Smash Bros. Switch - 12th June Late Night Invitational Tournament

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by shy guy 64 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:44 am

Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:im seem to vaguely recall last time around, on sonm when i expressed my desire to see a certain users gave me grief because of their perceived idea that he did not have enough of his own ablities

cant remember who though i have a pretty good idea

Literally wtf am I reading here


an expression of hesitation in sharing my most wanted newcomer

Image
User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by OrangeRakoon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:46 am

...Ridley is too big?

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Jezo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:10 am

shy guy 64 wrote:
Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:im seem to vaguely recall last time around, on sonm when i expressed my desire to see a certain users gave me grief because of their perceived idea that he did not have enough of his own ablities

cant remember who though i have a pretty good idea

Literally wtf am I reading here


an expression of hesitation in sharing my most wanted newcomer

Oh my strawberry floating god are you still on this Toad gooseberry fool?

Image
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by shy guy 64 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:im seem to vaguely recall last time around, on sonm when i expressed my desire to see a certain users gave me grief because of their perceived idea that he did not have enough of his own ablities

cant remember who though i have a pretty good idea

Literally wtf am I reading here


an expression of hesitation in sharing my most wanted newcomer

Oh my strawberry floating god are you still on this Toad gooseberry fool?


i was right it was you

some things never change and all that

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Tomous » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:53 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:...Ridley is too big?


I’ve never quite got the community’s obsession with Ridley being in it. I get that’s there’s a lack of Metroid representation in the roster...but that’s because it’s a series about an isolated hero in Space.

User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Met » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:12 pm

I wouldn't mind Ridley, but I just hope it's not a reskinned Charizard with Rock Smash replaced with a tail swipe or something.

I honestly wouldn't mind a smaller roster if it gave them time to rework some characters. I'm aware that Link and Toon Link play differently, but I really wish there weren't so many "X but slightly heavier." slots.

Unfortunately, most of them are too entrenched and Ganondorf players would flip their gooseberry fool if they had to relearn a character that actually made use of magic and/or swords.

But seriously, where the strawberry float is playable Skull Kid?

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Jezo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:40 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:im seem to vaguely recall last time around, on sonm when i expressed my desire to see a certain users gave me grief because of their perceived idea that he did not have enough of his own ablities

cant remember who though i have a pretty good idea

Literally wtf am I reading here


an expression of hesitation in sharing my most wanted newcomer

Oh my strawberry floating god are you still on this Toad gooseberry fool?


i was right it was you

some things never change and all that

So funny. Good times eh?

Image
Image
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm

I'd love if Snake returned, doubt it'll happen though.

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by OrangeRakoon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Snake and the codec calls are probably the main reason Brawl is the best smash bros game

User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by PuppetBoy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:Snake and the codec calls are probably the main reason Brawl is the best smash bros game


They were amazing. :wub: I did enjoy the Pit/Palutena conversations in 4, but they weren't as good.

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by shy guy 64 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:im seem to vaguely recall last time around, on sonm when i expressed my desire to see a certain users gave me grief because of their perceived idea that he did not have enough of his own ablities

cant remember who though i have a pretty good idea

Literally wtf am I reading here


an expression of hesitation in sharing my most wanted newcomer

Oh my strawberry floating god are you still on this Toad gooseberry fool?


i was right it was you

some things never change and all that

So funny. Good times eh?


you clearly remember it better than i

Image
User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Kriken » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Don't mind a lot of clones characters since some would just be costumes anyway. Lucina was going to be a Marth costume but with very little effort was made into another character (slightly shorter and with no strong tip). I like the slight differences sometimes, they can be nice. Especially when they seem slight but actually amount to a lot. But I'm glad they didn't do an MK8 and clutter the character select screen with Kooplings.

For sure though, Ganondorf is overdue a moveset makeover. Pretty much only his side-B had a big change and it still looks like Falcon's raptor boost anyway.

Image
User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by PuppetBoy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Travis Touchdown might be a good shout for this with the new No More Heroes game on the way.

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by DML » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:39 pm

These are my Smash predictions for prosperity! I can't stop thinking about what Nintendo will do!

Ones I'm extremely confident on have an asterisk = *

New characters -

Spring Man/Ribbon Girl*
Geno
Waluigi*
Pauline
Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)*
Ridley*
Dillon
Midna/Wolf Link*
Incineroar OR Decidueye OR Lycanroc OR Gen 8 Pokemon
New Fire Emblem Character
Isabelle or KK Slider (Animal Crossing)
A Labo inspired fighter

Third Party -

Rayman*
Shovel Knight*
Travis Touchdown
Sora
Professor Layton

Returns -

Wolf return*
Ice Climbers return*

Dr Mario out
Lucina out
Greninja out
Shulk out
Dark Pit out
Paulutena out
Roy, Ike and Marth out
Wii Fit Trainer out
Cloud and Ryu out
Olimar out

Outfield prediction --->Characters to be bundled together by studio and a team mechanic added - this will largely be done as DLC.

For instance -
Ryu/Megaman/Arthur - Capcom
Rabbid (able to switch costumes)/Rayman - Ubisoft

Who I really want to see -

Geno, Midna, Travis Touchdown, KK Slider, Tails, Phoenix Wright, Sparkster, Krystal

Image
User avatar
Riksilver
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Riksilver » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:50 pm

DML wrote:Roy, Ike and Marth out

I would actually flip my gooseberry fool if Ike doesn't get in. Ike is and forever will be the absolute boi and anyone who disagrees needs to be aethered straight into the sun.

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Frank » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:03 pm

We like Ike

Image
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Jazzem » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:49 pm

I reckon Ike's popular enough to stay, plus he's pretty unique in playstyle despite being one of many FE sword wielders

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by shy guy 64 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:37 pm

DML wrote:These are my Smash predictions for prosperity! I can't stop thinking about what Nintendo will do!

Ones I'm extremely confident on have an asterisk = *

New characters -

Spring Man/Ribbon Girl*
Geno
Waluigi*
Pauline
Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)*
Ridley*
Dillon
Midna/Wolf Link*
Incineroar OR Decidueye OR Lycanroc OR Gen 8 Pokemon
New Fire Emblem Character
Isabelle or KK Slider (Animal Crossing)
A Labo inspired fighter

Third Party -

Rayman*
Shovel Knight*
Travis Touchdown
Sora
Professor Layton

Returns -

Wolf return*
Ice Climbers return*

Dr Mario out
Lucina out
Greninja out
Shulk out
Dark Pit out
Paulutena out
Roy, Ike and Marth out
Wii Fit Trainer out
Cloud and Ryu out
Olimar out

Outfield prediction --->Characters to be bundled together by studio and a team mechanic added - this will largely be done as DLC.

For instance -
Ryu/Megaman/Arthur - Capcom
Rabbid (able to switch costumes)/Rayman - Ubisoft

Who I really want to see -

Geno, Midna, Travis Touchdown, KK Slider, Tails, Phoenix Wright, Sparkster, Krystal


may i ask about your logic for your predictions? or is just gut feeling? just curious

Image
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Jazzem » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Man I really don't want to lose any of the Smash 4 third party characters...I'll even happily buy them again as DLC if need be

User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: Smash Bros. - Announced for Switch - Inkling announced
by Kriken » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:42 pm

"Roy, Ike and Marth out"

lol I really doubt it. Maybe Roy won't make the cut but I'm pretty confident Ike will and I'm extremely confident Marth will.

If a Smash character has been in two successive Smash games then they've always returned. Ice Climbers is the only exception to this rule as far as I'm aware, and apparently that was because of 3DS limitations.

I could see Lucina going in favour of a more flavour-of-the-season Fire Emblem character. But not Olimar because of what I said earlier and because of how iconic he is; he's still the face of the Pikmin games, having been in all of them.

I don't think we'll get Ridley until Sakurai stops being involved in the Smash games to be honest (not that I'm bothered honestly), but who knows. He might be announced as a DLC character in the run-up to Metroid Prime 4, with a design based on this latest appearance (Ridley will probably be in MP4, anyway).

I would love to see Travis Touchdown make an appearance, even if I end up not liking Smash 5. He's one of my favourite videogame characters with some great dialogue. I'd look forward to seeing what lines they'd give him in-game and on the victory screen.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brerlappin, Diceman, Google [Bot], more heat than light, NickSCFC, OldSoulCyborg, OrangeRakoon, Pedz, poshrule_uk, shy guy 64, suzzopher, Trelliz and 37 guests