Splatoon 2 [Switch]

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Pedz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Is anyone up for some this tonight at 9? Jazzem and I will be there, so who will join us?

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Tomous » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:51 am

Holy gooseberry fool, Clam Blitz is amazing

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Ad7 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:31 am

Got this yesterday. I love the aesthetic of this, so colourful. I also like that I can play an online competitive game where I don't have to be any good to still make a meaningful contribution.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Tomous » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:39 am

Advent7 wrote:Got this yesterday. I love the aesthetic of this, so colourful. I also like that I can play an online competitive game where I don't have to be any good to still make a meaningful contribution.


I think that aspect to it is a huge part in why it's so popular. Getting into Splatoon isn't as intimidating as other online shooters, because turf isn't just about getting kills. It's very accessible. And after awhile you get good and start venturing into the stress of ranked mode.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Tomous » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Pretty pleased with this!

Image

Don’t think I’ll ever get them to S+ though.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Lagamorph » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 am

If/when they make Splatoon 3, whoever came up with "Sheldon Requests" in the single player, and anyone who thought it was a remotely good idea, must not be allowed within 50 miles of the building where the game is being developed.
It was bad enough on regular stages, but enforcing particular weapons on bosses is just sheer lunacy.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Rex Kramer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Any recommendations on control settings? Bought it yesterday but I don't like the motion control aiming and the default non-motion stuff feels off. Is it just a case of getting used to it?

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Tomous » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Any recommendations on control settings? Bought it yesterday but I don't like the motion control aiming and the default non-motion stuff feels off. Is it just a case of getting used to it?


Yes, the motion control aiming will click and when it does you won’t look back. Keep at it.

You could play with the sensitivity if you’re struggling.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Rex Kramer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Tomous wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:Any recommendations on control settings? Bought it yesterday but I don't like the motion control aiming and the default non-motion stuff feels off. Is it just a case of getting used to it?


Yes, the motion control aiming will click and when it does you won’t look back. Keep at it.

You could play with the sensitivity if you’re struggling.

Played a bit more (mostly in handheld with motion controls switched off). Got the roller unlocked (is this effectively the noob-tube?) and I'm enjoying it immensely. Not sure how much it'll stick but as I bought it digitally then I figure I can just dip in and out as the mood takes me.

Edit: and the music reminds me of Katamari Damacy which is a good thing.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Karl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Rollers actually require a bit of finesse to use well. It's the Aerospray that's the true noob weapon.

User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Benzin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Roller supremacy :datass:

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Ad7 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Roller 4 lyfe

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Rex Kramer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:08 pm

Still rolling, up to level 7. Is there anything else I can do apart from Turf Wars to level up? It's massive amounts of fun but it looks like there might be more game out there that I'm not seeing.
Also, is there some kind of stats page for my character?

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Tomous » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Still rolling, up to level 7. Is there anything else I can do apart from Turf Wars to level up? It's massive amounts of fun but it looks like there might be more game out there that I'm not seeing.
Also, is there some kind of stats page for my character?


I think salmon run increases your level too. You can also get tickets from single player/salmon run that lets you double your XP gain. for 20 matches. Honestly though it doesn’t take too long and the ranked modes take a lot longer to learn/get to grips with so getting as much practice in turf mode before will really help.

What do you mean by stats? As in matches won etc? You can get that info through the mobile phone app if you link your username.

User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Lazy Fair » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:27 pm

What setup is everyone using in this? I’ve found a sniper I really like. Has ridiculous range and has ink mines and the rain cloud thing.

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Seven » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:39 pm

Lagamorph wrote:If/when they make Splatoon 3, whoever came up with "Sheldon Requests" in the single player, and anyone who thought it was a remotely good idea, must not be allowed within 50 miles of the building where the game is being developed.
It was bad enough on regular stages, but enforcing particular weapons on bosses is just sheer lunacy.



I think it's good idea but some stages aren't fun with selected weapons @_@

I can say that, I've done every level with every weapon and I'm surprised that you're forced to use one weapon in story in one of levels. I hated that level so much with that damn weapon.

Hopefully in 3 they'll expand on it, but let players pick weapon if they would rather not have to deal with the said weapon.

Image
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:46 am

What the strawberry float is it with players in Turf War getting 0 points? Is there some kind of glitch they're taking advantage of? It's grinding my gears that I'm on the losing side when someone is doing literally nothing.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Tomous » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 am

Rex Kramer wrote:What the strawberry float is it with players in Turf War getting 0 points? Is there some kind of glitch they're taking advantage of? It's grinding my gears that I'm on the losing side when someone is doing literally nothing.


It means they disconnected and didn’t finish the match.

Even if you scored 500p, if you then got disconnected, it would display 0p.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:10 am

Tomous wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:What the strawberry float is it with players in Turf War getting 0 points? Is there some kind of glitch they're taking advantage of? It's grinding my gears that I'm on the losing side when someone is doing literally nothing.


It means they disconnected and didn’t finish the match.

Even if you scored 500p, if you then got disconnected, it would display 0p.

I assume then they aren't rage quitting. Found the online Salmon Run bit last night and ordering stuff off Splatnet, there is so much stuff in this game that seems hidden away.

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Splatoon 2 [Switch]
by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:23 am

Ad7 wrote:Roller 4 lyfe

Death to rollers

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dinoric, Green Gecko, Parksey and 40 guests