Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Peter Crisp » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:07 am

Yep, I also did the arena and it made me realise just how much I suck at the combat but I'm loving this overall and it looks awesome.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:44 am

So many missions, so little time. On to the "final" target, the Crocodile.

edit: Turns out I hadn't yet found the arena because I haven't yet been to the zone which contains it. Makes sense.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Saint of Killers » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:28 am

Did a load more side missions last night (so many in fact that I went from 28 to 31) :slol: Would enjoy 'em more but for the recurring CSI Ancient Egypt ones. Anyway, on to the arena!








| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:09 am

I'm at the point of no return very-long-mission-before-being-allowed-to-return-to-the-open-world. Will hopefully be done with the game today. ('Hopefully' because I don't want this last bit to spoil the game by dragging on and on.)

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Hime » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:43 am

Saint of Killers wrote:I'm at the point of no return very-long-mission-before-being-allowed-to-return-to-the-open-world. Will hopefully be done with the game today. ('Hopefully' because I don't want this last bit to spoil the game by dragging on and on.)

Does the story get interesting?

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:40 am

Hime wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:I'm at the point of no return very-long-mission-before-being-allowed-to-return-to-the-open-world. Will hopefully be done with the game today. ('Hopefully' because I don't want this last bit to spoil the game by dragging on and on.)

Does the story get interesting?


Not really, no. Though a turn taken by one of the main mission stories not only took me by surprise but hit me in the feels (unfortunately even that one has its issues. Namely the fact it was rushed.) but overall it's forgettable. Bayek and Aya's relationship as it regards to their mission and what each of them wants to make of their life is interesting, but it's barely touched upon bar a scene here and there.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Hime wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:I'm at the point of no return very-long-mission-before-being-allowed-to-return-to-the-open-world. Will hopefully be done with the game today. ('Hopefully' because I don't want this last bit to spoil the game by dragging on and on.)

Does the story get interesting?


Not really, no. Though a turn taken by one of the main mission stories not only took me by surprise but hit me in the feels (unfortunately even that one has its issues. Namely the fact it was rushed.) but overall it's forgettable. Bayek and Aya's relationship as it regards to their mission and what each of them wants to make of their life is interesting, but it's barely touched upon bar a scene here and there.


Actually, no. As with most blockbuster games the foreshadowing was there for all to see. What took me by surprise was the harshness and how quickly it came about. Also that the incident had consequences which weren't forgotten about as soon as the mission was done with.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Peter Crisp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 pm

I'm really enjoying this and if this is how the series quality is set going forward I'm looking forward to the next game.
I think we're seeing the benefits of longer development time and not just spanking out games to make a quick profit. Hopefully more developers will notice and see that we do respond to quality over quantity.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:I'm really enjoying this and if this is how the series quality is set going forward I'm looking forward to the next game.
I think we're seeing the benefits of longer development time and not just spanking out games to make a quick profit. Hopefully more developers will notice and see that we do respond to quality over quantity.


UbiSoft for one. I mean I can totally see them going back to churning these out on a annual basis again. Which is strange when you consider it's not as though they're short on games to rotate in each year for a November release.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Hime » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:34 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Hime wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:I'm at the point of no return very-long-mission-before-being-allowed-to-return-to-the-open-world. Will hopefully be done with the game today. ('Hopefully' because I don't want this last bit to spoil the game by dragging on and on.)

Does the story get interesting?


Not really, no. Though a turn taken by one of the main mission stories not only took me by surprise but hit me in the feels (unfortunately even that one has its issues. Namely the fact it was rushed.) but overall it's forgettable. Bayek and Aya's relationship as it regards to their mission and what each of them wants to make of their life is interesting, but it's barely touched upon bar a scene here and there.


Actually, no. As with most blockbuster games the foreshadowing was there for all to see. What took me by surprise was the harshness and how quickly it came about. Also that the incident had consequences which weren't forgotten about as soon as the mission was done with.

It's a shame they can't do writing, I actually found the Desomnd stuff quite interesting in 2 and Brotherhood but they gooseberry fool the bed so hard. I guess as a video game it's better that the gameplay is compelling but it would be nice if there were some good story beats to elevate the open world formula.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Saint of Killers » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:02 am

HZD will stick in my mind for a long time and that's as much to do with its story (specifically the one about how the world got to be the way it is) as anything else.

Finished this last night and unfortunately it got a bit disjointed and dragged on a little. From the point of no return to the ending, there were many a moment which could have been cut and the time allocated to help make the best mission (as regards to drama if not gameplay) that much more impactful and unrushed. Oh and if Origins had been subtle about the whole Assassins thing for the majority of the time then it went stupidly heavy-handed toward the end :lol: One scene in particular actually made me laugh/cringe out loud, but it was also clever in a wee inconsequential way.
The open world is as good as any I've explored (to say nothing of how stupefyingly gorgeous it is in places - the only game to make me wish I had a Pro, etc) and the core AC gameplay was so good that it actually not only unseated Black Flag as my favourite AC but made me reconsider its place in my all time favourite AC list in general :lol: But I think I'll have to revisit BF and ACII to make certain of that. Oh and if I wasn't renting it I'd still be playing it.

edit: Actually, DB FighterZ is still quite a way away and I left many a place unexplored in AC:O...

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Photek » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:43 am

Got back into this last night after watching a great video showing how much work has gone into building its world, quite astounding stuff.



Took some screen shots last night:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Peter Crisp » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:50 am

I'm really getting into this and it may end up being in my top 3 games for quite a few years.
I'm mostly playing side quests and I think I'm going to keep playing for a while yet and haven't really bothered with the main story.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Photek » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Unless something goes wrong this is shaping up to be my favourite AC game. It’s not just jaw dropping visually it’s head and shoulders above the others, the combat is better, it took to parkouring system from Unity which was one of that games plus points and throws in some actual tomb’s that are a pleasure to explore thanks to the lighting from your torch which is stunning.

The story is genuinely interesting and easy to understand, even the future bits are brief and compelling in their own right.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Hime » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:56 am

I was going to finish off the story in this so that I could move onto something else but I'm still really enjoying this and don't want it to be over yet. So many moments that I'm left amazed at how much detail is in the world and how good it looks.

Has anyone played or heard anything about the DLC?

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Photek » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 am

Hime wrote:I was going to finish off the story in this so that I could move onto something else but I'm still really enjoying this and don't want it to be over yet. So many moments that I'm left amazed at how much detail is in the world and how good it looks.

Has anyone played or heard anything about the DLC?

It's been reviewed really well on youtube and on a couple of sites. I'll be getting it when I finish the main campaign.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Moggy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 am

I have always enjoyed AC games but they were getting very stale, I barely played any of Syndicate.

But Origins has dragged me straight back in, it is great fun and the locations are stunning. Rowing down the Nile and getting attacked by hippos is far more fun than it has any right to be.

I have barely touched the main missions either, I am having too much fun with the side quests.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Photek » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Love walking about in the tombs with just your torch. :wub:

Image

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Alvin Flummux » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:44 pm

What, you mean the tomb builders didn't pre-light torches in every room for you? Lazy bastards. :x

One day, I know we'll meet again, under the Iron Sky...
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Assassin's Creed: Origins - PS4/Xbox/PC - 27th October!
by Albear » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:36 am

Been reading through this thread with great interest, and happy to see most people are enjoying this. Does anyone know of any good deals for the pc version?


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brerlappin, Diceman, Google [Bot], more heat than light, NickSCFC, OldSoulCyborg, OrangeRakoon, Pedz, poshrule_uk, shy guy 64, suzzopher, Trelliz and 36 guests