The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Rog » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:14 am

Jeffrey wrote:
Rog wrote:So if I wanted to watch todays Attack on Titan. How would I go about it in the best way :shifty:

Kissanime


:toot:
User avatar
PurplePenguin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by PurplePenguin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Yep also for reference it has a sister site called Kisscartoon...apparently...some guy told me...

I've recently been watching the City Hunter anime. Quite a funny action series from the 80's.
Image
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Todays whomp describes me.

Image
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Grumpy David » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Berserk season 2, Attack on Titan season 2 and My Hero Academy season 2 all at once Ahhhhhh Yeahhhhh!!!
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Well, I finished watching part 4. It was amazing. I think I still prefer part 3, but damn it was good.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Now on to the manga. ;)

Part IV was the start of more complex Stand abilities and more of the battles required some strategy. As much as I love Part III, many of the encounters ended with Jotaro just brute-forcing his way to victory with his OP Stand. Yoshikage Kira has got to be the highlight though, such a menacing villain and the way he justifies his actions and talks to his victims is quite unnerving. Shigechi :cry:

Boku no Hero Academia's second season is off to a strong start. The manga has fast become one of my favourites to read each week and it's great seeing some of the standout moments animated so well. So glad it's going to be 25 episodes this time around. :wub: The ending theme is far too adorable but also far too good. :shifty:

The CGI Berserk gets a lot of flack, but it seems to have improved a decent amount since last years season. Berserk does deserve better, but when the source material is so good even a gooseberry fool adaptation is thoroughly enjoyable. Oh well, new chapter to look forward to within the next week or two.
ImageImage
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Some of the stands in Part IV are insanely precise.

My only issue I have with Part IV, is it feels like Jotaro could've solved half the problems by using The World. There's however many years between Part 3 and 4 and it seems not once does Jotaro really feel like training The World to stop time for longer. It's so bizzare!
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Qikz wrote:Some of the stands in Part IV are insanely precise.

My only issue I have with Part IV, is it feels like Jotaro could've solved half the problems by using The World. There's however many years between Part 3 and 4 and it seems not once does Jotaro really feel like training The World to stop time for longer. It's so bizzare!


Yeah, but it was kinda necessary to nerf Jotaro as it wasn't his part. End of Part III Jotaro would pretty much one-shot every enemy with only one or two exceptions, although it must be said that he'd never be up to DIO's time-stopping standard as it takes a massive toll on his stamina. I believe there were a couple of comments made that implied he hadn't been completely inactive during the time-skip, but you'd think he'd know better than to get a bit lazy.

I really hope David Production announce the Part V anime soon.
ImageImage
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:
Qikz wrote:Some of the stands in Part IV are insanely precise.

My only issue I have with Part IV, is it feels like Jotaro could've solved half the problems by using The World. There's however many years between Part 3 and 4 and it seems not once does Jotaro really feel like training The World to stop time for longer. It's so bizzare!


Yeah, but it was kinda necessary to nerf Jotaro as it wasn't his part. End of Part III Jotaro would pretty much one-shot every enemy with only one or two exceptions, although it must be said that he'd never be up to DIO's time-stopping standard as it takes a massive toll on his stamina. I believe there were a couple of comments made that implied he hadn't been completely inactive during the time-skip, but you'd think he'd know better than to get a bit lazy.

I really hope David Production announce the Part V anime soon.


Let's be perfectly honest, the only "true" protagonist up until the end of part 4 at least has been Joseph. He beat Cars basically by himself and then all throughout Stardust Crusaders he was pretty much the protagonist. Honestly, Joseph is best Jojo. :wub:

I loved Josuke as well, but nobody will top Joseph for me. At least it's going to be really difficult.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:14 pm

I'd quite happily agree with that. One of the things that really disappointed me in Part III is that Joseph never got turned back into his young self by Alessi, although Polnareff flinging his gooseberry fool was hilarious. I'd love to have had just a little more of young Joseph's god-tier trolling and battle tactics. :wub:

Best thing about Josuke was that he was quite similar to Joseph. I adored his little money making schemes and bullshit he tried to pull, especially when they involved Rohan. :lol: :wub:

I'd probably go with Joseph > Josuke > Part VII JoJo > Part VI JoJo > Jotaro + Part VIII JoJo > Part V JoJo + Jonathon
ImageImage
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 am

All the JoJos manga so far is now downloaded. Now, do I go back to Day 1 or just start from part 5? I'm thinking about starting from part 5.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:20 pm

Normally I would say go from the start, but the anime really is a fantastic adaptation. Maybe read a couple of the earlier chapters to see how you feel, although it will likely be quite jarring as it is very '80's.
ImageImage
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:28 pm

I skipped through to the start of part 5, which was infact the end of part 4. I can't believe how faithful the anime ending was given the ending of the Manga. Part of me wants to go back further and see the whole thing, but I'll read on first I think. Just started the very beginning of Part 5 today.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Part 5 is amazing so far. Gio is great!
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Part V also has one of the best JoBro's in Bruno Bucciarati. :wub:

Some really awesome Stands in GioGio's group and great battles throughout the part. Making me want to read it again and I only just finished re-reading Part VI. :lol:

Edit: Did you go for translated manga or are you reading the raws? A group has recently been updating a lot of the poor translations and used full-colour scans.
ImageImage
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Part V also has one of the best JoBro's in Bruno Bucciarati. :wub:

Some really awesome Stands in GioGio's group and great battles throughout the part. Making me want to read it again and I only just finished re-reading Part VI. :lol:

Edit: Did you go for translated manga or are you reading the raws? A group has recently been updating a lot of the poor translations and used full-colour scans.


Raws.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Part V also has one of the best JoBro's in Bruno Bucciarati. :wub:

Some really awesome Stands in GioGio's group and great battles throughout the part. Making me want to read it again and I only just finished re-reading Part VI. :lol:

Edit: Did you go for translated manga or are you reading the raws? A group has recently been updating a lot of the poor translations and used full-colour scans.


Raws.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 am

This is so good. The first fight with Black Sabbath + Kouichi is probably one of my favourite fights so far. Named above is such a cool Stand.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Qikz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:45 pm

Moody Blues!f

That is one AWESOMELY COOL stand.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanime and Japanga Thread
by Rightey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:10 am

:lol:

Might be NSFW...
Robot Girls Z


► Link


Has anyone seen this show? Is it as good as this clip makes it seem?
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bunni, Rightey, Yahoo [Bot] and 49 guests