TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by jawafour » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:23 pm

So... I was just walking home (dat heat :dread: ) and I heard a voice say "Can you help me?". Looking over to the other side of the road a young women was standing there. I asked what was up and she said she couldn't open her front door.

She showed me that she had a key but it was a bit odd; the keyring only had one key and the door clearly needed two to gain access. She tried the key in the lock and then asked me to try. I did and it felt like the key was not gonna turn at all. Alarm bells started ringing in my mind!

She seemed really anxious and said that she suffered from autism; judging by her demeanor this seemed legit. She said that her mum was out at work and she had to get in "to feed the dogs". I suggested that sha call her mum (she said she had a phone but she was worried that her mum would be annoyed) or that she call in to a neighbour (she said she had tried this) or that she went to the high street and sat down with a coffee until her mum got home.

Anyway... after about fifteen minutes she seemed to settle on the idea of calling her mum and went to sit down and make the call.

Tbh I felt at first that it was a bit odd (had she found a key and was trying to break in etc?) but I think she genuinely suffered from anxiety and was a bit unsure about what to do.

Tl;dr A young woman asked me to help her break into a house; I tried but couldn't get in.

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by OrangeRakoon » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Sounds suspicious as hell

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Hyperion » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Did you chat with her about the match last night?

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Preezy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Did you at least do the gentlemanly thing and offer her your last remaining bit of blu-tac?

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Ad7 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Just plow her and worry about the relationship technicalities later.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Moggy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:02 pm

jawafour wrote:So... I was just walking home (dat heat :dread: ) and I heard a voice say "Can you help me?". Looking over to the other side of the road a young women was standing there. I asked what was up and she said she couldn't open her front door.

She showed me that she had a key but it was a bit odd; the keyring only had one key and the door clearly needed two to gain access. She tried the key in the lock and then asked me to try. I did and it felt like the key was not gonna turn at all. Alarm bells started ringing in my mind!

She seemed really anxious and said that she suffered from autism; judging by her demeanor this seemed legit. She said that her mum was out at work and she had to get in "to feed the dogs". I suggested that sha call her mum (she said she had a phone but she was worried that her mum would be annoyed) or that she call in to a neighbour (she said she had tried this) or that she went to the high street and sat down with a coffee until her mum got home.

Anyway... after about fifteen minutes she seemed to settle on the idea of calling her mum and went to sit down and make the call.

Tbh I felt at first that it was a bit odd (had she found a key and was trying to break in etc?) but I think she genuinely suffered from anxiety and was a bit unsure about what to do.

Tl;dr A young woman asked me to help her break into a house; I tried but couldn't get in.


You know that story will never stand up in court don’t you?

You are now a burglar Jawa, an outlaw who will be hunted to the ends of the Earth.

Seriously though that is a weird story. I think she was probably legit, it would be a very bizarre way carry out a break in.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Moggy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:06 pm

I keep getting stopped by this bloke whenever I go to my closest shop. He is banned from entering the shop (no idea why) and he then asks if you could get him some milk/bread/whatever the hell he needs that day. The people working in the shop seem fine with it, as long as this bloke doesn’t actually go into the shop.

He always hands over too much money as well, which means I have to work out how much to give him back. I could just tell him to piss off or keep his change, but I have no idea why he is banned from the shop and I don’t fancy getting stabbed over a pint of milk. ;)

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Preezy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:07 pm

He might be a registered sex offender?

Wash those hands, Moggy!

Image
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by <]:^D » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:20 pm

for healthy nuts, eat some healthy nuts: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/04/want-stronger-healthier-sperm-eat-your-nuts
who's eating nuts right now?

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Jenuall » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:21 pm

jawafour wrote:So... I was just walking home (dat heat :dread: ) and I heard a voice say "Can you help me?". Looking over to the other side of the road a young women was standing there. I asked what was up and she said she couldn't open her front door.

She showed me that she had a key but it was a bit odd; the keyring only had one key and the door clearly needed two to gain access. She tried the key in the lock and then asked me to try. I did and it felt like the key was not gonna turn at all. Alarm bells started ringing in my mind!

She seemed really anxious and said that she suffered from autism; judging by her demeanor this seemed legit. She said that her mum was out at work and she had to get in "to feed the dogs". I suggested that sha call her mum (she said she had a phone but she was worried that her mum would be annoyed) or that she call in to a neighbour (she said she had tried this) or that she went to the high street and sat down with a coffee until her mum got home.

Anyway... after about fifteen minutes she seemed to settle on the idea of calling her mum and went to sit down and make the call.

Tbh I felt at first that it was a bit odd (had she found a key and was trying to break in etc?) but I think she genuinely suffered from anxiety and was a bit unsure about what to do.

Tl;dr A young woman asked me to help her break into a house; I tried but couldn't get in.


You need to put more points into your lock-picking skill clearly.

That does sound slightly dodgy but like others have said it's hardly a conventional way to break in to a house so I think she was probably legit.

Moggy wrote:I keep getting stopped by this bloke whenever I go to my closest shop. He is banned from entering the shop (no idea why) and he then asks if you could get him some milk/bread/whatever the hell he needs that day. The people working in the shop seem fine with it, as long as this bloke doesn’t actually go into the shop.

He always hands over too much money as well, which means I have to work out how much to give him back. I could just tell him to piss off or keep his change, but I have no idea why he is banned from the shop and I don’t fancy getting stabbed over a pint of milk. ;)


Have you asked the people in the shop about him? Sounds a bit strange - are there no other shops he could go to?

Last edited by Jenuall on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by jawafour » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:24 pm

It was a bit weird but, yeah, it seemed to be a genuine situation rather than a break-in. I hope, anyway!

Moggy wrote:...He is banned from entering the shop (no idea why) and he then asks if you could get him some milk/bread/whatever the hell he needs that day...

I'm not a fan of buying stuff in a shop on behalf of someone else but, in this instance, it sounds to be pretty innocuous, Moggy. There is a shop near me where young teenagers sometimes hang around outside and ask you to buy cigs / drink for them and I never get involved in that.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Moggy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Jenuall wrote:Have you asked the people in the shop about him? Sounds a bit strange - are there no other shops he could go to?


There is another shop up the road, but it’s a crap shop with hardly anything in. Plus he is probably banned from that one as well. ;)

jawafour wrote:I'm not a fan of buying stuff in a shop on behalf of someone else but, in this instance, it sounds to be pretty innocuous, Moggy. There is a shop near me where young teenagers sometimes hang around outside and ask you to buy cigs / drink for them and I never get involved in that.


This guy is in his 30s/40s and has only ever asked for milk or bread. The shop workers don’t seem to mind (they shout at him if he goes near the door though :lol: ), it’s just a pain in the arse if he is around as you try and go into the shop. I assume he was banned for shoplifting or being abusive. Or maybe Preezy is right and he is a fiddler. I should man up and tell him no, but it is awkward and he is probably a violent killer.

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Hyperion » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:54 pm

He's using you to launder money/pass on forgeries

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Moggy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Hyperion wrote:He's using you to launder money/pass on forgeries


A couple of quid in silver and coppers hardly sounds like a big time money launderer.

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Pedz » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:He's using you to launder money/pass on forgeries


A couple of quid in silver and coppers hardly sounds like a big time money launderer.


He may not be big time, yet.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Hyperion » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:40 pm

Pedz wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:He's using you to launder money/pass on forgeries


A couple of quid in silver and coppers hardly sounds like a big time money launderer.


He may not be big time, yet.


Yeah, at the moment he's got you buying bread and milk but before you know it you'll be buying cars and quarries

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by That's not a growth » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Ask the store why he's banned, I'm well curious.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Moggy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Hyperion wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:He's using you to launder money/pass on forgeries


A couple of quid in silver and coppers hardly sounds like a big time money launderer.


He may not be big time, yet.


Yeah, at the moment he's got you buying bread and milk but before you know it you'll be buying cars and quarries


He’s only asked me to buy him a lazer tag business.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Jenuall » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Hyperion wrote:He's using you to launder money/pass on forgeries


A couple of quid in silver and coppers hardly sounds like a big time money launderer.


He may not be big time, yet.


Yeah, at the moment he's got you buying bread and milk but before you know it you'll be buying cars and quarries


He’s only asked me to buy him a lazer tag business.


I'd advise him to buy a car wash joint. Much more legit.

ImageImage
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: TCRT 7: Episode 2 - Attack of The Chat
by Dual » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:19 pm

jawafour wrote:So... I was just walking home (dat heat :dread: ) and I heard a voice say "Can you help me?". Looking over to the other side of the road a young women was standing there. I asked what was up and she said she couldn't open her front door.

She showed me that she had a key but it was a bit odd; the keyring only had one key and the door clearly needed two to gain access. She tried the key in the lock and then asked me to try. I did and it felt like the key was not gonna turn at all. Alarm bells started ringing in my mind!

She seemed really anxious and said that she suffered from autism; judging by her demeanor this seemed legit. She said that her mum was out at work and she had to get in "to feed the dogs". I suggested that sha call her mum (she said she had a phone but she was worried that her mum would be annoyed) or that she call in to a neighbour (she said she had tried this) or that she went to the high street and sat down with a coffee until her mum got home.

Anyway... after about fifteen minutes she seemed to settle on the idea of calling her mum and went to sit down and make the call.

Tbh I felt at first that it was a bit odd (had she found a key and was trying to break in etc?) but I think she genuinely suffered from anxiety and was a bit unsure about what to do.

Tl;dr A young woman asked me to help her break into a house; I tried but couldn't get in.


That's the oldest chat up line in the book mate. You missed out there, she wanted the D.


Return to “Stuff”