Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:01 pm

If you find yourself getting hung up about how the bandit camps play then you are pretty much missing the point of the game.

It may not be up there with BotW, but it does a few things very well indeed. Mostly the machine combat. (Another personal highlight for me was how the various datapoints helped to ramp up the main story drama, especially toward the end of the game.)

BOR wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
BOR wrote:Death of the Skies Quest.

It was difficult to manage the Stormbird but what I did is sneaking in the area and disabled the lure devices. And dragged the Stormbird to another area with other machines and I hide in the taller grass. Wait for Stormbird to cool down and when it had, it just flew away and disappeared. :lol: I didn't take a chance to kill it. :toot:


:lol: You big chicken!

I fought it by the Bellowbacks 8-) Its gust attack blew me off there into the river down below. THREE times. :lol: :fp:

Just did the Hunters Lodge missions :toot: The final one (T-Jaw + Ravagers) was *a lot* of fun, even if Aloy did end up getting smushed a good few time in a row.

:lol:

I tried to get back and kill it but it flew away. It's all about experiment the situation. ;)

I'm currently 40% into this and I've completed one of the Cauldrons. It enabled me to override the Ravager and some others too. :datass:


Are you finding it easy to override them? One tactic is to call them over after you hide, and then just override when they're in range. With the bigger ones I highlighted their patrol track and just sneak up from behind. I think another viable way is to use ropecaster and then override.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by BOR » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:If you find yourself getting hung up about how the bandit camps play then you are pretty much missing the point of the game.

It may not be up there with BotW, but it does a few things very well indeed. Mostly the machine combat. (Another personal highlight for me was how the various datapoints helped to ramp up the main story drama, especially toward the end of the game.)

BOR wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
BOR wrote:Death of the Skies Quest.

It was difficult to manage the Stormbird but what I did is sneaking in the area and disabled the lure devices. And dragged the Stormbird to another area with other machines and I hide in the taller grass. Wait for Stormbird to cool down and when it had, it just flew away and disappeared. :lol: I didn't take a chance to kill it. :toot:


:lol: You big chicken!

I fought it by the Bellowbacks 8-) Its gust attack blew me off there into the river down below. THREE times. :lol: :fp:

Just did the Hunters Lodge missions :toot: The final one (T-Jaw + Ravagers) was *a lot* of fun, even if Aloy did end up getting smushed a good few time in a row.

:lol:

I tried to get back and kill it but it flew away. It's all about experiment the situation. ;)

I'm currently 40% into this and I've completed one of the Cauldrons. It enabled me to override the Ravager and some others too. :datass:


Are you finding it easy to override them? One tactic is to call them over after you hide, and then just override when they're in range. With the bigger ones I highlighted their patrol track and just sneak up from behind. I think another viable way is to use ropecaster and then override.

Yeah I am finding it easy to override them. I used the similar tactics as you on some enemies and it's not so hard to do it anyway.
"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Frank wrote:I'm trying to trade like a Fox, boar and... Turkey(?) skin for a new bow (I think), and I'm getting nothing. Even made a job for it in the hope it'd point me towards where the animals tend to herd but no luck :( Hoping I can get a decent bow from the Hunting Lodge quests but so far I've only done one of them!


I'm looking at one of the Meridian traders right now. It's the Shadow Rattler which requires skins. I bought it and never used it :slol: The Shadow bows are much easier to obtain, and I bet they're far more handier, too. Along with the shards all they cost are x1 Sawtooth Heart for the Sharpshot, x1 Trampler Heart for the War Bow, and a Watcher Heart for the Hunter Bow.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Frank » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:49 pm

I've got a Shadow Bow, I think. I was thinking the fast fire rate would be useful against the bigger things (the Ravager cannon's got a crazy fire rate and just seems to eat through everything!) :P
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:53 am

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try to plat this. Only need a few actual trophies (currently sat at 90%), but will probably take today and tomorrow to get it.

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend


► Link

Image

Image


► Link


► Link


► Link
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:53 am

Frank wrote:I've got a Shadow Bow, I think. I was thinking the fast fire rate would be useful against the bigger things (the Ravager cannon's got a crazy fire rate and just seems to eat through everything!) :P


Love that cannon :nod:
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Samuel_1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:06 am

Some of those gifs :shock: :D . What a game!
Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:19 am

If anyone is wondering about the outfits...

Eye mask outfit: keep playing main story.

Twinkly (it's a energy shield) outfit: complete Ancient Armoury side quest.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:21 am

Samuel_1 wrote:Some of those gifs :shock: :D . What a game!


His work earned him a visit to the studio!
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Denster » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Jesus. Those gifs look amazing. Is that on a Pro and 4k TV?
Love list


Super Dragon 64
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Gonna be streaming this to www.twitch.tv/grcadeUK just now.

Right at the start, so I've only just got my first couple of quests after becoming an adult. Join me and laugh at how inept I am!
Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image Image

DONATE TO SICK KIDS SAVE POINT 2016 HERE!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:26 am

Platinum GET.











Image

I honestly thought the story would be one of the game's weaker elements but, in the final third, when the revelations finally start to be revealed, it ended up being one of the most entertaining elements of the game. (I guess it helped that I chose to seek out and read/hear all the optional datapoints in the last few main story missions.)
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by KjGarly » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:46 am

What was your total play-time SoK?
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:56 am

KjGarly wrote:What was your total play-time SoK?


(Keep in mind that I am prone to leaving the game running when work/life calls me away...)

69h 29m 45s - 95.94% complete
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:03 am

Stormbird has a freaking shield ability?!


► Link
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Samuel_1 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:36 am

Saint of Killers wrote:Stormbird has a freaking shield ability?!


► Link

Don't think I've seen it use that?
Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Samuel_1 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:39 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
I honestly thought the story would be one of the game's weaker elements but, in the final third, when the revelations finally start to be revealed, it ended up being one of the most entertaining elements of the game. (I guess it helped that I chose to seek out and read/hear all the optional datapoints in the last few main story missions.)

Totally agree, I was surprised by the quality and how engaging it became. As I've mentioned before, the audio logs were brilliantly done.
Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Fade » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Farming animals for hearts so you can buy weapons is easily the worst part of this game. I've given up, killed 10+ lancehorns and no heart.

I'll just complete the game with what I have,

Image
Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by IAmTheSaladMan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:25 pm

One of the vendors in Meridian sells rarer machine parts like the hearts. I got most of what I needed from him. I found the animal bones and skins far more problematic, fish in particular seem to be incredibly rare and almost always drop meat rather than bones or skins
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Fade wrote:Farming animals for hearts so you can buy weapons is easily the worst part of this game. I've given up, killed 10+ lancehorns and no heart.

I'll just complete the game with what I have,

https://i.redd.it/s1el7jkcqnjy.jpg


IAmTheSaladMan wrote:One of the vendors in Meridian sells rarer machine parts like the hearts. I got most of what I needed from him. I found the animal bones and skins far more problematic, fish in particular seem to be incredibly rare and almost always drop meat rather than bones or skins


This. Hover over 'em with marker on the map and it'll tell you which one it is. A shame there isn't one which sells rare animal parts! ( :cry: I never did get my raccoon skin.)
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bear, D_C, Dowbocop, Garth, monkee, Tafdolphin and 33 guests