SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - Cheeky Devlin makes it! Hang in there, guys!
by NBK » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:47 pm

[iup=3587553]Dig Dug[/iup] wrote:I had to pack it in early which I do feel pretty bad about. The laptop my housemate set up for me crashed and I also started to feel really unwell on top of that. I thought I was starting to feel good after eating an entire 7 piece pack of bacon this morning but I started to feel worse as the day went on. I think I stopped at around 2pm which is 8 hours short of the target time but at that point I had already been awake for 26 hours while suffering with a cold and the pains of a recent root drilling at the dentist. For what it is worth my two house mates played games with me from 10pm-7am so they did 18 hours between them. 7 and a half of those hours were spent playing Phantasy Star Online local co-op.

I'm sorry I couldn't have managed the full 24 hours, a lot of things went wrong for me this weekend really.


The fact that you took part is more than enough, mate. I hadn't realised you were feeling as rough as you were, I'm surprised you managed as long as you did! And good job getting your flat mates involved, let them share the pain!

Not long to go now, Slayerx!

Image
User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - Slayerx on the home straight!
by Dig Dug » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Well one of my house mates is an insomniac and the other doesn't really give a gooseberry fool about sleeping, they would have kept playing had they not had arrangements today to be honest.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - Slayerx on the home straight!
by Cheeky Devlin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:05 pm

[iup=3587606]Dig Dug[/iup] wrote:Well one of my house mates is an insomniac and the other doesn't really give a gooseberry fool about sleeping, they would have kept playing had they not had arrangements today to be honest.


You gave it a bash man, that's all the matters. :D

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - Slayerx on the home straight!
by Slayerx » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Fin.


Bed time I'm so tired I'll post more tomorrow about the experience.

Night!

User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - Slayerx on the home straight!
by NBK » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Fantastic work, chaps, you all did brilliantly :D

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:14 am

Well done Shawn!

I must say I thought that there were more than three of us doing it this year. Need to do something special for the 2015 one. Get an official GRcade Sick Kids Save Point event organised where we meet up and game for 24 hours.

Either way I think we did great. Not sure what Dig Dug managed to raise, but over £500 between SlayerX and myself is a fantastic contribution. So proud of us all. :wub:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by NBK » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:49 pm

[iup=3587788]Cheeky Devlin[/iup] wrote:Well done Shawn!

I must say I thought that there were more than three of us doing it this year. Need to do something special for the 2015 one. Get an official GRcade Sick Kids Save Point event organised where we meet up and game for 24 hours.

Either way I think we did great. Not sure what Dig Dug managed to raise, but over £500 between SlayerX and myself is a fantastic contribution. So proud of us all. :wub:


And so you should be! Thank you so, so much for taking part, a fantastic amount raised indeed :wub:

And yes, you join a very small group of GR SKSP reps which includes myself and YouSmellofWee. Having Green Gecko involved with prizes and the website piece was a great help though, for sure. A bigger team for next year would be brilliant :)

GRCade's mission might have ended for the year but there are still plenty of others powering on; two folk from Rockstar North are trying for 36 hours each and there are a team who are recreating the whole Sick Kids Hospital in Minecraft! Here's a wee work in progress shot they posted earlier:

Image

:o

Image
User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by Dig Dug » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:27 pm

[iup=3587788]Cheeky Devlin[/iup] wrote:Either way I think we did great. Not sure what Dig Dug managed to raise, but over £500 between SlayerX and myself is a fantastic contribution. So proud of us all. :wub:

I think I made a tenner.

User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by NBK » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:44 pm

It all counts, mate. £3 covers a bed for a parent for the night while their child's in (a service I've had to use before) so everything helps.

Some folk are just starting their sessions now, including a guy who's going to play as 92 teams in FIFA 15. I'm not the biggest football fan at the best of times, I'd hate to think what 24 hours of FIFA would do!

Image
User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by Dig Dug » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Just wondering NBK does Sick Kids Foundation run all year or just October? My uni are trying to find a new charity they can do for their big marathon and the best options at the moment are all American and are therefore a pain in the arse to use.

User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by NBK » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:27 pm

[iup=3588355]Dig Dug[/iup] wrote:Just wondering NBK does Sick Kids Foundation run all year or just October? My uni are trying to find a new charity they can do for their big marathon and the best options at the moment are all American and are therefore a pain in the arse to use.


The Sick Kids Friends Foundation runs fund raising events all year, but Sick Kids Save Point usually takes place over the first or second weekend in October.

If your Uni already have something lined up to do though, I'm sure they'd be welcome to tie in with this year's. Let me know and I can pass on some contacts :)

Image
User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by Dig Dug » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:23 pm

[iup=3588412]NBK[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3588355]Dig Dug[/iup] wrote:Just wondering NBK does Sick Kids Foundation run all year or just October? My uni are trying to find a new charity they can do for their big marathon and the best options at the moment are all American and are therefore a pain in the arse to use.


The Sick Kids Friends Foundation runs fund raising events all year, but Sick Kids Save Point usually takes place over the first or second weekend in October.

If your Uni already have something lined up to do though, I'm sure they'd be welcome to tie in with this year's. Let me know and I can pass on some contacts :)

That's great. I'll let them know all about it.

User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by NBK » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Awesome :)

That's everyone finished their session and there's a write up on the main SKSP site. The hospital looks brilliant in its finished state. Even more so when you realise that it was built in Survival Mode! :shock:

http://sickkidssavepoint.com/2014/10/13 ... n-the-bag/

Image
EDIT: Sorry, thought I'd posted the photo already!

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Saw that yesterday and was rather impressed. Especially since it was done in Survival mode. :D

Think they said that over £8000 was raised in total. Really glad I took part in it this year. Was good to do something worthwhile. :D

However I was going through my Twitch stream to look for a few bits to publish as highlights and for huge amounts of it there was no game audio being streamed, just my microphone audio. :fp:

Must have been an issue when I was switching games as some have audio and some don't. I'm mostly annoyed that I didn't have it for my Dark Souls run, where I nearly beat Ornstein and Smough on my 1st attempt before doing it on my 3rd try.

Though I do have a highlight of a nice double-headshot from Blood Dragon. :D


Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by Slayerx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:26 pm

So I apologise for anyone who watched my stream as you probably saw me playing Diablo.

The one thing I learnt after playing Diablo 3 during the marathon is that it's the best game I have ever played and after playing it for about 17 hours I'm still playing it daily.

The remaining 7 hours were dedicated to Destiny and I really tried to enjoy this game but It's such a disappointment and it's just dull.

Collecting my offline money tomorrow from work and then just going to pay it online via card and will be sending them a chq for £100 that work gave me.

I'm already thinking of next year and how I can raise even more money for this amazing charity :wub:

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:00 pm

[iup=3590805]Slayerx[/iup] wrote:So I apologise for anyone who watched my stream as you probably saw me playing Diablo.

The one thing I learnt after playing Diablo 3 during the marathon is that it's the best game I have ever played and after playing it for about 17 hours I'm still playing it daily.

The remaining 7 hours were dedicated to Destiny and I really tried to enjoy this game but It's such a disappointment and it's just dull.

Collecting my offline money tomorrow from work and then just going to pay it online via card and will be sending them a chq for £100 that work gave me.

I'm already thinking of next year and how I can raise even more money for this amazing charity :wub:


Naked gaming marathon?

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by Slayerx » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:19 pm

Probably get paid to keep my clothes on :P

User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: SKSP FIVE - GRcade Mission: Complete \o/
by NBK » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:42 pm

[iup=3590805]Slayerx[/iup] wrote:I'm already thinking of next year and how I can raise even more money for this amazing charity :wub:
:wub:
[iup=3590925]Cheeky Devlin[/iup] wrote:Naked gaming marathon?

:dread:

Glad you enjoyed it so much :)

Plans are already being made for next year by the sounds of things! I'll update once the prize draw has happened to see who won the GR t-shirts!

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank, Godzilla, kazanova_Frankenstein, mic, more heat than light, NickSCFC, Oblomov Boblomov, Poser, Robbo-92, TonyDA, Trelliz and 57 guests