So you've ruined your life...

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Glowy69 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:13 am

Moggy wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Reading all of these reminds me of when my daughter was little. She's ten now, going to secondary this year. I can't help with sleep patterns, Ella never did have a proper sleep pattern till she was about 3 no matter what I tried with her!
As soon as they hit nursery and primary school the time flies, it feels like yesterday that I was taking her to her nursery school, she leaves in September for secondary.


The time is already flying by for me, it feels like he should still be a couple of months old, not almost 2 years old. Yesterday I was looking at photos of him from exactly a year ago and he looks completely different. It’s terrifying how much he has changed just over the course of one year.


Do you weep when you look at photos of him as a baby? I was doing it yesterday, cannot believe its getting close to a year, its terrifying.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Errkal » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:16 am

Glowy69 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:I'm not looking forward to proper tantrums, moo is getting a bit moody at times and has a bit of stamp and a shout if you say no to something she wants (tellytubbies, bubble guppies and beat bugs at the moment).
We tend to just let her get on with it, we sort of figure if you react to it they know it works so keep doing it.


One of his favourite things to tantrum about is pressing the toilet flush button. If I go for a piss and dare to flush the toilet myself, then he loses his mind. It’s doubly annoying because he can’t manage to press the button and flush it by himself anyway, so I have to pretend that he is flushing it, while actually it is me pressing it.

JUST LET ME PISS IN PEACE!!


:lol:


Had to sit him on my lap the other day while i was having a gooseberry fool. He wails if i close the door, if i pull it to he opens it and pulls on my legs, so it strawberry floating kills as he pulls my leg hair. So I had to pick him up ffs. :x


I just leave bug to moan, she can strawberry float right off if she thinks I'll have her in there while I'm trying to have a dump or whatever, the wife lets her in and then bitches about it, is the same for shows she lets her in there and moans whereas I leave her to get on with moaning.

Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Glowy69 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:18 am

Errkal wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:I'm not looking forward to proper tantrums, moo is getting a bit moody at times and has a bit of stamp and a shout if you say no to something she wants (tellytubbies, bubble guppies and beat bugs at the moment).
We tend to just let her get on with it, we sort of figure if you react to it they know it works so keep doing it.


One of his favourite things to tantrum about is pressing the toilet flush button. If I go for a piss and dare to flush the toilet myself, then he loses his mind. It’s doubly annoying because he can’t manage to press the button and flush it by himself anyway, so I have to pretend that he is flushing it, while actually it is me pressing it.

JUST LET ME PISS IN PEACE!!


:lol:


Had to sit him on my lap the other day while i was having a gooseberry fool. He wails if i close the door, if i pull it to he opens it and pulls on my legs, so it strawberry floating kills as he pulls my leg hair. So I had to pick him up ffs. :x


I just leave bug to moan, she can strawberry float right off if she thinks I'll have her in there while I'm trying to have a dump or whatever, the wife lets her in and then bitches about it, is the same for shows she lets her in there and moans whereas I leave her to get on with moaning.


I do that sometimes, but i was downstairs on my own, and im very aware he goes climbing when im not looking, he has smashed his face so many times, which im sure will continue as he learns to walk :roll:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Moggy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:19 am

Errkal wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:I'm not looking forward to proper tantrums, moo is getting a bit moody at times and has a bit of stamp and a shout if you say no to something she wants (tellytubbies, bubble guppies and beat bugs at the moment).
We tend to just let her get on with it, we sort of figure if you react to it they know it works so keep doing it.


One of his favourite things to tantrum about is pressing the toilet flush button. If I go for a piss and dare to flush the toilet myself, then he loses his mind. It’s doubly annoying because he can’t manage to press the button and flush it by himself anyway, so I have to pretend that he is flushing it, while actually it is me pressing it.

JUST LET ME PISS IN PEACE!!


:lol:


Had to sit him on my lap the other day while i was having a gooseberry fool. He wails if i close the door, if i pull it to he opens it and pulls on my legs, so it strawberry floating kills as he pulls my leg hair. So I had to pick him up ffs. :x


I just leave bug to moan, she can strawberry float right off if she thinks I'll have her in there while I'm trying to have a dump or whatever, the wife lets her in and then bitches about it, is the same for shows she lets her in there and moans whereas I leave her to get on with moaning.


To get to the bathroom, you have to go through our main bedroom. When I go for a gooseberry fool, I wedge the bedroom door shut and leave him in the living room with his mum. He can’t get through the bedroom door and I have peace and quiet. 8-)

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Moggy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:21 am

Glowy69 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Reading all of these reminds me of when my daughter was little. She's ten now, going to secondary this year. I can't help with sleep patterns, Ella never did have a proper sleep pattern till she was about 3 no matter what I tried with her!
As soon as they hit nursery and primary school the time flies, it feels like yesterday that I was taking her to her nursery school, she leaves in September for secondary.


The time is already flying by for me, it feels like he should still be a couple of months old, not almost 2 years old. Yesterday I was looking at photos of him from exactly a year ago and he looks completely different. It’s terrifying how much he has changed just over the course of one year.


Do you weep when you look at photos of him as a baby? I was doing it yesterday, cannot believe its getting close to a year, its terrifying.


I am not a very weepy person, so no. But it is sad to think that he is no longer a baby and soon will be a proper little boy.

It’s wonderful when they start walking and talking, but it’s also depressing that they are no longer your little baby. :cry:

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Errkal » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am

I like that moo isn't a baby any more, babies are dull and mostly annoying. She is now fun and entertaining and still a bit annoying.

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Tsunade » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:32 am

The get more annoying as they get older in my experience.

Image
Image
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Glowy69 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:32 am

Moggy wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Reading all of these reminds me of when my daughter was little. She's ten now, going to secondary this year. I can't help with sleep patterns, Ella never did have a proper sleep pattern till she was about 3 no matter what I tried with her!
As soon as they hit nursery and primary school the time flies, it feels like yesterday that I was taking her to her nursery school, she leaves in September for secondary.


The time is already flying by for me, it feels like he should still be a couple of months old, not almost 2 years old. Yesterday I was looking at photos of him from exactly a year ago and he looks completely different. It’s terrifying how much he has changed just over the course of one year.


Do you weep when you look at photos of him as a baby? I was doing it yesterday, cannot believe its getting close to a year, its terrifying.


I am not a very weepy person, so no. But it is sad to think that he is no longer a baby and soon will be a proper little boy.

It’s wonderful when they start walking and talking, but it’s also depressing that they are no longer your little baby. :cry:


Heartless.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Moggy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 pm

Have any of you ever gone through a car wash with your kid in the back of the car?

God knows what happened, but my car was covered in thick dust yesterday and so I decided it was time for it to be cleaned for the first time ever. Putting my lad in the back, we went out for the day visiting grandparents and then I stopped at an automatic car wash. I figured he’d find it fun, but I was terribly mistaken. I have never seen him that scared before, his tears were flowing and he wouldn’t let go of my hand. :lol: :wub:

He was fine afterwards, but I’ll never forget the look of horror in his eyes as the rollers started brushing over the windscreen. :lol:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Preezy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:46 pm

20 week scan tomorrow, gonna find out the sex of the sproglet this time round too :toot:

Image
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Rax » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:50 pm

I was unsure about doing it cos I have heard horror stories of kids who hate it and have meltdowns and you have nowhere to go. Thankfully booboo had no problem and Ive been through it a couple of times with her, she just points at the rollers and laughs the whole time then says "alllll done" when it finishes. :wub:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Moggy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Rax wrote:I was unsure about doing it cos I have heard horror stories of kids who hate it and have meltdowns and you have nowhere to go. Thankfully booboo had no problem and Ive been through it a couple of times with her, she just points at the rollers and laughs the whole time then says "alllll done" when it finishes. :wub:


So my kid is just a pussy. When I see him tonight I will tell him that he is a disgrace, I am ashamed of him and that Rax's little girl is more of a man than he'll ever be. :x ;)

Preezy wrote:20 week scan tomorrow, gonna find out the sex of the sproglet this time round too :toot:


Awesome. :wub:

User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by kerr9000 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Its nice reading everyones kid related stories, mine is 15 actually 16 in a few weeks time , shes currently gearing up for her GCSE's and it feels weird, I can remember sitting mine still. I enjoyed her being a little kid but I really like where she is at now, we play video games together, go to the cinema together and a lot of the time shes more like a buddy. I guess mine is a weird circumstance though as I raised her myself as a single parent for a lot of it.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000_blog on Instagram. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 etc
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Moggy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 pm

kerr9000 wrote:Its nice reading everyones kid related stories, mine is 15 actually 16 in a few weeks time , shes currently gearing up for her GCSE's and it feels weird, I can remember sitting mine still. I enjoyed her being a little kid but I really like where she is at now, we play video games together, go to the cinema together and a lot of the time shes more like a buddy. I guess mine is a weird circumstance though as I raised her myself as a single parent for a lot of it.


That’s awesome that you have such a close relationship. I worry that one day I am going to be the embarrassing parent that he doesn’t want to be seen with, so it is nice that there is a (small ;) ) chance that he will still like me when he is a teenager.

And if he doesn’t like me, then I will put him back through the car wash. :nod:

User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by kerr9000 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Thats a good idea now you know the car wash works you can torture him with it lol

I am the embarrasing Parent, at her last parents evening she kept telling me to grow up while I informed her that one of the teachers sat there looked like a melting waxwork of peter capaldi and talked about the fact her young History teacher had a lazy eye. I also spent one school announcement evening playing angry birds lol

Trust me when they get older and responsible its your time to chill out and stop giving a rats arse ;)

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000_blog on Instagram. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 etc
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Rax » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Im looking forward to being the embarrassing Dad. 8-)

Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Glowy69 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:25 pm

Moggy, our lad is terrified of the shower, probably because when he had gastric flu, we dunked him under it to wash him off, the look of utter terror on his face when he spots it is priceless.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Moggy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:39 pm

Glowy69 wrote:Moggy, our lad is terrified of the shower, probably because when he had gastric flu, we dunked him under it to wash him off, the look of utter terror on his face when he spots it is priceless.


My lads scared of the shower as well. :lol:

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Tsunade » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 pm

My daughter was scared of the shower... till I found out it was because her face would get wet, which she hated. She still prefers baths now.

Image
Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Preezy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Preezy wrote:20 week scan tomorrow, gonna find out the sex of the sproglet this time round too :toot:

It’s going to be a boy :toot:

One of each, my set will be complete :wub:

Image

Return to “Stuff”