The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Benzin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Might do, lots of rumours surrounding Autopia and the old 4D Cinema being earmarked for Star Wars...

Won't get it till 10 years after America though...
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by NickSCFC » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:


It's a shame that we clearly won't seen an equivalent area in Disneyland Paris.

No but they were renovating the area around Star Tours when I was there last November. Most of Discoveryland was blocked off.


Yeah that's just for Star tours 2 and the rebranding of space mountain as Star Wars hyperspace mountain. I think that's all Paris will get. Oh and Jedi training school. But I don't see a full Star Wars land coming.


Star Wars is by far Disney's biggest IP. Stuff like this is why they bought it, they'll milk the strawberry float out of it.
Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Frank » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Benzin wrote:Might do, lots of rumours surrounding Autopia and the old 4D Cinema being earmarked for Star Wars...

Won't get it till 10 years after America though...


They'd best not touch Autopia :x The 4D cinema can do one, though. Pizza Planet's pretty much out of service now too, right?
Image
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Memento Mori » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Frank wrote:
Benzin wrote:Might do, lots of rumours surrounding Autopia and the old 4D Cinema being earmarked for Star Wars...

Won't get it till 10 years after America though...


They'd best not touch Autopia :x The 4D cinema can do one, though. Pizza Planet's pretty much out of service now too, right?

Autopia is awful and unfortunately Pizza Planet is never going to reopen. They're doing something else with it.
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Frank » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Autopia is fun! The queue is the awful part. It could definitely do with an update (electric vehicles, for a start), but not being scrapped entirely.
Image
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Benzin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:16 pm

If the choice is between Star Wars or Autopia, Star Wars wins every time...

I'm more worried about getting the Guardians of the Galaxy retheme of Tower of Terror :dread:
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Whilst we are briefly on the Disneyland Paris discussion, I think pizza planet may become a Star Wars themed cantina, autopia could get a Star Wars overlay as well. That will buzz lightyears laser blast siting out like sore thumb but hey ho.

Disney are close to a full buy out of Disneyland Paris and once it's under full ownership I expect them to put the big bucks in like they have done over the past decade at all their other parks.

For those that don't know when the park was first built under the agreement with the French government Disney could not own more than 50% of the park, a separate company was set up to own the park and pay royalties to Walt Disney for use of the Disney brand. This meant that for the past 25 years Disney have been reluctant to spend money in the resort. An agreement a few years ago with the French government lifted this restriction and as such they've been slowly buying the shares in the company. Believe they are up to 85.7% now.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Frank » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:27 pm

You'd still have the Nautilus as a non-Star Wars attraction in Discoveryland with Buzz Lightyear, at least. Is the HyperSpace Mountain retheme a permenant thing or is it just for the anniversary?
Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Frank wrote:You'd still have the Nautilus as a non-Star Wars attraction in Discoveryland with Buzz Lightyear, at least. Is the HyperSpace Mountain retheme a permenant thing or is it just for the anniversary?


Last I heard it wasn't really known. It's been referred to as a seasonal overlay but the ones in Disneyland Cali and Hong Kong have been up over a year and still there.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Poser » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:33 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:


It's a shame that we clearly won't seen an equivalent area in Disneyland Paris.

No but they were renovating the area around Star Tours when I was there last November. Most of Discoveryland was blocked off.


Yeah that's just for Star tours 2 and the rebranding of space mountain as Star Wars hyperspace mountain. I think that's all Paris will get. Oh and Jedi training school. But I don't see a full Star Wars land coming.


Star Wars is by far Disney's biggest IP. Stuff like this is why they bought it, they'll milk the strawberry float out of it.


The steel frame of the At-At @ 2:44 :shock: :shock:
Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by BID0 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:18 pm

The trailer, and this...



Do not fill me with confidence. The last episode was awful and this one looks to follow that same formula.

We need more stories like Rogue One, if they haven't got a story to tell then I wish they'd leave it alone.
Image
[twitter] [instagram] [twitch] [last.fm]
RO > 4 > 5 > 6 > 3 >> 1 > 2 > 7
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Dual » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

BID0 wrote:The last episode was awful


No it wasn't.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by BID0 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Dual wrote:
BID0 wrote:The last episode was awful


No it wasn't.

Literally the worst of them all unless these next two change the context of it and it turns out to be a hidden masterpiece
Image
[twitter] [instagram] [twitch] [last.fm]
RO > 4 > 5 > 6 > 3 >> 1 > 2 > 7
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:40 pm

BID0 wrote:
Dual wrote:
BID0 wrote:The last episode was awful


No it wasn't.

Literally the worst of them all unless these next two change the context of it and it turns out to be a hidden masterpiece


Worse than "I hate sand, it's coarse and rough and gets everywhere"?
Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by BID0 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
BID0 wrote:
Dual wrote:
BID0 wrote:The last episode was awful


No it wasn't.

Literally the worst of them all unless these next two change the context of it and it turns out to be a hidden masterpiece


Worse than "I hate sand, it's coarse and rough and gets everywhere"?

Yup. At least it had a story to tell (however badly it did that)
Image
[twitter] [instagram] [twitch] [last.fm]
RO > 4 > 5 > 6 > 3 >> 1 > 2 > 7
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Return_of_the_STAR » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Wow I've never heard anyone Express the belief that force awakens was the worst Star Wars film. Each to their own. Personally I enjoyed it and have no issues with the next one following a similar feel.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Moggy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:02 pm

BID0 wrote:
Dual wrote:
BID0 wrote:The last episode was awful


No it wasn't.

Literally the worst of them all unless these next two change the context of it and it turns out to be a hidden masterpiece


Is it 1 April today?
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 pm

I think that The Last Jedi will be just fine if the director and producers can steer far enough away from making it a retread of ESB.
Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15 pm

BID0 wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
BID0 wrote:
Dual wrote:
BID0 wrote:The last episode was awful


No it wasn't.

Literally the worst of them all unless these next two change the context of it and it turns out to be a hidden masterpiece


Worse than "I hate sand, it's coarse and rough and gets everywhere"?

Yup. At least it had a story to tell (however badly it did that)

The hyperbole is strong with this one.
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:29 pm

New movie announcement this summer, maybe? It might be for one focusing on Boba Fett or Obi-Wan Kenobi.



That voice. :dread: Still though, more Kenobi and Fett can only be a good thing. Hoping for an Ahsoka movie at some point, too, and then a Vader one, interspersed with new stories.
Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bunni and 45 guests