Science - strawberry float YEAH

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostScience - strawberry float YEAH
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:29 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19584301

A pioneering team from IBM in Zurich has published single-molecule images so detailed that the type of atomic bonds between their atoms can be discerned.


Image

So, this month we've confirmed the Higgs Boson and now we're goggling at the bonds between atoms. Too easy. What else have you got, universe?
Last edited by Gently-Parted Ringpiece on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Lagamorph » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Science :wub:

I'd love them to release some High res images for use as desktop backgrounds.
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
blackoutHERO
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by blackoutHERO » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:20 pm

God is good.
eat gooseberry fool glowy
User avatar
Mr Yoshi
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Mr Yoshi » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 pm

So, if I move a scalpel through the air really quickly, and break one of those piddly bonds, it'll create a nuclear explosion? Wow.
User avatar
OnlyShallow
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cigarette City

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by OnlyShallow » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Falsey wrote:What else have you got, universe?


Well, next month we are going to discover God, living in a cave on Mars. Then science is going to shoot him in the face with the Higgs Boson gun that they armed Curiosity with.
Image
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Dual » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Well done science: we're in the middle of the worst recession in generations and an age of unrivalled social discontent but you've managed to take a photo of an atom.

Brilliant. Tell that to the 99%.
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:28 pm

OnlyShallow wrote:
Falsey wrote:What else have you got, universe?


Well, next month we are going to discover God, living in a cave on Mars. Then science is going to shoot him in the face with the Higgs Boson gun that they armed Curiosity with.


Does this face look like a killer to you?

Image
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Dual wrote:Well done science: we're in the middle of the worst recession in generations and an age of unrivalled social discontent but you've managed to take a photo of an atom.

Brilliant. Tell that to the 99%.


Yeah mate, I agree. What we should do is scale back our technology and development to match the circumstances of that in the third world. That'll learn em.
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Lagamorph » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Falsey wrote:
OnlyShallow wrote:
Falsey wrote:What else have you got, universe?


Well, next month we are going to discover God, living in a cave on Mars. Then science is going to shoot him in the face with the Higgs Boson gun that they armed Curiosity with.


Does this face look like a killer to you?

Image

Looks like someone took out one of Johnny 5's eyes.
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Image
User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Lime » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Well done you've made it look just like a face.
The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.

3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:55 pm

thankyou
User avatar
Archaeon
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Archaeon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:03 pm

strawberry float yeah Zurich 8-)
i heard the voice of god in my head so i grabbed a rock in a fashionista way
User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Dblock » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

God is great .
''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The north of Ireland.

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Meep » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

blackoutHERO wrote:God is good.

Screw God, at this rate humanity is going to put him out of a job. 8-)
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Lagamorph » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Meep wrote:
blackoutHERO wrote:God is good.

Screw God, at this rate humanity is going to put him out of a job. 8-)

Hope not. Imagine the benefit he'll be able to claim for the Earth's rent and 7 billion children.
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Dblock » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Meep wrote:
blackoutHERO wrote:God is good.

Screw God, at this rate humanity is going to put him out of a job. 8-)


You can't even do laundry . gooseberry fool brain
''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

It does make you wonder, if humanity can get gooseberry fool like this sorted and we're a strawberry floating mess, what in the name of all that is holy are the super alien races doing?
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: The north of Ireland.

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Meep » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Dblock wrote:
Meep wrote:
blackoutHERO wrote:God is good.

Screw God, at this rate humanity is going to put him out of a job. 8-)


You can't even do laundry . gooseberry fool brain

:?:

Anyway...


Falsey wrote:It does make you wonder, if humanity can get gooseberry fool like this sorted and we're a strawberry floating mess, what in the name of all that is holy are the super alien races doing?


If science fiction has taught us anything it's that the super advanced, enlightened races always hang back and let the heroes fight it out so as not to ruin the story with unsatisfying deus ex machina, unless the plot gets really bogged down.
Last edited by Meep on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: Science - strawberry float YEAH
by Dblock » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Meep wrote:
Dblock wrote:
Meep wrote:
blackoutHERO wrote:God is good.

Screw God, at this rate humanity is going to put him out of a job. 8-)


You can't even do laundry . gooseberry fool brain

:?:

Anyway...


You sound like a girl .
''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dowbocop, euan707, Finiarél, Frank, Google [Bot], Kanbei, Karl, Mafro, mcjihge2, Monkey Man, more heat than light, Oblomov Boblomov, Poser, PuppetBoy, Qikz, Saint of Killers, Skippy, Yahoo [Bot] and 45 guests