Rugby Union Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Ad7 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 am

It was bullshit. You know from the times i've tried to meet up with you in Cardiff how many wales games we've been to and always supported them.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Tomous » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:12 am

I absolutely love Cardiff on match day, but there's no denying you get a lot of banana splits there.

A few years ago, think it was Wales v England in 2015, I was walking down chippy alley with 2 mates when some ginger twat bumped into 1 of them and dropped his chips. He immediately got aggressive and demanded my mate buy him food, but if it was anyone's fault it was his so my mate refused. Next thing we knew he's wrestling my mate to the floor, so my other mate pulls him off him, and the guy turns round and headbutts my mate and legs it. My mate is now covered in blood and so someone called the police. While we're waiting, I see the guy suddenly sprinting back towards my mate, so I step in his path and block him, turn to call to my mate and he sucker punches me. I hit the ground and he runs off again.

By the time the police arrived, he'd legged it and they couldn't find him. CCTV footage was useless so nothing came of it. My mate had to get £100+ in dental treatment (it was actually a lot more in reality but he had a dental plan through work) and I couldn't eat on the right side of my mouth for a week. Fortunately nothing broke/no fractures-ended up getting it checked just incase.

I was pretty wasted to begin with and dazed after getting hit in the head but my clearest memory is the policewoman laughing at me throughout my statement cos I couldn't really remember anything. "What colour jumper was he wearing?" "Blue! No wait...red! No orange...." "I'll just put down it was too dark to see shall I?" "Good idea!"


For a happier Cardiff match day story, my mate was out in his England jersey for a Wales England game. He saw Rhod Gilbert and he went up and said "Rod! You're my third favourite comedian". Rhod called him a banana split before asking him who his favourite two were and then went "yeah fair enough they're much better than me" :lol:
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Moggy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 am

Tomous wrote:A few years ago, think it was Wales v England in 2015, I was walking down chippy alley with 2 mates when some ginger twat bumped into 1 of them and dropped his chips. He immediately got aggressive and demanded my mate buy him food, but if it was anyone's fault it was his so my mate refused. Next thing we knew he's wrestling my mate to the floor, so my other mate pulls him off him, and the guy turns round and headbutts my mate and legs it. My mate is now covered in blood and so someone called the police. While we're waiting, I see the guy suddenly sprinting back towards my mate, so I step in his path and block him, turn to call to my mate and he sucker punches me. I hit the ground and he runs off again.

By the time the police arrived, he'd legged it and they couldn't find him. CCTV footage was useless so nothing came of it. My mate had to get £100+ in dental treatment (it was actually a lot more in reality but he had a dental plan through work) and I couldn't eat on the right side of my mouth for a week. Fortunately nothing broke/no fractures-ended up getting it checked just incase.

I was pretty wasted to begin with and dazed after getting hit in the head but my clearest memory is the policewoman laughing at me throughout my statement cos I couldn't really remember anything. "What colour jumper was he wearing?" "Blue! No wait...red! No orange...." "I'll just put down it was too dark to see shall I?" "Good idea!"


Tomous wrote:Cardiff is a wonderful place to live. A lot of the benefits of living in a big city, without the hassle.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Tomous » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 am

Moggy wrote:
Tomous wrote:A few years ago, think it was Wales v England in 2015, I was walking down chippy alley with 2 mates when some ginger twat bumped into 1 of them and dropped his chips. He immediately got aggressive and demanded my mate buy him food, but if it was anyone's fault it was his so my mate refused. Next thing we knew he's wrestling my mate to the floor, so my other mate pulls him off him, and the guy turns round and headbutts my mate and legs it. My mate is now covered in blood and so someone called the police. While we're waiting, I see the guy suddenly sprinting back towards my mate, so I step in his path and block him, turn to call to my mate and he sucker punches me. I hit the ground and he runs off again.

By the time the police arrived, he'd legged it and they couldn't find him. CCTV footage was useless so nothing came of it. My mate had to get £100+ in dental treatment (it was actually a lot more in reality but he had a dental plan through work) and I couldn't eat on the right side of my mouth for a week. Fortunately nothing broke/no fractures-ended up getting it checked just incase.

I was pretty wasted to begin with and dazed after getting hit in the head but my clearest memory is the policewoman laughing at me throughout my statement cos I couldn't really remember anything. "What colour jumper was he wearing?" "Blue! No wait...red! No orange...." "I'll just put down it was too dark to see shall I?" "Good idea!"


Tomous wrote:Cardiff is a wonderful place to live. A lot of the benefits of living in a big city, without the hassle.


I should have caveated that with except on match days when they bus in the wankers from the valleys.

Saying that, the day Take That came to down was still the worse thing I've ever seen. The scenes with the pissed up middle aged women :dread:
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Moggy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:19 am

Tomous wrote:Saying that, the day Take That came to down was still the worse thing I've ever seen. The scenes with the pissed up middle aged women :dread:


My mother and grandmother went to Cardiff a few years ago to see Take That. :x :x :x
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Ad7 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:31 am

Moggy wrote:
Tomous wrote:Saying that, the day Take That came to down was still the worse thing I've ever seen. The scenes with the pissed up middle aged women :dread:


My mother and grandmother went to Cardiff a few years ago to see Take That. :x :x :x


And what a night that was :datass:
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Moggy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 am

Ad7 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tomous wrote:Saying that, the day Take That came to down was still the worse thing I've ever seen. The scenes with the pissed up middle aged women :dread:


My mother and grandmother went to Cardiff a few years ago to see Take That. :x :x :x


And what a night that was :datass:


Through a weird twist in the space-time continuum, that night Ad7 became Moggy's father and grandfather.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Tomous » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 am

Ad7 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tomous wrote:Saying that, the day Take That came to down was still the worse thing I've ever seen. The scenes with the pissed up middle aged women :dread:


My mother and grandmother went to Cardiff a few years ago to see Take That. :x :x :x


And what a night that was :datass:



Cardiff is a wonderful place :wub:
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Ad7 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 am

Especially on the anniversary of Maggie Thatcher closing the mines or something amirite
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Rax » Wed May 10, 2017 10:14 am

The World Cup draw was made this morning:

Pool A: Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Europe 1, Playoff winner.
Pool B: New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, Africa 1, Repechage winner.
Pool C: England, France, Argentina, Americas 1, Oceania 2.
Pool D: Australia, Wales, Georgia, Oceania 1, Americas 2.

Good draw for Ireland, they wont fear the Scots or the Japanese. Pool C is the obvious "pool of death" but Pool D is no fun either, Fiji or Samoa will end up in there so there will be some tough games for Wales and Australia. Georgia will definitely be targeting a quarter final place from that group I reckon, show that they belong at the top table.
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Knoyleo » Wed May 10, 2017 10:56 am

Oceania 1 is definitely going to be Fiji, I just know it. :fp:
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Knoyleo » Sat May 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Fantastic result for the Scarlets yesterday. Really well played for a team on 14 men for half the game.

Not impressed by the Munster/Ospreys game at the moment. Lots of high ball, and nothing inspiring from either side. I'm also having to watch the strawberry floating thing on my phone, because I can't get the S4C web app to play anything. :x
User avatar
Starbreaker
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Starbreaker » Sat May 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Yeah Scarlets did really well to hold on. To be fair Leinster were strawberry floating dreck in the second half, lost count of the handling errors, missed passes and awful kicks. Aside from the try they didn't really get in the 22, despite having all the ball.

So the game I was dreading was today - Exeter in the final!! Nearly gave me a strawberry floating heart stoppage, rumbled over a maul at the death. The penalty to touch from Slade made it though, must have been 55m, absolute perfection. Probably the best moment I've had as a Chiefs fan was when that ball went down :wub:
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Knoyleo » Sat May 20, 2017 7:29 pm

That's amazing from the Chiefs given Sarries form all year. Really pleased to see them go through.

Ospreys had 60% posession first half, but went in five points behind, and now Munster are all over them. The psychological upper hand is totally with the Irish, here.
User avatar
Irene Demova
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Irene Demova » Sat May 20, 2017 7:34 pm

The Ref in the wasps game outright stepping over the unconscious body of a player whilst continuing play :dread:
User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Kanbei » Sat May 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Munster's defence this season has been fantastic. It's what I think will get them the title next week.
User avatar
Starbreaker
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Starbreaker » Sat May 27, 2017 5:22 pm

I feel like I've aged 20 years. Phenomenal. Shaking.
User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Kanbei » Sat May 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Unbelievable final. Wasps looked like they had nothing left for the last 20 minutes and extra time.

Hope Munster do the business later!
User avatar
Starbreaker
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Starbreaker » Sat May 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Aye, as good as Scarlets were last week I have a half inkling Munster will steamroll them. They were impecabble last week.

Yeah we definitely had the best of the OT and the last 20 minutes. Steeno once again proving he has ice in his veins.
User avatar
Starbreaker
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rugby Union Thread
by Starbreaker » Sat May 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Shows what I know :lol:

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Denster, Frank, Peter Crisp, Saint of Killers, Skippy, the eponymous bollock, wensleydale and 49 guests