So you've ruined your life...

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Errkal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:30 am

Our person was annoying as hell.

Very much a natural is the data and breastfeed or die type.

The people in the group annoyed me too as they are generally quite boring middle class types that just isn't my thing.

The wife still talks to the culters as I call them but I don't. They came round for bugs first and I was forced to chat to them and wanted to die.

Luckily the wife has found some other groups that have more normal people in that are more interesting to talk to and stuff.
User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Pancake » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:42 am

NCT is hardly a cult! :lol:

Ours was pretty good. Annoying in places but most of the couples are pretty cool. I don't really speak to the dads but the mums get together 3 or 4 times a week. It has been fantastic from that perspective as she doesn't have any local friends with babies.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Errkal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:06 am

That's what you would say if you were in a cult!
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Poser » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:16 am

Errkal wrote:Our person was annoying as hell.

Very much a natural is the data and breastfeed or die type.

The people in the group annoyed me too as they are generally quite boring middle class types that just isn't my thing.

The wife still talks to the culters as I call them but I don't. They came round for bugs first and I was forced to chat to them and wanted to die.

Luckily the wife has found some other groups that have more normal people in that are more interesting to talk to and stuff.


I'm probably boring and middle class, in fairness, so that might explain it.
Image
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by abcd » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:59 am

I wouldn't say it's a cult.

The women just share every detail, meet regularly, shun their previous friends, persuade more women to join NCT and generally bitch about anyone who isn't part of the NCT group.

Definitely not a cult though
Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Poser » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:08 am

I'll say this much: not one person in my NCT group had a tattoo. So that was a positive.
Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Moggy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:10 am

Poser wrote:I'll say this much: not one person in my NCT group had a tattoo. So that was a positive.


So everyone in the group stripped naked and you examined every inch of their skin?

Yeah, definitely not a cult.....
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Rightey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Did anyone choose to save their newborns cord blood? I'm thinking of doing it. There's a few choices around though, how do you choose the best bank?
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Errkal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Is that even a thing?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Moggy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Errkal wrote:Is that even a thing?


I've heard of it, but don't think it's a big thing in the UK.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Errkal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:Is that even a thing?


I've heard of it, but don't think it's a big thing in the UK.


It seems really rather an odd thing to do.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Hexx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Wait till he asks for the best recipe for Placenta Frittata
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Rightey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:Is that even a thing?


I've heard of it, but don't think it's a big thing in the UK.


It seems really rather an odd thing to do.


You can save the blood in the umbilical cord which contains a lot of stem cells which can then be used to treat a number of diseases (80 so far but the list is growing longer). You can also choose to save the umbilical cord tissue which has a different kind of stem cell. So far there are no known uses for the cord tissue, but there are clinical trials underway to see if it can treat some diseases.

I think it's a good idea, but reading up on it there seems to be mixed messages about the whole thing. Still the idea that your kid could one day be saved by this makes me want to go for it.
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Poser » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:30 pm

Nah, we waited til the cord blood was used up before we cut the cord (NCT cult idea) but we'd not heard of keeping it.
Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Errkal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Yeah they said about that at our culter meetings.

We didn't really get an option with getting cut out.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Jenuall » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:05 pm

What's this "culter" business all about?

NCT is just an antenatal group - you go along, meet some other pregnant people and learn a bit about birth, feeding, nappy changing etc. What's "culty" about it?
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Poser » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Jenuall wrote:What's this "culter" business all about?

NCT is just an antenatal group - you go along, meet some other pregnant people and learn a bit about birth, feeding, nappy changing etc. What's "culty" about it?


Just taking the piss out of erkkal who is vehemently against it, for some reason. We found it worthwhile.
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Jenuall » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Ah cool, was getting worried that it was genuinely dodge and maybe we'd just managed to dodge a bullet! :lol:
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Moggy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Jenuall wrote:Ah cool, was getting worried that it was genuinely dodge and maybe we'd just managed to dodge a bullet! :lol:


The classes are an offshoot of the Church of Scientology. Don't believe people that tell you differently, they are under the spell.
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: So you've ruined your life...
by Rightey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Poser wrote:Nah, we waited til the cord blood was used up before we cut the cord (NCT cult idea) but we'd not heard of keeping it.


Apparently you can still do this to some extent. Normally if you collect the blood they clamp the cord right away, but you can wait a minute before clamping the cord and then cutting and collecting the blood, which allows the baby to still get some benefits from the blood (increased iron is the main thing from what I read) and you can still collect the blood as well.
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Benzin, Bing [Bot], Cuttooth, Errkal, Finish.Last, Frank, Google [Bot], Karl, KjGarly, Oblomov Boblomov, Peter Crisp, Poser, Preezy, Skippy, Yahoo [Bot], Zaichik and 49 guests