gooseberry fool Internet signal

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

Postgooseberry fool Internet signal
by Glowy69 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:06 pm

Guys,

I'm shortly to be moving in with my girlfriend while we save for a house. Now the most important thing is her Internet is up to speed. It isn't.

She has sky unlimited BB. But she is on the 3rd floor, and her brothers all have consoles which are connected daily.

She struggles to use anything, now tv, netflix, chromecast ,it won't connect, or just buffers. Without upgrading to sky fibre, is there anything I can buy to make he signal better? I've seen some plug type things that turn your wireless connection wired?

Ta. :wub:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: gooseberry fool Internet signal
by That's not a growth » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:18 pm

You're thinking of home plugs, which work on anything with an ethernet port, but not most tablets or any phones, but could be used to attach some sort of hub to I guess.

Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: gooseberry fool Internet signal
by Glowy69 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:20 pm

That's not a growth wrote:You're thinking of home plugs, which work on anything with an ethernet port, but not most tablets or any phones, but could be used to attach some sort of hub to I guess.


I'm thinking of my ps4 and xbox when i get them there. Would that turn what would be a wifi signal into a hard wired connection? That solves our netflix and now tv issues.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: gooseberry fool Internet signal
by That's not a growth » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:22 pm

glowy69 wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:You're thinking of home plugs, which work on anything with an ethernet port, but not most tablets or any phones, but could be used to attach some sort of hub to I guess.


I'm thinking of my ps4 and xbox when i get them there. Would that turn what would be a wifi signal into a hard wired connection? That solves our netflix and now tv issues.


Yeah, it would for those, and it's probably your best bet.

Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: gooseberry fool Internet signal
by Glowy69 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:30 pm

That's not a growth wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:You're thinking of home plugs, which work on anything with an ethernet port, but not most tablets or any phones, but could be used to attach some sort of hub to I guess.


I'm thinking of my ps4 and xbox when i get them there. Would that turn what would be a wifi signal into a hard wired connection? That solves our netflix and now tv issues.


Yeah, it would for those, and it's probably your best bet.


Good stuff, cheers mate.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image

Return to “Stuff”