.


That isn't the definition of trolling.

You realise that not everything said should be taken literally, right? Calling someone insane for holding a radically different opinion to you doesn't mean you literally think they are insane. You can say that about an opinion you legitimately hold without it having to be literal.

I assumed that was obvious.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Moggy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 pm

HSH28 wrote:
Moggy wrote:You legitimately think that other people are "clearly insane", "massively forgetful" and think things are "not as good as they think it is" but you don't think that calling them those things is trolling? A non trolling opinion would not assume other people are insane or forgetful for having a different opinion to yourself.


That isn't the definition of trolling.

You realise that not everything said should be taken literally, right? Calling someone insane for holding a radically different opinion to you doesn't mean you literally think they are insane. You can say that about an opinion you legitimately hold without it having to be literal.

I assumed that was obvious.


Odd how a literally insane person like yourself says things shouldn't be taken literally while literally taking the troll comments seriously.

And you're wrong about TPM. :toot:
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Poser » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 am

HSH28 wrote:You realise that not everything said should be taken literally, right?



Image

Admit it: you've just heard other people saying that, right?
Image
User avatar
Gandalf
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Gandalf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:22 am

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-rogue-one-at-one-point-had-darth-vader-k/1100-6448866/

Vader at one point was due to kill a major character in Rogue One, apparently.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Alvin Flummux » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 am

I can see why they would cut that part out. If they put in a scene with Krennic leaping onto the boarding ramp of a suddenly-appeared shuttle and getting out right as the building goes down, they could more plausibly put that scene back in and it wouldn't negative impact the continuity at all.
Last edited by Alvin Flummux on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **Warning: Spoilers in thread**
by Poser » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 am

Makes sense. Would have been very cool to see that happen, but I can see why they held off.
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, andretmzt, Cuban Pete, illiquidswords, KingK, Met, OldSoulCyborg, PaperMacheMario, The Watching Artist and 49 guests