Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostSounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by jawafour » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Sounds Like Friday Night is a new primetime music show launching in October on BBC 1. It will be hosted by Greg James and A.Dot* alongside a special guest host.

BBC News wrote:Broadcast live from Television Centre, it promises to feature "the hottest bands and artists in the world", alongside interviews and sketches.


I like the sound of this... maybe it will act as a modern version of the classic Top of the Pops?

* I had to look up who they were; James is the host of Radio 1's Drivetime show and Dot is a rapper.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by Preezy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Sounds dreadful, but I assume there's a demand for it so why not.

Image
User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by floydfreak » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 pm

who or what is A.Dot*?

Poncho wrote:
BobbyDigital wrote:I wanna move out of the UK (to L.A. or somewhere similar in the USA) but don't know how to really.


A plane, Bobby. It's like a big metal bird.
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by darksideby182 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm

floydfreak wrote:who or what is A.Dot*?

This.

Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by Moggy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Why not just resurrect ToTP?

Errkal wrote:blarzy
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by Floex » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Old men yell at clouds in here.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by jawafour » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:43 pm

floydfreak wrote:who or what is A.Dot*?

darksideby182 wrote:This.


...

jawafour wrote:...It will be hosted by Greg James and A.Dot* alongside a special guest host....

* I had to look up who they were; James is the host of Radio 1's Drivetime show and Dot is a rapper.


:) .

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by Jenuall » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:00 pm

I thought Television Centre was no more? Or has a new BBC building inherited the title?

Either way this sounds like it will be shite.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by Preezy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Floex wrote:Old men yell at clouds in here.

I would imagine this show is designed to appeal to the cool older teenage/young adult crowd - all of whom are out on the lash on a Friday night.

Friday night TV is a graveyard.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by Jenuall » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Preezy wrote:
Floex wrote:Old men yell at clouds in here.

I would imagine this show is designed to appeal to the cool older teenage/young adult crowd - all of whom are out on the lash on a Friday night.

Friday night TV is a graveyard.


Broadcast TV is pretty much a graveyard these days. Can't remember the last time I watched something that was just "on" and not via some catch-up/streaming service.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by KK » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Jenuall wrote:I thought Television Centre was no more? Or has a new BBC building inherited the title?

Television Centre - as in the name and the building - still exists, and still features BBC TV studios (having just re-opened this month via BBC Studioworks), as part of what will be a wider redevelopment incorporating offices, homes, gyms, restaurants...the usual swanky stuff.

To be honest, Television Centre hasn't really gone anywhere...it's just been massively commercialised.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Sounds Like Friday Night: New music show on BBC 1
by Jenuall » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:59 pm

KK wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I thought Television Centre was no more? Or has a new BBC building inherited the title?

Television Centre - as in the name and the building - still exists, and still features BBC TV studios (having just re-opened this month via BBC Studioworks), as part of what will be a wider redevelopment incorporating offices, homes, gyms, restaurants...the usual swanky stuff.

To be honest, Television Centre hasn't really gone anywhere...it's just been massively commercialised.


Indeed, just looked on their website - £645,000 for the cheapest studio apartment apparently. I'll take two!


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 47 guests