Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: RE: Re: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Jenuall » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:53 am

Death's Head wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Had a few goes at the Abyss Watchers last night. Seem to be able to get to the second stage okay but not having much luck beyond that.

Think I need to learn to pick my moments to strike a bit more carefully, he has a few combos which look like they leave him quite exposed.


Let them fight amongst themselves. Or summon someone to help outside.


I can deal with the group fight okay, it's when the fired-up main guy takes me on that it all goes to gooseberry fool!

The NPC near by is your friend.


Had a go with summoning last night - how do you know which colour signs will summon an NPC?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Death's Head » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:03 am

Jenuall wrote:Had a go with summoning last night - how do you know which colour signs will summon an NPC?


I can't remember! Best thing to do is go off-line and then the only summon sign you see will be for an NPC. Otherwise you'll have to summon another player to help, in which case choose white or yellow (you will have to assign yourself to a specific covenant to see the yellow ones).
Yes?
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: RE: Re: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Mafro » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 am

Jenuall wrote:
Death's Head wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Had a few goes at the Abyss Watchers last night. Seem to be able to get to the second stage okay but not having much luck beyond that.

Think I need to learn to pick my moments to strike a bit more carefully, he has a few combos which look like they leave him quite exposed.


Let them fight amongst themselves. Or summon someone to help outside.


I can deal with the group fight okay, it's when the fired-up main guy takes me on that it all goes to gooseberry fool!

The NPC near by is your friend.


Had a go with summoning last night - how do you know which colour signs will summon an NPC?

They are white signs the same as online players.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Death's Head » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:49 pm

Just killed Yhorm the giant but no new area has opened up. Where am I supposed to go?
Yes?
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Mafro » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Death's Head wrote:Just killed Yhorm the giant but no new area has opened up. Where am I supposed to go?

You need to beat Yhorm, Abyss Watchers and Aldrich for the next bit to open up.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Met » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:11 pm

There's a side path in the watery bit under the bridge. Where you left Irithyll and went into the dungeons. If you head back up from there it's to the right, a sewer looking place.

Most people miss one or the other of the two paths because they're being chased by the dog.

If you already know of that then I'm not sure what the issue it.
<Kaeetayel> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Death's Head » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Which section is Aldritch in?
Yes?
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Death's Head » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Met wrote:There's a side path in the watery bit under the bridge. Where you left Irithyll and went into the dungeons. If you head back up from there it's to the right, a sewer looking place.

Most people miss one or the other of the two paths because they're being chased by the dog.

If you already know of that then I'm not sure what the issue it.

Which area are you talking about?
Yes?
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Mafro » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Death's Head wrote:Which section is Aldritch in?

A bit after Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.

Death's Head wrote:
Met wrote:There's a side path in the watery bit under the bridge. Where you left Irithyll and went into the dungeons. If you head back up from there it's to the right, a sewer looking place.

Most people miss one or the other of the two paths because they're being chased by the dog.

If you already know of that then I'm not sure what the issue it.

Which area are you talking about?

In Irithyll when you get down into the river bit there's a section where you can go straight ahead to Irithyll Dungeon, and there's a turn-off to the left into a little sewer that will get you where you need to go.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Death's Head » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Found it, all good.
Yes?
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Jenuall » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Beat the Abyss Watchers with the help from some summoning in the end. Not sure how I feel about taking that approach as it made it all too easy, felt like I hadn't earned the victory...

Either way I'm in some catacombs now which is proving to be a nice change in scenery.
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Memento Mori » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:44 pm

There's no shame in summoning, it's a multiplayer game. Summoning actually increases the amount of HP bosses have anyway.
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Glowy69 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Back on this after finishing xcom, I'm on the first set of DLC, my PSplus ran out so i cant summon anyone :| Can I still summon NPC helpers? Im not paying 35 quid just so i can get invaded.
Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Memento Mori » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Glowy69 wrote: Can I still summon NPC helpers? Im not paying 35 quid just so i can get invaded.

If you're kindled.
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Glowy69 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:55 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Glowy69 wrote: Can I still summon NPC helpers? Im not paying 35 quid just so i can get invaded.

If you're kindled.


You mean embered?
Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Memento Mori » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Glowy69 wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Glowy69 wrote: Can I still summon NPC helpers? Im not paying 35 quid just so i can get invaded.

If you're kindled.


You mean embered?

Probably. Whatever the equivalent of human from Dark Souls 1 is.
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Glowy69 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:01 pm

The dlc is too difficult for ny level character atm. Even the strong non boss opponents decimate me :x especially the banana split with knife fingers.
Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Death's Head » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:26 am

Up to the boss with the Dragon Armour. He seems to be quite the mother strawberry floater. Been at him with two others and lost about 3 times now. He is particularly banana splitish as he can knock you out of the arena to your death, although I've not let that happen since. The main problem is I'm usually the last one to die but at the point the others are out of it there is only me left at which point he only has one point of interest. :x
Yes?
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Brerlappin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:40 am

Death's Head wrote:Up to the boss with the Dragon Armour. He seems to be quite the mother strawberry floater. Been at him with two others and lost about 3 times now. He is particularly banana splitish as he can knock you out of the arena to your death, although I've not let that happen since. The main problem is I'm usually the last one to die but at the point the others are out of it there is only me left at which point he only has one point of interest. :x


You mean Dragonslayer Armour? The boss in Lothric Castle? Hes tough but if you wear lightning resistant armour like the Fallen Knight set it helps.
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Dark Souls 3 | PS4, Xbone & PC | Praise the Sun
by Glowy69 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Mafro wrote:
Death's Head wrote:Just killed Yhorm the giant but no new area has opened up. Where am I supposed to go?

You need to beat Yhorm, Abyss Watchers and Aldrich for the next bit to open up.


Maf. I used that tree seed on some banana split that invaded me right before the wolnir boss. He was playing silly beggars hiding. So i ran across the bridge, he was standing tbe other side prepping his dragon rider bow. And i cut the bridge where about 15 skeletons proceeded to kick the living gooseberry fool out of him :lol: :lol: :lol: :wub:
Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Alvin Flummux, Crimson, Duke Washington, gamerforever, Memento Mori, Miguel007, OldSoulCyborg, Qikz, Saint of Killers, Yahoo [Bot] and 44 guests