State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - Cross play.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Mafro » Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 am


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by KK » Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 am

Another quality Xbox One exclusive...

Like Sea of Thieves it'll probably be good 6 months from now.

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Tafdolphin » Thu May 17, 2018 9:03 am

I was quite looking forward to this, so this is very disappointing.

Dear oh dear, MS have got a real problem on their hands here.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by NickSCFC » Thu May 17, 2018 9:04 am

Tafdolphin wrote:Dear oh dear, MS have got a real problem on their hands here.


Like Met said, Microsoft have shat the bed something fierce this generation :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Photek » Thu May 17, 2018 9:07 am

I believe the PC version has far less bugs, also my pre-order got a patch a couple of nights ago so hoping some of them are gone. :dread:

Last edited by Photek on Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by NickSCFC » Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 am

Image

:slol:

Image Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Gemini73 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 am

Ouch, that's gotta sting.

That said, currently sitting 72% on Metacritic so Eurogamer being a tad harsh perhaps?

As I said in another thread the other day, game reviews shouldn't play too much a part in what games you play. If SoD 2 is a buggy mess then maybe pick it up later after a few patches.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Brerlappin » Thu May 17, 2018 9:09 am

Jesus Christ, can MS get anything right this gen??

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Photek » Thu May 17, 2018 9:12 am

KK wrote:Another quality Xbox One exclusive...

Like Sea of Thieves it'll probably be good 6 months from now.

You're not wrong. :lol:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Photek » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am

Glowing review from this guy, and didn't see many bugs but I think he played mostly on PC.



So the same game just bigger and better.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Photek » Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 am

If a bug caused one of my survivors to die I'd be LIVID tho so I'm very worried about the bugs reported in this. :dread:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Tafdolphin » Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 am

Photek wrote:Glowing review from this guy, and didn't see many bugs but I think he played mostly on PC.



So the same game just bigger and better.


The problem with YouTube reviews, at least those not from large outlets, is that they are not beholden to any real code of ethics. Yes, yes, ethics in games journalism etc but seriously; they get given free games before release in order to make review videos which then make them money. They therefore have a implicit reason to give more positive reviews: money. I simply don't trust these small-medium review channels.

It is looking like the EG review is on the far end of the negative reactions however.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by NickSCFC » Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 am

Tafdolphin wrote:
Photek wrote:Glowing review from this guy, and didn't see many bugs but I think he played mostly on PC.



So the same game just bigger and better.


The problem with YouTube reviews, at least those not from large outlets, is that they are not beholden to any real code of ethics. Yes, yes, ethics in games journalism etc but seriously; they get given free games before release in order to make review videos which then make them money. They therefore have a implicit reason to give more positive reviews: money. I simply don't trust these small-medium review channels.

It is looking like the EG review is on the far end of the negative reactions however.


Trust Photek to pick the one outlier from a bunch of negative reviews from a reviewer nobody's even heard of to desperately put a positive spin on things.

Pathetic.

Image Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Photek » Thu May 17, 2018 9:18 am

ACG is just one guy... he's not big at all. I like his review style and he said avoid Sea of Thieves (for now) but he made good points as to why. He also makes a point of buying a copy of any game he's given by publishers.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Mafro » Thu May 17, 2018 9:21 am

Photek wrote:If a bug caused one of my survivors to die I'd be LIVID tho so I'm very worried about the bugs reported in this. :dread:

This is why I stopped playing the first game. RIP Marcus :cry:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Photek » Thu May 17, 2018 9:23 am

Mafro wrote:
Photek wrote:If a bug caused one of my survivors to die I'd be LIVID tho so I'm very worried about the bugs reported in this. :dread:

This is why I stopped playing the first game. RIP Marcus :cry:

There are rumours he's in this game, not playable tho, you can trade with the original group.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Tafdolphin » Thu May 17, 2018 9:23 am

Photek wrote:ACG is just one guy... he's not big at all. I like his review style and he said avoid Sea of Thieves (for now) but he made good points as to why. He also makes a point of buying a copy of any game he's given by publishers.


Exactly. You say he buys any games he gets given but look; his review has gone up before the game is available. Repaying $60 isn't the point, the early access privilege and contact with the publisher is. Guys like Angry Joe who pull in millions of viewers can afford more controversy in their reviews whereas guys like this depend on the good graces of the pubs for their early (and therefore more likely to be clicked on) reviews.

Anyway.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Floex » Thu May 17, 2018 9:27 am

Microsoft, I really hope you’re rebuilding behind closed doors because this is just a sorry state of affairs right now.

I want my early 360 Microsoft back :(

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by Photek » Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 am

The game is $30.

I found ACG back when AC Origins was released and he does a great 'walk around' series where he does just that in open world games, Mafia 3, AC Origins , The Witcher 2 etc. I really enjoyed them and his reviews are generally on point.

I'll concede that he was a big fan of SoD1 though...

Polygon thought it was boring as well as buggy, which is fair enough. I like to read negative reviews to see what I should look out for.

I avoid platform specific sites (Xbox mondo/Windows Central etc) cos they'll always score an exclusive favorably.

Last edited by Photek on Thu May 17, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: State of Decay 2 - PC/Xbox - XB1X Enhanced - Game pass - 22nd May. Cross play.
by BID0 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:31 am

This was kind of expected, no?

The first game was exactly the same, it didn't run very well at all with bugs to contend with on top. I got the impression from the first game that it was made by a few guys in their basement and they bit off more than they could chew, as the finished package didn't feel very polished or optmised at all.


I expected more of the same for this, especially as it's not carrying the usual price tag


Return to “Games”