SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Advent7 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 pm

darksideby182 wrote:Finally get to open mine today (will try it out tonight).

Worst it's my birthday post.


Hb

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Preezy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 pm

darksideby182 wrote:Finally get to open mine today (will try it out tonight).

Worst it's my birthday post.

Well done for holding out, and of course happy birthday :toot:

My willpower was atrocious :fp:

Image
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by darksideby182 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Ad7 wrote:
darksideby182 wrote:Finally get to open mine today (will try it out tonight).

Worst it's my birthday post.


Hb

Cheers Ad7 and Prezzy.

Last edited by darksideby182 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Lastpostamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Lastpostamorph » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Finished Super Metroid for the first time ever. Clear time 4:45 (Though my save states say more like 6:30) and item completion rate 58%.

Yeah it was good, but I've got no real desire to play through it again, and I certainly can't see why it's held up as so utterly perfect when it has some of the problems and frustrations it does. Later Metroid games have massive Quality of Life improvements, not the least of which is actually differentiating between collected and uncollected power ups. On your map here not only do collected and uncollected power ups have the same icon, but that icon is also used for things like statues. Recharge stations, Map Rooms and Save Rooms could all have different icons so why not power ups? I also found it odd that you could disable equipment that you had little to no real reason to want to disable, but you couldn't disable Power Bombs, Grapple Beam or X-Ray scope which are the three items that you would actually want to disable, especially during a boss battle. Instead if I want to switch between missiles and beam weapons I have to press Select 5 times during a fight whilst also trying to avoid being shot. The slowdown was also seriously bad at times, the game would pretty much grind to a halt half the time when using a Power Bomb, I don't know if it was like that on the original SNES but it would have been nice for that to be sorted out on the mini.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
GlassjAw
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Nintendomadlad

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by GlassjAw » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:12 pm

Just missed out on Amazon fr. Couldn’t fulfil my order

Getting closer.

Looks like you can pick these up at almost retail. A few local on gumtree at 90 I might just bite unless someone is sick and wants to get retail price back?

User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by darksideby182 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Just opened this with my partner and her younger brother and sister , it feels like Xmas day from the 90s played a few games of Mario kart and street fighter which brings a massive smile to my face even just to watch the others playing.

Also the controllers feel ace.

Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
D_C
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by D_C » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:22 am

GlassjAw wrote:Just missed out on Amazon fr. Couldn’t fulfil my order

Getting closer.

Looks like you can pick these up at almost retail. A few local on gumtree at 90 I might just bite unless someone is sick and wants to get retail price back?


Amazon Prime Now have them in stock for RRP. Handy if you have Prime, not so much if not.

Image
User avatar
GlassjAw
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Nintendomadlad

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by GlassjAw » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:44 am

Can a prime customer confirm these are still in?

Also can I do the free trail then leave? How hard is it to cancel

User avatar
20%
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by 20% » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:50 am

GlassjAw wrote:Can a prime customer confirm these are still in?

Also can I do the free trail then leave? How hard is it to cancel


Super easy to cancel.. there's just loads of those pages that are like:
"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LEAVE?"

"Sorry to see you go, can we tempt you to stay with three free months?"

"If you're absolutely sure you want to give up the following benefits. Free one day shipping. Exclusive discounts. Glitter bombing Jawa"

"Ok if you're sure, press ok"

Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Death's Head » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:51 am

GlassjAw wrote:Can a prime customer confirm these are still in?

Also can I do the free trail then leave? How hard is it to cancel
Can't see any actually sold by Amazon. Someone selling new for £66 + £15 p&p.

Yes?
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Advent7 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:01 am

GlassjAw wrote:Can a prime customer confirm these are still in?

Also can I do the free trail then leave? How hard is it to cancel


Try your local supermarket electronics section, the sainsburys near me had one in last time i went.

Image
User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Mafrozen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 am

Lagamorph wrote:Finished Super Metroid for the first time ever. Clear time 4:45 (Though my save states say more like 6:30) and item completion rate 58%.

Yeah it was good, but I've got no real desire to play through it again, and I certainly can't see why it's held up as so utterly perfect when it has some of the problems and frustrations it does. Later Metroid games have massive Quality of Life improvements, not the least of which is actually differentiating between collected and uncollected power ups. On your map here not only do collected and uncollected power ups have the same icon, but that icon is also used for things like statues. Recharge stations, Map Rooms and Save Rooms could all have different icons so why not power ups? I also found it odd that you could disable equipment that you had little to no real reason to want to disable, but you couldn't disable Power Bombs, Grapple Beam or X-Ray scope which are the three items that you would actually want to disable, especially during a boss battle. Instead if I want to switch between missiles and beam weapons I have to press Select 5 times during a fight whilst also trying to avoid being shot. The slowdown was also seriously bad at times, the game would pretty much grind to a halt half the time when using a Power Bomb, I don't know if it was like that on the original SNES but it would have been nice for that to be sorted out on the mini.

If you think the slowdown in this with the power bomb is bad you should play SFII Turbo :dread:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Squinty » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:19 am

Lagamorph wrote:Finished Super Metroid for the first time ever. Clear time 4:45 (Though my save states say more like 6:30) and item completion rate 58%.

Yeah it was good, but I've got no real desire to play through it again, and I certainly can't see why it's held up as so utterly perfect when it has some of the problems and frustrations it does. Later Metroid games have massive Quality of Life improvements, not the least of which is actually differentiating between collected and uncollected power ups. On your map here not only do collected and uncollected power ups have the same icon, but that icon is also used for things like statues. Recharge stations, Map Rooms and Save Rooms could all have different icons so why not power ups? I also found it odd that you could disable equipment that you had little to no real reason to want to disable, but you couldn't disable Power Bombs, Grapple Beam or X-Ray scope which are the three items that you would actually want to disable, especially during a boss battle. Instead if I want to switch between missiles and beam weapons I have to press Select 5 times during a fight whilst also trying to avoid being shot. The slowdown was also seriously bad at times, the game would pretty much grind to a halt half the time when using a Power Bomb, I don't know if it was like that on the original SNES but it would have been nice for that to be sorted out on the mini.


The thing that annoys me is the wall jump. The timing window for it makes it a ball ache.

It's still a good game, just not as amazing as people make it out to be.

AndyXMAS
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by AndyXMAS » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:20 am

Squinty wrote:It's still a good game, just not as amazing as people make it out to be.


I have to say, I agree.

Super Metroid is great, but it has been totally over-hyped over the years...

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by lex-man » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:28 am

Mafro wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Finished Super Metroid for the first time ever. Clear time 4:45 (Though my save states say more like 6:30) and item completion rate 58%.

Yeah it was good, but I've got no real desire to play through it again, and I certainly can't see why it's held up as so utterly perfect when it has some of the problems and frustrations it does. Later Metroid games have massive Quality of Life improvements, not the least of which is actually differentiating between collected and uncollected power ups. On your map here not only do collected and uncollected power ups have the same icon, but that icon is also used for things like statues. Recharge stations, Map Rooms and Save Rooms could all have different icons so why not power ups? I also found it odd that you could disable equipment that you had little to no real reason to want to disable, but you couldn't disable Power Bombs, Grapple Beam or X-Ray scope which are the three items that you would actually want to disable, especially during a boss battle. Instead if I want to switch between missiles and beam weapons I have to press Select 5 times during a fight whilst also trying to avoid being shot. The slowdown was also seriously bad at times, the game would pretty much grind to a halt half the time when using a Power Bomb, I don't know if it was like that on the original SNES but it would have been nice for that to be sorted out on the mini.

If you think the slowdown in this with the power bomb is bad you should play SFII Turbo :dread:


So the slow down is worse than playing on a snes?

User avatar
D_C
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by D_C » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:55 am

GlassjAw wrote:Can a prime customer confirm these are still in?

Also can I do the free trail then leave? How hard is it to cancel


Image

Image
User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Mafrozen » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Super Metroid is still one of the best games ever despite the flaws.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
GlassjAw
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Nintendomadlad

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by GlassjAw » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Turns out they will only send to the London area...

Won’t show up without a London postcode

User avatar
Pedro
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leeds

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Pedro » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Yup just frantically looked to see none up North

User avatar
Pedro
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leeds

PostRe: SNES Mini £69-£79 - Out Now!
by Pedro » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Just tried s friends place in wf10 and that was a no go either


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Skarjo, Yahoo [Bot] and 51 guests