A Song of Ice and Fire

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Curls » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:54 pm

If I'm honest I doubt I'll read Winds of Winter now, it's been too long and my memory of the books has been wiped out by the TV show.....I'd have to at least read Dance of Dragons again to get back into the swing of it...I'd probably have to reread everything from a Storm of swords....and I really can't be doing with a feast for crows again....

I'll continue with the TV show and then read an abridged version if the book ever does come out.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Peter Crisp » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:12 am

Curls wrote:If I'm honest I doubt I'll read Winds of Winter now, it's been too long and my memory of the books has been wiped out by the TV show.....I'd have to at least read Dance of Dragons again to get back into the swing of it...I'd probably have to reread everything from a Storm of swords....and I really can't be doing with a feast for crows again....

I'll continue with the TV show and then read an abridged version if the book ever does come out.


The story of Tyrion in the books being a prime example as it's so different to the TV show.
I liked the version of his story in the books and am really looking forward to where it goes next but there's a good chance I'll have forgotten about it completely by the time the book is finally published.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Squinty » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
Curls wrote:If I'm honest I doubt I'll read Winds of Winter now, it's been too long and my memory of the books has been wiped out by the TV show.....I'd have to at least read Dance of Dragons again to get back into the swing of it...I'd probably have to reread everything from a Storm of swords....and I really can't be doing with a feast for crows again....

I'll continue with the TV show and then read an abridged version if the book ever does come out.


The story of Tyrion in the books being a prime example as it's so different to the TV show.
I liked the version of his story in the books and am really looking forward to where it goes next but there's a good chance I'll have forgotten about it completely by the time the book is finally published.


I can't even remember where it left Tyrion. I remember Jorah being with him and they were both in a kind of circus.

Maybe I'm not remember this right. It was very weird. Tyrion was incredibly bitter in ADWD.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Memento Mori » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 pm

I mean Tyrion did have reason to be bitter. He'd recently discovered that his father had his wife gang-raped and Jaime knew about it. Plus the woman he was in love with was sleeping with his father.

Last edited by Memento Mori on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Riksilver
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Riksilver » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:33 pm

End of ADWD saw Jorah and Tyrion enlisted into one of the mercenary bands outside Meereen iirc, think he persuaded Brown Ben to double cross the others and go back to Dany's side?
That's one of the big things I'm looking forward to seeing in the book's version of events, the seige of Meereen was really rushed and instantly solved by "lol dragons" on TV so I'm looking forward to some more nuance in WOW. Plus as always strawberry float YEAH VICTARION

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Squinty » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Memento Mori wrote:I mean Tyrion did have reason to be bitter. He'd recently discovered that his father had his wife gang-raped and Jaime knew about it. Plus the woman he was in love with was sleeping with his father.


His inner monologues were really eye opening. Where do whores go?

Victarion is a badass mummy strawberry floater. He's totally going to die in the next book.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Squinty » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Jon Arryn's death then.

It is implied that it was the Lannister's for a long time in the books. But that isn't exactly true.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Memento Mori » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Image

:lol:

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Errkal » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:49 pm

Hahaha dude got a point.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Buffalo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:07 am

Lazy hack confirmed.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Errkal, Oblomov Boblomov, Poser, Qikz, Snowcannon, Tragic Magic, Xeno and 72 guests