Shenmue III (PS4/PC) - Coming 2019 | Gamescom trailer p26

Anything to do with games at all.
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by HSH28 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:28 am

CuriousOyster wrote:Ive barely played Shenmue, but, I know what this means. Best E3 ever.


This is the kind of opinion I just don't understand.

How does the sequel to a game you obviously aren't interested in make it the best E3 ever for you?

User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by gamerforever » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:30 am

HSH28 wrote:
CuriousOyster wrote:Ive barely played Shenmue, but, I know what this means. Best E3 ever.


This is the kind of opinion I just don't understand.

How does the sequel to a game you obviously aren't interested in make it the best E3 ever for you?


It's a game many have wanted for years. Stop trolling because it wasn't on your precious MS Conference!

User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by CuriousOyster » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:31 am

Along with FF7 remake, more Last Guardian, GOW Remake, GOW 4 and Xbox 360 backwards compatiability to name a few (just catching up on e3). Its monumental, a gaming myth actually happening much like FF7 remake.

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Poser » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:31 am

HSH28 wrote:Those guys shouting "It's real" and "We did it!"

Seriously, get a grip.


You are one of the most singularly joyless people I have ever encountered.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Moggy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:31 am

gamerforever wrote:Nearly at £2 Million! I think its essential we get up to $10 Million to ensure multiplatform releases and HD ports of the first two. The more people that get this franchise, the better!


You know it's big news when gamerforever wants a multiplatform release of a PS4 exclusive. ;)

User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by GrinWithoutaKat » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:32 am

Shenmue barely scraped over a million copies sold. The buzz over this is because it's fans are vocal/part of games media, so I'd say it's done well if it hits the $5m that Bloodstained did.

Image
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by HSH28 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:33 am

gamerforever wrote:It's a game many have wanted for years. Stop trolling because it wasn't on your precious MS Conference!


I have no bias one way or the other, it'd be the same if the game was at the MS conference.

If you don't care about Shenmue then why would you care that they announced Shenmue III? Why would someone who wasn't interested in the original give a gooseberry fool about what other people have wanted for years to the extent that it made this E3 'the best ever'.

It doesn't make any sense to me.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by NickSCFC » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:33 am

HSH28 wrote:Those guys shouting "It's real" and "We did it!"

Seriously, get a grip.


The salt coming from you this morning.

Had this been an Xbox exclusive you'd be singing it's praises.

Take a long hard look at yourself before telling others to "get a grip".

Image Image
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by gamerforever » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:34 am

Moggy wrote:
gamerforever wrote:Nearly at £2 Million! I think its essential we get up to $10 Million to ensure multiplatform releases and HD ports of the first two. The more people that get this franchise, the better!


You know it's big news when gamerforever wants a multiplatform release of a PS4 exclusive. ;)


Yep, I want EVERYONE to enjoy this, because it is such an amazing game!

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Frank » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:34 am

"How dare people get excited about something they're passionate about"

I've just backed for the $500 option. Bit of a price hike for the full collection of toy capsules but #yolo. I've waited 14 years for this.

Can you get a functional Dreamcast emulator yet? Cba waiting for them to not announce a HD version, I want it nowwwww.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find some sailors?"

Image
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by HSH28 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:35 am

Poser wrote:
HSH28 wrote:Those guys shouting "It's real" and "We did it!"

Seriously, get a grip.


You are one of the most singularly joyless people I have ever encountered.


That's just about as ridiculous as a fully grown professional games journalist incoherently shouting 'We did it!' over and over because a game got announced. That's not joy, its utter insanity.

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by HSH28 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:37 am

Frank wrote:"How dare people get excited about something they're passionate about"


If that's aimed at me, you've misunderstood what I've said.

User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Dig Dug » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:37 am

Image
Goal reached.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Wedgie » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:38 am

I miss this kind of epic trolling Hugo.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Poser » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:41 am

HSH28 wrote:
That's just about as ridiculous as a fully grown professional games journalist incoherently shouting 'We did it!' over and over because a game got announced. That's not joy, its utter insanity.


Well, it obviously was joy. By its very definition. He was joyous/joyful.

Also, how can you say I'm being ridiculous? How do you know how many people I've encountered, and how joyless they each were? You make Ad7 look like Timmy Mallett (sorry Ad, you big grump). If you can't raise a smile at grown men being very excited about something they clearly feel very strongly about, then I don't know how else to describe you.



(Took less than two hours to regret taking you off ignore, btw.)

Last edited by Poser on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Frank » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:41 am

HSH28 wrote:
Frank wrote:"How dare people get excited about something they're passionate about"


If that's aimed at me, you've misunderstood what I've said.


"It's real!"
"Get a grip"

What were you trying to say, then?

Image
User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Rog » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:43 am

Well it's funded. £2m in 9 hours. It is official.

Anything is possible.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Venom » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:48 am

Two big questions answered on the Kickstarter page.

Will there be an Xbox/Wii U/Linux/Mac version for Shenmue 3?
Currently we are planning development only for PC (Windows) and PS4. Other platforms have not been decided yet.

Are there plans for the HD versions of Shenmue 1 & 2?
The property rights for Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 belong to SEGA, so we are not in a position to comment on that.

User avatar
Labo Banana Split
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Labo Banana Split » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:48 am

HSH28 wrote:Those guys shouting "It's real" and "We did it!"

Seriously, get a grip.


I played Shenmue I & II and while they were passable I thought the control scheme crippled the whole thing
I would expect a third game - unless it was drastically different - to be a colossal disappointment given the expectation of fans
However...

There's no need to be an outright dickhead about this.

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by HSH28 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:49 am

Poser wrote:Well, it obviously was joy. By its very definition. He was joyous/joyful.


The guy saying over and over that 'we did it' had clearly lost his grip on reality.

Poser wrote:Also, how can you say I'm being ridiculous? How do you know how many people I've encountered, and how joyless they each were? You make Ad7 look like Timmy Mallett (sorry Ad, you big grump). If you can't raise a smile at grown men being very excited about something they clearly feel very strongly about, then I don't know how else to describe you.


Because other than a few very limited interactions on this board you have absolutely no idea what I'm like.

Frank wrote:"It's real"
"Get a grip"

What were you trying to say, then?


Nothing against excitement, not what I'd call that. And it was more the guy who suddenly seemed to think he'd personally had a hand in Shenmue 3 being announced than anything.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boo!, Brerlappin, hamm sandwich, HSH28, KjGarly, Red 5 stella, Saint of Killers, SerialCeler, Shafto, Tafdolphin, Trelliz and 47 guests