Battlefield V - Out 9th/15th/20th Nov. Campaign Trailer oout now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Monkey Man » Thu May 24, 2018 11:19 am

Photek wrote:Going by the Jack Frags video, I think I'll love this MP. It's getting further and further away from CoD's twitch based shooting mechanics which can only be a good thing. The Trailer is showing the campaign which is fair enough to criticize but lets be honest, Battlefields MP is what it's all about. I adored BF 4 and 1 so I'm hyped AF for this.

Hope that footage is from an X1X...


Yep it's sounding great, a bit more slower and tactical with a load of great features.

Trailer wasn't great but was showing off a load of the new features but was way too quick for anyone to notice viewing for the first time.



Looking forward to Snoop Dog & co showing the proper MP at E3.

Image
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Samuel_1 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:22 am

Photek wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:https://www.gamesradar.com/battlefield-5-learns-big-lessons-from-fortnite-and-destiny-to-potentially-become-the-only-shooter-youll-need-this-year/
Hmm, this really concerns me, EA looking for more ways in which to leach money out of people.

Could you quote me where you are getting the leaching money out of people thing? I can't see it.

I linked the wrong article, woops....
https://www.gamesradar.com/battlefield-5-season-pass-details-tides-of-war/
Put a bit more simply, Tides of War is like a season pass, but broken up into smaller, more easily digested chunks. If anything, thanks to the limited time aspect, it kind of sounds even more like a traditional TV season, ie. 'Be sure to tune in next week to witness more harrowing adventures of Sergeant Squarejaw McGraw!'

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu May 24, 2018 11:22 am

I'll keep an eye on it as Battlefield 1942 is still probably the one I look back on with the fondest memories, if not the one I played the most (BF3 probably).

They need to get "Mad" Jack Churchill in it as a playable character though. WWII with a Claymore and a Longbow. Yes please. Utterly Mental but it would be fun.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Photek » Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 am

Samuel_1 wrote:
Photek wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:https://www.gamesradar.com/battlefield-5-learns-big-lessons-from-fortnite-and-destiny-to-potentially-become-the-only-shooter-youll-need-this-year/
Hmm, this really concerns me, EA looking for more ways in which to leach money out of people.

Could you quote me where you are getting the leaching money out of people thing? I can't see it.

I linked the wrong article, woops....
https://www.gamesradar.com/battlefield-5-season-pass-details-tides-of-war/
Put a bit more simply, Tides of War is like a season pass, but broken up into smaller, more easily digested chunks. If anything, thanks to the limited time aspect, it kind of sounds even more like a traditional TV season, ie. 'Be sure to tune in next week to witness more harrowing adventures of Sergeant Squarejaw McGraw!'

Hmmm, being as I'll barely touch Single player and even Co-op to a certain extent (bar squad co-op in mp) I don't think it will be a big deal. I play fortnites themed events and haven't paid a penny for anything in it, if this is the same I'm happy. If it funds MP maps as Halo 5 and Gears 4 do then it's all good.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Samuel_1 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:32 am

Photek wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Photek wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:https://www.gamesradar.com/battlefield-5-learns-big-lessons-from-fortnite-and-destiny-to-potentially-become-the-only-shooter-youll-need-this-year/
Hmm, this really concerns me, EA looking for more ways in which to leach money out of people.

Could you quote me where you are getting the leaching money out of people thing? I can't see it.

I linked the wrong article, woops....
https://www.gamesradar.com/battlefield-5-season-pass-details-tides-of-war/
Put a bit more simply, Tides of War is like a season pass, but broken up into smaller, more easily digested chunks. If anything, thanks to the limited time aspect, it kind of sounds even more like a traditional TV season, ie. 'Be sure to tune in next week to witness more harrowing adventures of Sergeant Squarejaw McGraw!'

Hmmm, being as I'll barely touch Single player and even Co-op to a certain extent (bar squad co-op in mp) I don't think it will be a big deal. I play fortnites themed events and haven't paid a penny for anything in it, if this is the same I'm happy. If it funds MP maps as Halo 5 and Gears 4 do then it's all good.

But this includes multiplayer elements. It's a wait and see situation for me, I think DICE are a great developer, I just don't trust EA at all, for obvious reasons.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Photek » Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 am

Eurogamer interview is up and anything you can buy will be purely cosmetic ala Fortnite/Halo 5.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Samuel_1 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 am

Photek wrote:Eurogamer interview is up and anything you can buy will be purely cosmetic ala Fortnite/Halo 5.

That's fine then, you'll understand if I remain skeptical though.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
jezhumphrey75
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by jezhumphrey75 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 pm

Terrible trailer for what will be a great multiplayer game.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Photek » Thu May 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:
Photek wrote:Eurogamer interview is up and anything you can buy will be purely cosmetic ala Fortnite/Halo 5.

That's fine then, you'll understand if I remain skeptical though.

I don't think EA are stupid enough to repeat what Battlefront 2 went through.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Samuel_1 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:07 pm

Photek wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Photek wrote:Eurogamer interview is up and anything you can buy will be purely cosmetic ala Fortnite/Halo 5.

That's fine then, you'll understand if I remain skeptical though.

I don't think EA are stupid enough to repeat what Battlefront 2 went through.

Lets strawberry floating hope so. Activision seem to have no problem constantly taking the piss out of the D2 community and EA said they are forging ahead with loot boxes and the like, so I still have concerns.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Alvin Flummux » Thu May 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Photek wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Photek wrote:Eurogamer interview is up and anything you can buy will be purely cosmetic ala Fortnite/Halo 5.

That's fine then, you'll understand if I remain skeptical though.

I don't think EA are stupid enough to repeat what Battlefront 2 went through.


EA is still pushing loot boxes, so they're absolutely that stupid.

DICE has learned its lesson though.

Fetch me old brown trousers, bring them to me now, I'll wear them in the rigging as they fire across the bow. Fetch me old brown trousers, I fear we may be hit, for even if they shoot me now, they'll never see me... ;)
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Gemini73 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:13 pm

EA are absolutely soldiering on with loot boxes. They were quite clear about that just the other week or so ago.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by imbusydoctorwho » Thu May 24, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm certainly way more interested in this than Blops 4 as this actually has a story mode, but I'm not gonna get too excited as we all know how battlefront 2 turned out.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by BID0 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 pm



Might end up getting this after all

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Monkey Man » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:22 pm

"Battlefield V Deep-Dive: Gameplay Changes And Additions. We explain how immersion and squad play will change the way you play Battlefield." - https://www.battlefield.com/news/articl ... -additions

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Hime » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:25 am

Sounds cool. Although I prefer Cod's snappy movement and shooting to Battlefield's I'm glad this is going off on a more tactical direction, I just hope that new systems encourage teamwork and won't just be everyone running in different directions.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Peter Crisp » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:42 am

I think the medic and support class are going to be a lot more important now and for me that's fantastic.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by jawafour » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:43 am

Oh, man, I dislike this recent approach of games launching on different days depending on which "edition" you purchase. "Pay more for the Deluxe Edition so that you can play earlier!" :fp: .

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Fade » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:57 am

Translation: we're holding the game back for people who won't pay our ransom.

Having said that I'm quite interested in this. Did I hear wrong or are they going the free content updates with cosmetic micro transactions route?

Image
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Battlefield V - Out Oct 19th/16th/11th, 1st post updated with all the details
by Floex » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Fade wrote:Translation: we're holding the game back for people who won't pay our ransom.

Having said that I'm quite interested in this. Did I hear wrong or are they going the free content updates with cosmetic micro transactions route?


Yep, doing away with the premium pass, all maps for free.

Though it sounds like it might have a Fortnite Battlepass of some sorts to unlock further cosmetics.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cal, Hound, jawafour, kerr9000, KjGarly, Pedz, Peter Crisp, Red 5 stella, Trelliz and 52 guests