That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostThat Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Super Dragon 64 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Image

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+

_________________________________________________

Image

Death Squared (Tuesday)
Eekeemoo: Splinters of The Dark Shard (Tuesday)
Kona (Tuesday)
Siralim 2 (Tuesday)
Styx: Shards of Darkness (Tuesday)
Danganronpa 1 2 Reload
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity

_________________________________________________

Image

Death Squared (Tuesday)
Eekeemoo: Splinters of The Dark Shard (Tuesday)
Kona (Tuesday)
Styx: Shards of Darkness (Tuesday)
The Keep (Thursday)
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Thursday)
NieR: Automata

_________________________________________________

Image

Death Squared (Tuesday)
Kona (Tuesday)
Styx: Shards of Darkness (Tuesday)
Blue-Collar Astronaut
Dark Arcana: The Carnival
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
NeuroVoider

_________________________________________________

Image

:?:

_________________________________________________

Image

Siralim 2 (Tuesday)

==================================

Next week (24th March): 88 Heroes (Steam); Mass Effect: Andromeda (Origin, PS4, XO); Toukiden 2 (PS4, Steam, Vita); Troll and I (PS4, Steam, XO); Vikings - Wolves of Midgard (PS4, Steam, XO); Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS4, Steam, Vita)
Last edited by Super Dragon 64 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Lagamorph » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Danganronpa isn't out yet? A shop near me was selling the PS4 version yesterday I'm sure.
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Super Dragon 64 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:53 pm

I double checked and it's actually not out until Friday so it looks like that shop broke the street date.

Despite being wrapped up with Breath of the Wild, I'll be buying Bye-Bye BoxBoy on day one :toot: Hopefully new games come to the Switch as it's too soon to say bye :(
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by jawafour » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Nothing for me this week. I will be tempted by Mass Effect Andromeda next week but that's gonna be pretty tough to justify when I haven't played the original trilogy.
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Pedz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:57 pm

jawafour wrote:Nothing for me this week. I will be tempted by Mass Effect Andromeda next week but that's gonna be pretty tough to justify when I haven't played the original trilogy.


I don't think you need to have played the first trilogy, they are different stories, set at different times in different galaxies.
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Super Dragon 64 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:04 pm

You do have to have finished Ocarina of Time first as their stories are linked and they're set in the same galaxy.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by jawafour » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:12 pm

Pedz wrote:I don't think you need to have played the first trilogy, they are different stories, set at different times in different galaxies.

Thanks, dude, but it's more that I have the original trilogy and just haven't played it. It feels like it'd be crazy to get Andromeda whilst never having made time for the originals.

Super Dragon 64 wrote:You do have to have finished Ocarina of Time first as their stories are linked and they're set in the same galaxy.

I am all set to search out the N7 area of Hyrule :lol: .
Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Ironhide » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Yet another week with nothing for me. I haven't actually bought any games this year as there's not been anything that appeals to me that I can play.
Image
User avatar
Jamo3103
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Coconut Bob
Location: Manchester

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Jamo3103 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:31 pm

Didn't realise Turok 2 was out on Steam this week, that's a nice surprise. I'll definitely be picking it up at some stage although probably not this week unless the pricing is something exceptional.
Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Death's Head » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Jamo3103 wrote:Didn't realise Turok 2 was out on Steam this week, that's a nice surprise. I'll definitely be picking it up at some stage although probably not this week unless the pricing is something exceptional.

Is this going to be a straight port or some kind of HD remake?
Yes?
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Super Dragon 64 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:53 pm

It's a remake. I'd get it but this week belongs to BoxBoy :toot:
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by jawafour » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Super Dragon 64 wrote:...this week belongs to BoxBoy :toot:

:toot: . Am I going mad, or was "Bye-Bye! BoxBoy!" originally gonna be called "Goodbye! BoxBoy!"?
Image
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Super Dragon 64 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:00 pm

I think that goodbye came from translating sayonara in the Japanese title to goodbye. Stay with us, BoxBoy :(
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by jawafour » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Super Dragon 64 wrote:I think that goodbye came from translating sayonara in the Japanese title to goodbye....

Back!Back! BoxBoy! :toot: .
Image
User avatar
Jamo3103
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Coconut Bob
Location: Manchester

PostRe: RE: Re: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Jamo3103 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Death's Head wrote:
Jamo3103 wrote:Didn't realise Turok 2 was out on Steam this week, that's a nice surprise. I'll definitely be picking it up at some stage although probably not this week unless the pricing is something exceptional.

Is this going to be a straight port or some kind of HD remake?


The first one was a HD remaster and also improved things like the draw distance as well as adding a level editor, enhanced AI etc. - Was really good but I seem to remember it being about £18 when they released it which was way too much.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by jawafour » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:11 am

Super Dragon 64 wrote:Bye-Bye BoxBoy! (Thursday)...

Uhm... I went ahead and asked Mocky to make our new GR logo... but the game releases *next* Thursday, 23 March!

We'll just have to leave the BoxBoy logo up all week* :datass: .

* Grumpy people - don't worry, we won't :) .
Image
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Super Dragon 64 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 am

jawafour wrote:
Super Dragon 64 wrote:Bye-Bye BoxBoy! (Thursday)...

Uhm... I went ahead and asked Mocky to make our new GR logo... but the game releases *next* Thursday, 23 March!

We'll just have to leave the BoxBoy logo up all week* :datass: .

* Grumpy people - don't worry, we won't :) .

Great work, jawa and Mocky :wub: :toot:

Not so great work to me for mixing up the dates :oops: :(
Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by rinks » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 am

Death Squared is great.
This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Death's Head » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:30 am

Jamo3103 wrote:The first one was a HD remaster and also improved things like the draw distance as well as adding a level editor, enhanced AI etc. - Was really good but I seem to remember it being about £18 when they released it which was way too much.


Do you know if things like save points were improved? I never managed to finish this on the N64 but would be interested in having another try in HD, particularly if save points were improved.
Yes?
User avatar
Jamo3103
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Coconut Bob
Location: Manchester

PostRe: RE: Re: That Friday Feeling - UK Video Game Releases (17/03/17)
by Jamo3103 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:06 am

Death's Head wrote:
Jamo3103 wrote:The first one was a HD remaster and also improved things like the draw distance as well as adding a level editor, enhanced AI etc. - Was really good but I seem to remember it being about £18 when they released it which was way too much.


Do you know if things like save points were improved? I never managed to finish this on the N64 but would be interested in having another try in HD, particularly if save points were improved.


As far as I can remember it has the same save points as the original Turok but you can unofficially access a quick save feature through the console commands on PC.
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: black stig, Brerlappin, Errkal, FatDaz, gamerforever, Google [Bot], KjGarly, Miguel007, rudderless, Ste, Yoshimi and 48 guests