Snow..

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Snow..
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:46 pm

The streets of Glasgow have been mayhem today, like playing strawberry floating Mario Kart.

Image Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Snow..
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:35 am

I got stuck in the snow trying to turn around earlier. Two kind gentlemen came along right quick and helped me reverse out of my predicament.

Icy water dripping from the roof onto the bushes and trees around our building has created some beautiful frozen flora. :wub:

One day, I know we'll meet again, under the Iron Sky...
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Snow..
by Ad7 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:43 am

There's snow on the ground up here.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Snow..
by Squinty » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:02 am

Just went into a full skid on a roundabout. I felt my balls retract.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Snow..
by Squinty » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 pm

And now it's sunny so no chance of being let away earlier :simper:

strawberry float off snow. You can't even do your job right.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Snow..
by Peter Crisp » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Squinty wrote:Just went into a full skid on a roundabout. I felt my balls retract.


Maybe you went onto a skid because you were distracted thinking about your balls?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Snow..
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Just been sent home early due to the snow that's hit Glasgow. Lovely stuff. :toot: :toot:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Snow..
by Squinty » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
Squinty wrote:Just went into a full skid on a roundabout. I felt my balls retract.


Maybe you went onto a skid because you were distracted thinking about your balls?


Nah, they are cosmically insignificant. In the universe that is my undercrackers.

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Snow..
by Knoyleo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:38 pm

It's back in Birmingham, but thankfully it's not settling.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Snow..
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Knoyleo wrote:It's back in Birmingham, but thankfully it's not settling.

Swear earlier the flakes were getting on for two inches wide! Got caught in it walking around the Jewellery Quarter.

Image
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Snow..
by smurphy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Is that near the Saturday market?

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Snow..
by Saint of Killers » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Holy strawberry float. My first working Saturday :dread:, on my birthday, and it almost ended in disaster. Multiple times. Left the house and there were no hints about what lay ahead. Hit the next street, three times as long as my own, and still no clue. Then I get to the postbox at the end of that street and a frozen puddle catches my eye. And then, as I'm posting off a letter, I look to the right and notice the path outside the school a short way down the streets looks really quite shiny even though I can't see any frost on it. Hmmmmmmm. So. Letter posted. I turn around to cross the street and... I almost do the splits. strawberry floating black ice. The gooseberry fool was everywhere. I went another hundred yards, slipping and sliding, when I decided to head back home to put on more suitable footwear. They didn't make a jot of difference and a journey which should have taken me 10 minutes instead took 3 times as long. Man, strawberry float black ice. And where the strawberry float was the grit?! :x :x :x

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Snow..
by Qikz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Holy strawberry float. My first working Saturday :dread:, on my birthday, and it almost ended in disaster. Multiple times. Left the house and there were no hints about what lay ahead. Hit the next street, three times as long as my own, and still no clue. Then I get to the postbox at the end of that street and a frozen puddle catches my eye. And then, as I'm posting off a letter, I look to the right and notice the path outside the school a short way down the streets looks really quite shiny even though I can't see any frost on it. Hmmmmmmm. So. Letter posted. I turn around to cross the street and... I almost do the splits. strawberry floating black ice. The gooseberry fool was everywhere. I went another hundred yards, slipping and sliding, when I decided to head back home to put on more suitable footwear. They didn't make a jot of difference and a journey which should have taken me 10 minutes instead took 3 times as long. Man, strawberry float black ice. And where the strawberry float was the grit?! :x :x :x


Worst "it's my birthday!" thread ever

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Snow..
by Saint of Killers » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:51 pm

:)

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Snow..
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 am

smurphy wrote:Is that near the Saturday market?

Unfortunately not. Jeeves was awfully grumpy on account of the extra driving.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Snow..
by Errkal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:29 am

FINALLY SOME SNOW!!!

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Snow..
by Ad7 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:32 am

It's just started here.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Snow..
by Squinty » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:34 am

I haven't seen snow yet. But it really is quite cold. The temperature has really dropped since yesterday afternoon.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Snow..
by Errkal » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:37 am

Squinty wrote:I haven't seen snow yet. But it really is quite cold. The temperature has really dropped since yesterday afternoon.

Yeah it was bastardingly cold yesterday evening, this morning doesn't feel so bad which is nice.

Apparently the snow is going to end at 9 here and sadly I'm at work so won't get to enjoy it, but at least I've seen some.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Snow..
by Buffalo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:29 am

Christ, proper bashing down here in Newcastle.

Image

Return to “Stuff”