Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Should England and other countries boycott the next World Cup?

Yay
27
79%
Nay
7
21%
 
Total votes: 34
User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Fatal Exception » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:15 pm

What jurisdiction does the FBI have over FIFA? Why do they care about sports? :lol:
The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Skippy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:18 pm

England boycotting it would do nothing, we would need other countries to join - Spain, Germany etc.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Saint of Killers » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:20 pm

[iup=3616213]Fatal Exception[/iup] wrote:What jurisdiction does the FBI have over FIFA? Why do they care about sports? :lol:


They're upset that their mates England didn't get the World Cup bid innit.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by bear » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Even though I'm not in favour of the idea I think that the threat of an independent European Super League is the only thing that will lead to real reform within FIFA.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Tomous » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:24 pm

[iup=3616213]Fatal Exception[/iup] wrote:What jurisdiction does the FBI have over FIFA? Why do they care about sports? :lol:



FIFA operate in the USA and the industry of the organisation is irrelevant to the FBI-it's a huge company who make a lot of money.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

Postlol sports!1
by Saint of Killers » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:29 pm

[iup=3616225]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3616213]Fatal Exception[/iup] wrote:What jurisdiction does the FBI have over FIFA? Why do they care about sports? :lol:



FIFA operate in the USA and the industry of the organisation is irrelevant to the FBI-it's a huge company who make a lot of money.


There's also the fact the US' bid for the 2022 World Cup may have been undermined by illegal activities of voting members.
User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: lol sports!1
by Fatal Exception » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:34 pm

[iup=3616228]Saint of Killers[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3616225]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3616213]Fatal Exception[/iup] wrote:What jurisdiction does the FBI have over FIFA? Why do they care about sports? :lol:



FIFA operate in the USA and the industry of the organisation is irrelevant to the FBI-it's a huge company who make a lot of money.


There's also the fact the US' bid for the 2022 World Cup may have been undermined by illegal activities of voting members.


Illegal how though? It's a sporting event. Although bribes were probably given, is this a criminal matter unless government officials are involved?
The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Saint of Killers » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:40 pm

Illegal in the sense that it's breaking anti-corruption laws and FIFA ethics codes. Which, btw, have been in place for all of ooh, a decade :slol:
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: lol sports!1
by Tomous » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:45 pm

[iup=3616231]Fatal Exception[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3616228]Saint of Killers[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3616225]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3616213]Fatal Exception[/iup] wrote:What jurisdiction does the FBI have over FIFA? Why do they care about sports? :lol:



FIFA operate in the USA and the industry of the organisation is irrelevant to the FBI-it's a huge company who make a lot of money.


There's also the fact the US' bid for the 2022 World Cup may have been undermined by illegal activities of voting members.


Illegal how though? It's a sporting event. Although bribes were probably given, is this a criminal matter unless government officials are involved?



I imagine there are laws in the USA surrounding the tender process for a business contract.

Additionally, bids cost a huge amount of money. If the process isn't legit, you have essentially defrauded the parties bidding.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Saint of Killers » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:48 pm

I'm starting to think FE hails from Saudi Arabia.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by abcd » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Countries like Gibraltar, San Marino and Lichtenstein should all boycott as well.
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Saint of Killers » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Also Geoffrey Boycott. His name is Boycott so that'd make it 100% official.
KB
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by KB » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:52 pm

[iup=3616241]abcd[/iup] wrote:Countries like Gibraltar, San Marino and Lichtenstein should all boycott as well.

Scotland have been boycotting it since 1998, you are all a bit behind. :roll:
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Moggy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:52 pm

[iup=3616203]Tomous[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3616189]Moggy[/iup] wrote:I guess one of the problems with England looking petulant by boycotting the next World Cup is that the 2018 tournament is the one we put in a bid for, but is not the one causing all of the controversy. Even though Russia has a horrendous record on racism and homophobia, that bid has not really been brought into question probably because it isn’t going to be hot.

Can we boycott Russia 2018 because we don’t like Qatar 2022?



Qatar is more controversial because of the adverse conditions in the country but the Russia bid was investigated too and I think they denied Garcia entry to the country and weren't at all complaint with his requests for information/documentation.


I fully agree, I think the Russian bid was as (if not more) corrupt than Qatar. My point was that none of the FA or ex FA officials or the news organisations pick up on that, everything is about Qatar.

The former head of the FA (David Bernstein) said, “It's certainly not sour grapes. England didn't lose to Qatar, we lost to Russia. Qatar is clearly a totally unsuitable place to hold a World Cup”. They have no interest in looking at Russian corruption and I doubt they are really all that bothered about Qatar corruption, the only reason the FA gives a gooseberry fool is because a Qatar World Cup will mean the domestic game is messed up for a season or two.

FIFA are disgraceful but our own FA are a bunch of self interested buffoons.
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by lex-man » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:02 pm

I think the use of what amounts to slavery to construct the stadiums in Qatar is terrible and I would fully support a boycott. As people have said it doesn't really matter what we look like it's about doing the right thing.
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Dual » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Need to get Spain and Germany to boycott it to make a real difference.
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:48 pm

[iup=3616291]Dual[/iup] wrote:Need to get Spain and Germany to boycott it to make a real difference.


Indeed. If we were the only country to boycott fifa would just ignore it and carry on. We would need at least two other big nations to join in. Anything less would be ignored. I still think fifa would play hard ball in the situation unless there was around 10 countries refusing and some sponsors pulling out.

u think currently the only country who would join in would be Australia.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Skippy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:38 pm

[iup=3616299]Return_of_the_STAR[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3616291]Dual[/iup] wrote:Need to get Spain and Germany to boycott it to make a real difference.


Indeed. If we were the only country to boycott fifa would just ignore it and carry on. We would need at least two other big nations to join in. Anything less would be ignored. I still think fifa would play hard ball in the situation unless there was around 10 countries refusing and some sponsors pulling out.

u think currently the only country who would join in would be Australia.


I believe the FA played ball with the German FA recently. They stepped aside to let us get the Euro 2020 final and in returning we're stepping aside to let them bid for something else. Could work together again possibly.

Anyone boycotting it is a huge if though.
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Memento Mori » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:46 pm

[iup=3616210]Mafro[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3616189]Moggy[/iup] wrote:I guess one of the problems with England looking petulant by boycotting the next World Cup is that the 2018 tournament is the one we put in a bid for, but is not the one causing all of the controversy. Even though Russia has a horrendous record on racism and homophobia, that bid has not really been brought into question probably because it isn’t going to be hot.

Can we boycott Russia 2018 because we don’t like Qatar 2022?

I wonder how much cash Abramovich and his mates coughed up for the World Cup in Russia? I'm sure the African and South American teams are looking forward to the monkey chants and bananas raining down on them.

Sepp Blatter told me handshakes solve racism.

[iup=3616217]Skippy[/iup] wrote:England boycotting it would do nothing, we would need other countries to join - Spain, Germany etc.


Spain are unlikely to if what I read in the Sunday Times about them agreeing to swap votes with Qatar is true.
User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: Should England/The FA boycott the World Cup?
by Dblock » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:37 pm

NEWS FLASH: English team is regarded as a joke team around the world.

Other countries are not going to throw away the chance to win it.

England will never ever win the world cup again . First time they won was bloody hilarious that people call it ''world cup'' :slol:
''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], D_C, Errkal, more heat than light, Oblomov Boblomov, Preezy, Qikz, Somebody Else's Problem, Tafdolphin, That's not a growth, Trelliz, wensleydale, Yahoo [Bot] and 62 guests